• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2020 Sno Cat Clowder ( FEBRUARY 1, 2020 )

alryA

Earlier Mike had mentioned boats tired up for the winter at the Superior/Duluth harbor and I just found the list that's pasted below. The Paul T, American S and Burns H are all 1000ft in length.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Boat Layup Locations!

At Fraser Shipyards (Superior)
John J. Boland
Honorable James L. Oberstar
Lee A. Tregurtha

At Midwest Energy Resources Co. (Superior)
Paul R. Tregurtha

At Hansen-Mueller Co.'s Elevator M (Superior)
Burns Harbor

At Enbridge Terminal (Superior)
American Spirit

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
to the camping, Glamping crowd.

and to the hearty towing champs that tugged throughout the sub zero weather last year......

Check this forcast out.

a 60° increase in temps....

and in the poking fun at each other department......

the pacific northwest antifreeze ( the environmentally friendly stuff) may have a chance of staying liquid.....
Oh wait someone went air cooled this year! welcome to the fun side of life.

Attachments

• 75149.jpg
    75149.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 324

Patroller

Question????

There is a photojournalist who is planning to do a article on the Clowder. Is there anyone who has room for a passenger on Fri. He may want to ride along. Perhaps just the Cooper Peak portion.

Also I've had a couple of inquiries about the possibility or a ride from some other photographers. Any one?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Question????

There is a photojournalist who is planning to do a article on the Clowder. Is there anyone who has room for a passenger on Fri. He may want to ride along. Perhaps just the Cooper Peak portion.

Also I've had a couple of inquiries about the possibility or a ride from some other photographers. Any one?

got a seat or two available if and a big if they can handle riding in a beat up old tucker,

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking of photographers, Has anyone heard from Trish.?

I should have some seats. with the balmy temps forecasted I may put some seats on the backs of the rigs im bringing.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
her is hoping for a safe great event.

Attachments

• lawnsign.jpg
    lawnsign.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 234

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
on the road to kitten klowder, 2020 :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Attachments

• 9A0E2253-A7BA-489F-A255-E974CEC1E99D.JPG
    9A0E2253-A7BA-489F-A255-E974CEC1E99D.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:

alryA

We are heading to Ironwood on Thursday afternoon. :thumbup: We are planning to bring the boss along which carry's just one or two. Would someone like to drive it back from the lunch at the lake on Friday?? We also need someone to haul the mutts and spousal unit that day.

Attachments

• bossinsnow3.jpg
    bossinsnow3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 283

funtracks

The Red Wing father and son crew will be coming for sure, just finished the last few repairs/upgrades/etc... wrench time is over (for now, there's always more to do, right!!). We loaded the 1948 Tucker 422 on the trailer and it's hooked up, ready to leave Thursday evening. I have to give a huge thanks to my dad for doing much of the repairs and tune-up to the old cat while I got all the tracks and pontoons in order while buying parts fast enough to keep him busy (he still works fast even as he gets older). We plan to be down in the Powderhorn parking lot early Friday morning ready to drive, still feels weird having both skis and tracks on a machine. We'll probably do the fish fry at the VFW again Friday night, can't wait to see the group!!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Redsqwrl Dray is scurrying about, trying to get moving forward.

ND jeff has made it across the border and is loose in WI.

I am rolling out of the compound Wednesday ready or not.

I will be in Clowder-ville Thursday AM.

I am in for leaving some money at the VFW as well. ARly was kicking the black river inn im open to that as well. ( or a beverage at one and dinner at the other )

Phillip, technically this is shaping up to be a proper Two track event!!!

welcome all you sno cat newbies!!!!!

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m just waiting for the call that the new trailer sneakers are installed than I can load up. I figured it was time to have the leaky tire patched then I saw how weather checked they were and decided it would be best to deal with that here. I’ll be hitting the road sometime tomorrow morning after the kids are off to school.

My little BR-60 can’t wait to hang out at the Canadian Cat Clowder with the sv’s, ski-dozers and Powderhorn’s Br-350 (not sure if that one is Canadian but has Canadian ancestors at the least) . Equally excited to hang with the other brands too!

I have extra highway seats available if anyone wants to hitch a ride

Attachments

• 698FE5CD-1208-49E5-BE61-FD62A6CD5340.jpeg
    698FE5CD-1208-49E5-BE61-FD62A6CD5340.jpeg
    526.7 KB · Views: 301

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Travel safe everybody. I’ll be making one of these eventually.....

Another great event of awesome people.. Thanks to all who make these happen!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
road trip to kitten klowder has gone well, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and somewhere in the middle of Montana for the night....

lots of thumbs up, pictures at 70 mph, and a few offers at each fuel stop...

:smileywac:smileywac:smileywac

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3da.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3da.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 247

alryA

Is anyone interested in meeting for dinner Thursday night?? I've been grooming trails for well over 20 years and can tell stories, all true of course..... :laugh3:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
road trip to kitten klowder has gone well, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and somewhere in the middle of Montana for the night....

lots of thumbs up, pictures at 70 mph, and a few offers at each fuel stop...

:smileywac:smileywac:smileywac

:thumbup::applause:

Your official halfway point is Exit 23 (Fly Creek Rd, Pompey's Pillar) on the other side of Billings. It's all downhill from there!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Notice how there is room on the trailer in front of the kittens. Always leave room for the back haul just in case.

alryA

Speaking of trailers, we had to get ours out for the 1st time this winter. Who do you call to get it towed out?? We've had rain here this winter, so lots of ice on it. The boss was sitting on about a foot of hardened snow.

Attachments

• P1110004.jpg
    P1110004.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 236
  • P1110019.jpg
    P1110019.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 230
  • P1110020.jpg
    P1110020.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 258
  • P1110010.jpg
    P1110010.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 246
  • P1110008.jpg
    P1110008.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 247

Patroller

Just a quick update for the Friday excursion. This trip is across private land and we have secured permission and gate keys for this trip. The property owners have specifically allowed snow cats only. No snowmobiles will be allowed. We will be allowed one snowmobile for scouting or emergency travel back to the main road. We want to keep the property owners happy so we can do this again in future years.

Patroller

Speaking of photographers, Has anyone heard from Trish.?

I should have some seats. with the balmy temps forecasted I may put some seats on the backs of the rigs im bringing.
Trish has been out of the country exploring warmer climates. She has been following this on the Facebook group.

I believe there are 3 photographers that are looking for rides.

alryA

On Day two, when do we meet at Copper peak?? Do we even meet there??

is a little more organized family experience based around a Campfire lunch stop, family's and smiles dictate the navigation and to some extent the destination. time for Mountain biking, skiing and snowshoeing at the turn is encouraged...... ( past participants please expand )

Patroller

On Day two, when do we meet at Copper peak?? Do we even meet there??

is a little more organized family experience based around a Campfire lunch stop, family's and smiles dictate the navigation and to some extent the destination. time for Mountain biking, skiing and snowshoeing at the turn is encouraged...... ( past participants please expand )

Meet at the Powderhorn North parking lot about 8:30 (Fri) loaded and ready to go, then trailering to Copper Peak.

Patroller

The first machines heading out for a trail ride this morning.

Attachments

• 20200130_111851.mp4_snapshot_00.02_[2020.01.30_12.12.44].jpg
    20200130_111851.mp4_snapshot_00.02_[2020.01.30_12.12.44].jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 2020-01-30 11.04.39.jpg
    2020-01-30 11.04.39.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 2020-01-30 11.03.27.jpg
    2020-01-30 11.03.27.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 2020-01-30 11.01.38.jpg
    2020-01-30 11.01.38.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 191

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hummm, Powder Horn rig trying to sneak something by! More Pics & info please!

Attachments

• Inked2020-01-30%2011_01_38_LI.jpg
    Inked2020-01-30%2011_01_38_LI.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Inked2020-01-30%2011_04_39_LI.jpg
    Inked2020-01-30%2011_04_39_LI.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 209