• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Carded for windshield washer fluid ?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I needed some. Went to Tractor Supply because it's smaller than the stupid wallyworld...they wanted to know my date of birth !!!!!

Are you kidding me ??? I'm 60 years old and do not look 18. They won't sell it to anyone under 18 > WTF ??!!

Are they going to do a background check before I can buy an electric fence charger ??

:hammer:

This might be a rant...sorry...wrong board...

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Just gives you an idea of the intelligence of the clerk and his/ her supervision/ management. Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is in w/w fluid? alcohol/methanol. I've never taken time to read the label.
Mike

Just remembered I have a jug in the garage. Methyl alcohol, is that the shit that'll blind you if ingested?

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Just gives you an idea of the intelligence of the clerk and his/ her supervision/ management. Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is in w/w fluid? alcohol/methanol. I've never taken time to read the label.
Mike

Just remembered I have a jug in the garage. Methyl alcohol, is that the shit that'll blind you if ingested?

Yep. :sad::hammer:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I asked about this on another forum.

Other people have been carded for:

Liquid Wrench >24 years old min.

Power Service Diesel fuel conditioner

Duct tape

Super glue

Maybe I'm callous but if a person is stupid enough to ingest this stuff or use it inappropriately, they deserve what they get.

It just makes me think that banning or controlling an article or substance is totally stupid. Might as well ban/card for laundry soap and hammers.

Might work better to ban stupid people.
What if they had to pass a test to buy a Smartphone ? >> might cause trouble with it.

Hoo boy. Give me a break :hammer:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . if a person is stupid enough to ingest this stuff or use it inappropriately, they deserve what they get.

It just makes me think that banning or controlling an article or substance is totally stupid. Might as well ban/card for laundry soap and hammers.

Might work better to ban stupid people.
What if they had to pass a test to buy a Smartphone ? >> might cause trouble with it.

Hoo boy. Give me a break :hammer:
Seems to me that we keep protecting the 'stupid people' with silly laws. In nature they would have been culled from the herd at a tender age because hey were to stupid to gather nuts for the winter or run and hide from a predator.

Darwin called it survival of the fittest and it passes along the good traits like intellegence, cunning, speed, etc to the next generation. While the slow and stupid die off naturally and don't pass on their genes.

But here in America we have to put warning signs on rotary lawnmowers telling the dummies not to put their fingers near the spinning blades or to take a toaster into the bathtub :hammer:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
After thinking about it... I do see that it's a store policy and when it's a nationwide store, the policy is everywhere. It limits their liability.
They don't seem to have given the cashier any power to make a decision...

Or .... maybe I looked suspicious :yum:
ETA
I apologize for the rant.

SShepherd

they ask me for ID, phone number and personal info all the time-- I simply say NO. Unless it's something required by law to show proof of age their "in store" polocies can kiss my ass.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I may as well throw my gripe in to the collection.

It's 2-4-D.

As most of you know it's a herbicide that's sold on it's own or mixed with other herbicides to make it more effective. Now here's the rub. You can't buy it, or anything containing it, in a size larger than a quart without a Texas State Spraying License because it's considered a restricted chemical. So, without a license, I can't go to Tractor Supply and buy a gallon of the stuff but I CAN buy four, one quart containers without a problem. What's the frickin' sense in that except that it's a darned sight more expensive to buy it in quarts.

Who makes these stupid rules and regulations?

PS. I've also been carded for windscreen washer fluid. I usually tell the clerk to make something up ... and they do!!!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
When they pull that dumb shit I make it real clear they either want to sell it or they don't. Lowes does that sometimes and I tell them to get a manager or there is going to be a trouble. Folks need to quit giving in to this dumb shit and it will end. When they want a zip code I just make one up. Same for a phone number. Walmart cards for cold medicine that is out on the shelf. I looked at the girl and told her I am old enough to be your grandpa so put in a happy date and she did.:hammer: I buy windshield fluid by the case at Sams.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
they ask me for ID, phone number and personal info all the time-- I simply say NO. Unless it's something required by law to show proof of age their "in store" polocies can kiss my ass.

I got asked for my drivers license yesterday at the doctor's office.

I asked if it was a "law" that required it?

Nurse didn't know, said she was told to do it.

I asked again.

I then said NO. They never got it.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
When I go to the big cancer center they will drill your butt with no questions but when the doc lady wants a blood test you have to show ID. They say it is to prevent medicaid fraud. Must be a problem in Rochester that nobody else has since they take some every week at the local cancer center. One time I showed them my carry license since they only want photo ID. :w00t2:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I did have a friend I picked up from rehab to stay with me for a week before he went home and the son of a gun guzzled a bottle of Scope. He was drunk as a monkey on moonshine but had pleasant breath.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I got asked for my drivers license yesterday at the doctor's office.

I asked if it was a "law" that required it?

Nurse didn't know, said she was told to do it.

I asked again.

I then said NO. They never got it.

I was given 5 (five) 5mg hydrocodone pills after rotator cuff and labral tear surgery. Said DEA doesn't like them to prescribe narcotics. I told them to just forget it then. That would just be a waste of time, gas and money to pick up enough for maybe one day after surgery. This is getting nuts. That was my 14th joint surgery and they want to operate on 2 herniated discs in my back but I'm holding off on those since they don't bother me much. After the pain I've been in with my shoulder, I can see where legit patients are hitting the streets to try to get something for pain relief. My pee and blood test only tested positive for caffeine on a 20 panel (whatever that is) test.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
No matter, state or federal, when a beaurecrat make up a law, common sense flies out the window!! Same goes for chain store management.
Mike

Mark.Sibole

State fed beaurocrat and common sence done belong in the same sentence.
Its like Congress senators representatives judges and common sense.Can you pick up on the odd word there???