• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Moving my business

Tweeker

I own a metrology lab
I looked into selling it a month or so back and was told that it was only worth the scrap value of the equipment
Placing it at about 20% replacement cost and closer to 50% what the fair market value of the equipment is. It seems that the only entrepreneurs out there are the ones that can't see the value of what a company does, only the scrap value of its assets
So I am moving my business to Arizona
What a colossal task
Looking to hear some stories of others moving challenges
Tweeker

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck ............. I just went on my own as a consultant in the power industry and now (with the help of my son) some small retail. We shall see ......

Glad you're getting out of the land of fruits and nuts!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would ceck with the state and make sure they don't have provisions for a tax credit, or something, for moving there. Many states are on the "hunt" for bussiness's to move, due to the political climate in their state....

California has a big red X all over it!

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I moved 5000 items packed in a 30,000 square foot warehouse into a 55,000 square foot building. The move was about 15 miles. It was a nightmare but we got it done and were up and running again in 4 days.

Rented a lot of equipment so we had equipment at both buildings.

Had the new building's pallet racks, picking shelves, etc 75% in place in advance. We were re-using some of the racks and some flow-through shelving units, those were emptied and then moved first, reassembled and then the real move progressed.

Hired several semi-trucks to run 12 hour days just shuttling loads from old to new.

Everyone worked mandatory overtime on all shifts.

Customers got deliveries nearly on time by Tuesday.

Tweeker

My operation isn't that big thank goodness
I'll be moving two offices one warehouse/workshop and three laboratories
Consisting of 7 benches a CMM two hydraulic presses and about 300 pieces of instrumentation plus all the support equipment for them
It will take me a month to get the labs up and running at full capabilities
All my income will come from on site services
I hope it goes as well as yours did
Tweeker

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Gee Tweeker....I was under the impression you LIKED the Progressive life!!!!:whistling:
Be verry carefull..folks will think you are turning consertive!!!!!!:yum::confused2::tiphat:

Tweeker

Your probably right
I suppose that I wasn't the best fit for siding with the liberals
But as you can see very few others took up the banner
I am not confused , or am I ?:unsure:
It's the innocent elderly and children I care about
Tweeker

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Your probably right
I suppose that I wasn't the best fit for siding with the liberals
But as you can see very few others took up the banner
I am not confused , or am I ?:unsure:
It's the innocent elderly and children I care about
Tweeker

I aplod you in your consern:flowers: and wish ya well in your up coming move.