• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

JEV's wife laments his story!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
my husband sits from dusk till day
keying his mike and breakin away
rollin them numbers and
callin them names
I tell ya it's a cryin shame
that a grown man such as he
should be shackled and tied to an old C.B.;
He's the Mustang Monitor from Hooterville
Who craves to be on C.B. Hill
With coax so thick and antenna so high
That his upper don't bleed on his lower side
-Ten Fo?​

Leni

The day after my husband asked me to marry him I went over to his parents house to see him. He was laying out a cubical quad and didn't even look up to say 'hi'. I took a look at that and decided that this was going to be my competition and could I live with it? I decided that at least I would know where he was at night. He became a ham at 15 and there was no way that he would quit. We've been married 48 years.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
It is a good hobby......Mom and I are both hams...KI0HO...and KC0AFM havent been active for a while
but we do use two meters once in a while.....the old hts come in handy now and then....

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Tell mrs....JEV..to get her ticket and enjoy the hobby with him!!!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The day after my husband asked me to marry him I went over to his parents house to see him. He was laying out a cubical quad and didn't even look up to say 'hi'. I took a look at that and decided that this was going to be my competition and could I live with it? I decided that at least I would know where he was at night. He became a ham at 15 and there was no way that he would quit. We've been married 48 years.

Leni, that's a great story. I love it. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Tell mrs....JEV..to get her ticket and enjoy the hobby with him!!!!!
"She who must be obeyed" simply tolerates my hobbies, and has no desire to participate. She much prefers watching Dancing with the Dingbats (oops...I meant to say Stars:whistling:), Survivor and all that other mindless stuff on TV. I invite her into my hobbies, but she prefers to not participate. Fine with me.

This is the style of antenna Leni was talking about, the cubical quad thta I built almost a year ago.