• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We received Purchase Orders yesterday and again last night. My company's capacity is sold out 'till Christmas. We need to hire ten new employees.
So much for retirement. Damn Trump effect gets me again.

Ya know, it was always my intention to die in the yoke or the saddle. Whilst I would prefer the saddle, more and more, it looks like the yoke will be my fate.

MAGA!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Swearing and screaming at ford this morning with the dash half torn apart in the truck changing a vent control actuator. Like seriously.....whoever designed it must be either a midget or a human pretzel. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Swearing and screaming at ford this morning with the dash half torn apart in the truck changing a vent control actuator. Like seriously.....whoever designed it must be either a midget or a human pretzel. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Nope , they have borrowed a manufacturing technique used by aircraft manufacterers for decades .take all the items that are fragile ,have a low mtbf ,or weigh 200 pounds and hang them from ropes ,then build the plane around them . And as a bonus , they would make sure all electrical connections are on the back side . . .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds about right. I wasn't kidding when I said I had half the dash apart to get at the stupid thing. My neighbors learned a new language today. Lmao. Got it all back together now. One stupid 5/16 bolt took me 2 hours to remove and involved bending a long shaft wrench to be able to get it in there.

With this storm we're getting today, we opted to skip camp this weekend. The weather forecast is calling for......(cover your eyes and scroll past if you don't want to cry).......SNOW on Sunday with a high of +6 Celsius. Seems like I was just wearing shorts the other day.
41486fa24c36e43789f021d37403a023.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got home from work after 2.
Took a short nap, went out for Chinese and just been talking to Zeke all day while he is at his event, then talked to Jeff a while ago - his lady love is enroute from Pittsburgh.
I'm going to dinner with them tomorrow.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Took a 3 hour motorcycle ride to the TASTEE TOP drive-in that is about a 15 minute drive away from our house.

We took the scenic route :thumbup:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Just arrived home from 3 weeks in Colorado. I really like this new motorhome. Only one thing went wrong with it and there was an easy work around. The electric water heater quit second day out but the AquaHot system also works as an old fashioned boiler using diesel from the fuel tanks. So, switch it on for 30 minutes and there was plenty of hot water for showers and dishes, etc. All in all, we had a great time.

Got home to see that the hogs had torn up the yard again. I'm getting too old to be staying up all night on the off chance that they show up. I need to get a hog trap. I'll start looking for one tomorrow. The racoons have also been busy since we've been gone. Need to take care of those too. Lord, I could be to be killing wildlife for weeks!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd love to see Colorado some day.

We decided at 6pm to go to camp just for the night. We left the oldest boy at home alone for the first time. Anxious to see what's left of the house when we get home today.

The only reason we came to camp is to drop off the old bbq and a set of rv benches and table we picked up for the back bedroom. I also wanted to get the side by side and bring it to town so I can go hunting during the week. This coming week is the first scout camp. We'll be sleeping in tents.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up to make coffee, it was freezing in here!
A/C off!
I think we won't be needing it if the weather is staying positively autumn like it says.
Bling, bling, bling!
Guess who is texting me at 6am?
:yum::hammer::bolt:

I guess Jeff and Miss Haas and I will be dining together tomorrow night.
Today they're going to a fall festival with number 1 grandbug.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm going to have to cheat because a lot of this happened yesterday . . .

A friend of mine is in the hospital back east.
Since it's so hot here I decided to wait until last night to get her a get well card. It's no cooler then but at least the sun doesn't beat down on one's head. I can't drive (seizures).

The drug store is close to a mile from me and I didn't want to walk there in this heat under the sun.
The traffic lights here don't give one much time to cross but the one by the store give pedestrians just a bit more time than another that I could also have used.
As I was walking up to the intersection I saw the light turn green.

I saw another group of people on the other side of the street I was walking on start across.

When I got up to the light I almost stopped to wait for it to turn red then green again but I looked over and saw the people on the other side of the were only about a third of the way across. So I decided to try to cross. Even though I knew I had enough time I tried to move quickly.
Good thing that I didn't move more quickly because when I was about halfway across Zoom a car turned left about a foot in front of me.
I would have been beyond a "get well card" myself.

I carefully crossed the rest of the way still with the light very much green for me.
(From now on I only cross that street on a fresh green light.)

I got to the the store, they had plenty of other cards for birthdays etc. but only one type of get well card (sappy of course).

I got home and noticed that the clerk hadn't put the envelope in the bag.
I rooted around and found a Christmas card that had the same sizes envelope.

Instead of giving her just a sappy card I decided to print a picture for her. I know she likes my cats so previously I had taken a picture (I thought) of one of my cats to print out. I looked and saw that I hadn't had an SD card in it.

I took another picture got it on my laptop and edited it the way I wanted it. So I could print a personalized message about being sad that she was in the hospital

I got out my printer. I have to set it up some other place than where I keep it.
I got it out and set it up. I haven't used it that much and am very forgetful. It took me awhile to get it going and print it out. I was just printing it out when I heard the postman outside the door.
I went ahead and addressed the card so I could send it Monday.

Except after that later today I heard she had been transferred to a care home to recover. Can't use the card, can't use the picture.
I'm happy that she is out, but she might NOT get a get well card.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Finished the new bathroom install. All that is left is hanging the door.

I'll try to set pics tomorrow.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Continuing on my new downstairs staircase project. Demo of the old stairs is done and now time to start laying out and measuring for the new stairs. I got the 16 foot 2 x 12's delivered yesterday so I am good to go.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Back from church.

Going to do some weeding of flower beds. Possibly some other yard/house type work?

The lovely Mrs_Bob wants to go to the garden center later.

Probably work in a bike ride later in the afternoon.

Over the past few days we did a "3 hour tour" to pick up some keys from my locksmith, stopped for lunch at the Tastee Top. 3 hours of riding country and I doubt we were ever more than 15 miles away from home. Did a similar ride into Illinois yesterday but we ran down a couple of gravel roads, I want to change the tires on these bikes after riding on gravel. These tires are NOT the tires that will take us on our future trip.

Attachments

• 1AF91F08-3641-4761-915A-A49C3A6F826F.jpg
    1AF91F08-3641-4761-915A-A49C3A6F826F.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 81

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome. I'm jealous.

Just got home from church. Going to an outdoor gun show this afternoon. Then friends are coming for a game night and dinner.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The weeding and mowing has commenced. I used the big tractor and got all the 'open' areas of the lawn. The Ventrac will be needed to get under the trees and into the tight spots. Lots of weeding has been done by the entrance to the driveway. Its amazing how many weeds can hide in between the flowers :smileywac

Awesome. I'm jealous.

Just got home from church. Going to an outdoor gun show this afternoon. Then friends are coming for a game night and dinner.

Just browsing or looking for something in particular?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The weeding and mowing has commenced. I used the big tractor and got all the 'open' areas of the lawn. The Ventrac will be needed to get under the trees and into the tight spots. Lots of weeding has been done by the entrance to the driveway. Its amazing how many weeds can hide in between the flowers :smileywac

Just browsing or looking for something in particular?
Just browsing. Saw a nice mossberg 500 in 20 ga. Was tempted but opted not to.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent most of the day with Superman and Miss Germany.
We didn't go to church, but did go inside one in Toledo, so she could see it.
Then we went to a seafood restaurant.
I had lobster thermidor that knocked my socks off.
Going in on the night shift at 9:40p sharp this evening.
I won't nap first because it screws my system up.

Ooops forgot these.

20180923_175708.jpg

received_246254092740352.jpeg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally got the tenants out Dad's house. They were supposed to live there no more than a month or two whilst they found "their place." That was January 2018.

8 months of not paying rent or taking care of the place.:hammer:

Boy did they leave a mess. Icebox was chock full of food, mostly out of date. Much of it was stuff from fast food joints. We filled the pickup twice to haul away to the dump. this is just the TRASH.

They left furniture, ruined carpets and a lot of damage. These folks worked for me. I was just trying to help them out.

I guess they won't be at work Monday cause they know once I got inside, I would be p!ssed Rumor has it they bugged out for Alabama.

So much for being a nice guy.

Never got the time to take pictures of the new bathroom. sorry.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So I've managed to get 2 loads of laundry done so far.
Lady from apt.6 sees me and said "hey, I've seen you before, you're a nurse aren't you?"
She then proceeded to give me her entire health history.
Hello Genevieve. Nice to know you.
All about you.
Everything.
All.
:yum:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
So I've managed to get 2 loads of laundry done so far.
Lady from apt.6 sees me and said "hey, I've seen you before, you're a nurse aren't you?"
She then proceeded to give me her entire health history.
Hello Genevieve. Nice to know you.
All about you.
Everything.
All.
Dragonfly Lady seems to be cursed with Visible Empathy. All she has to do is walk into a room and complete strangers come up to her and start telling her things they wouldn't tell anyone else ... not even a priest, therapist, or significant other. And they seem to feel that she will give them answers to all their problems! It is flattering in a weird way, but a pain in the rear nonetheless.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Visible Empathy!
That's what it is. :smile:

I've been busy as heck all morning, running here and there.
It's supposed to storm this afternoon and then again tonight.
Picked up a day shift at work for Thursday 6-2.
I hated to tell my DON no more nights please.
She understood and told me she's going to soon look to hiring me part time anyway.
I'd like full so I can get on their insurance plan instead of paying out the ass for my current one which I've stayed on with from my old job.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Earth is my favorite planet! I don't know, It just slipped my mind! Is that really you in your avatar picture?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Course it isn't me, silly.
I find suitable ones to use.
Every single time I change it, I can hear Muleman whisper in my ear "there you go again Ms. avatar changer"

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's something!
I've got the chat head open on Facebook messenger talking to my son Jeff.
He just went outside and found a cat looking very beat up.
He's taking it to Friends of Felines.
He took a short video of the poor thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.