• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Foremost Sure go

standclear

I recently pick up a 1970 Foremost Sure Go, and have been trying to find some infomation on it but it hasn't been going so good. I contacted Foremost and got a copy of a service manual but they didn't have too much information on it except that there was only six of the machines every made and most of them don't remember anything about them. So i was hoping that someone could enlighten me about any information that you might have.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to Forums Forums. Sorry i do not know anything about the Foremost but sure would love to see a pic of the one you got.

standclear

Here are some pictures. Its a 5 man cab, 300 ford industrial engines, Sunstrand hydrostatic drive, 32" wide tracks. I bought it locally from a gentlemen near Drayton Valley, turns out he is a memeber here (teamster) and he told me about this website. Anyways so far i have rebuilt the carb, did a full tune up on the engine, lubed the steering calbe that were very dirty and stiff, and use about 3 cans of degreaser and pressured the whole thing. I also flushed the hydraulic system twice, and replaced a couple of out hydraulic lines. she starts, runs and drives ok, she can turn on gravel but when trying to turn on grass it bogs down the motor and has no power so im going to remove the whole hydraulic system and clean everything and rework the ports on the hydraulic tank.

Attachments

• DSCF1317.JPG
    DSCF1317.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 638
  • DSCF1318.JPG
    DSCF1318.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 627
  • DSCF1319.JPG
    DSCF1319.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 647
  • DSCF1320.JPG
    DSCF1320.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 625
  • DSCF1321.JPG
    DSCF1321.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 640
  • DSCF1278.JPG
    DSCF1278.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 670
  • DSCF1291.JPG
    DSCF1291.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 641

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum !

Thanks for the pictures. Interesting.

I suspect that few track machines turn well on grass.

rnp

I had the opportunity to operate all of the units that foremost sent to Prince Patrick island, I was working for Velocity Surveys from Calgary, Alberta. The Oil Company was British Petroleum and we where doing a Refraction Seismic program.