• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hoped to be boatings. Overcast and rain here so I brush hogged instead.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Geez, I'm in the kitchen making dinner this afternoon and a friend calls me from Defiance and tells me there was a suicide there today just off the street where my ex, the kids and I lived for 17 years.
Apparently the guy called the police station and said what he intended to do.
He shot his girlfriend, then turned the gun on himself.
The girl has been life flighted to Toledo.
She survived the attack but is fighting for her life right now.
Little kids were present and witnessed the whole thing.
How awful!
:neutral:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh my.....that's terrible.

I had a good but rough weekend at scout camp. Sleep in a tent on a field again tonight. In the morning we pack up, do closing ceremonies, and head home. It was hot today. 31 celcius. Thankfully it was windy. As soon as the wind died down, the black flies came out in swarms and tried to carry all the tents away. Now, the temperature dropped to just a few degrees above freezing. What a difference. Go from sweating buckets to freezing in 3 hours.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh my.....that's terrible.

I had a good but rough weekend at scout camp. Sleep in a tent on a field again tonight. In the morning we pack up, do closing ceremonies, and head home. It was hot today. 31 celcius. Thankfully it was windy. As soon as the wind died down, the black flies came out in swarms and tried to carry all the tents away. Now, the temperature dropped to just a few degrees above freezing. What a difference. Go from sweating buckets to freezing in 3 hours.

Canadian eh!!!

We used to call that weather. Now it's called climate change:unsure:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes it is terrible.
The gal is going to make it from what I've heard.
She and the kids are going to need counseling.
For sure.

It's a rainy and cool Sunday.
I'm thinking about going to 10:00 mass.
Lots of people need prayer.

rugerman

Watching it rain so my grass will grow, how is it that if I plant a garden the weeds grow faster than the vegetable that I lavish so much care on. Looking forward to going to the eye doctor tomorrow to get the verdict on the condition of my eyes and if the determination of the lining that could cause a rupture of my eye ball and therefore blindness, it’s a offshoot of my arthritis attacking my eyes.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Watching it rain so my grass will grow, how is it that if I plant a garden the weeds grow faster than the vegetable that I lavish so much care on. Looking forward to going to the eye doctor tomorrow to get the verdict on the condition of my eyes and if the determination of the lining that could cause a rupture of my eye ball and therefore blindness, it’s a offshoot of my arthritis attacking my eyes.

David, Great to see you posting!

Hope you get good news tomorrow.

Jim

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

For the same reason that you have perpetual dead zones in your lawn where grass just won't grow and yet it sprouts in the concrete driveway all summer.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Feel better soon, Bob.

Well, I must say I'm feeling chipper.
I just spent a while talking with Bobcat.
:mrgreen:

rugerman

As far as grass growing in the driveway, my lawn mower has a place for a couple of drinks on the right hand side, one holds ice water,bathe other a spray bottle of a very strong concentration of roundup for that very problem.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As far as grass growing in the driveway, my lawn mower has a place for a couple of drinks on the right hand side, one holds ice water,bathe other a spray bottle of a very strong concentration of roundup for that very problem.

Let us hope you never get them mixed up.:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well this certainly is proving to be the active weather state so far this month.
First tornadoes, now a 4.0 quake this morning in Cleveland.
Eastlake to be exact.
:unsure:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Round 3 of taking the truck to the dealership. They replaced the battery and reprogrammed the computer two days ago. Yesterday, I pulled into a parking lot and went to shut off the truck. I took the key out and the starter kept turning over. I started it back up and drove straight to the dealership. On the way, the starter was grinding and squealing until I hit a bump and it stopped. Later on, I turn it over and click click rrrrr. Nothing. Turn it over again and it fired up like nothing was wrong. So it's back in to get the starter looked at.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering from a virus???

It's not the flu.

I'm clearly feeling somewhat better but I'm also still sick. More energy and more appetite this morning. My head is still leaking and I'm going through Kleenex like a fat kid goes through the wrappers on candy bars. But overall I'd say that I'm starting the recovery process.

None too soon. Private lesson night at the fencing club. 5 or 6 students are coming in this evening.

The lovely Mrs_Bob wants to go for a motorcycle ride, perhaps after lunch. Her bike was "lowered" front and rear by the shop while she was out of town. We had a beautiful Sunday & Monday for riding but I was in bed. Rain supposed to start up again tomorrow so she wants to go for a ride with me today to try out the new suspension set up. The bike was dropped about 1" at the triple tree on the front end. Rear end now has an adjustable link that dropped the rear about an inch. Replaced the kickstand with an adjustable kickstand too so we can keep everything balanced properly.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welp, maybe a bit too much too soon?

Had some coffee.

Felt hungry so I got up to go to the kitchen to make a couple eggs. Wave of nausea made me think otherwise. Decided that sitting down and sipping some sparkling water is a better option than making greasy eggs.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I did get some sleep, thank goodness.
Little as it was, then made dinner and Facebooked for a while.
My tow boy son is in Cleveland for the next level of wreckmaster training.
The grandies are fine.
I was showing Maddie a holy card with Jesus on it.
She said, Nana, why he got no shoes on?
I said, he didn't have shoes. He had sandals.
Then she wanted to know if He had boots, drove a car...
That child, I'm tellin ya..
:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ty completed his course with Miller Industries in wreckmaster heavy duty equipment towing.
He's giving up 106 and gets a huge wrecker like "Noah".
:clap:
God I'm so proud of him!

It's been a great day.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's chilly here!
I mean the heat kicked on this morning.
Nothing much planned, just been text/yakking with the fam.
That new truck Ty is getting is omg!
He's like; "the hook and boom on that *^#@^&^ is beautiful".
Watch your mouth, son.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's chilly here!
I mean the heat kicked on this morning.
Nothing much planned, just been text/yakking with the fam.
That new truck Ty is getting is omg!
He's like; "the hook and boom on that *^#@^&^ is beautiful".
Watch your mouth, son.
Heading out to cut up some downed trees for firewood, then trimming some landscape bushes around the house. Hope to get it done before the 'R' (rain) gets here.

Pics of Ty's new truck please. Sounds awesome.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, it's going to be similar to Daren's 103, but with a longer wheel base.
Then of course, he has to get his name painted on it.
It's coming from down south.
As soon as it arrives and he's in it, I'll sure share some photos.
FB_IMG_1560438473313.jpg

Century-5230-thumbnail.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow: That one is HUGE ...and Ty's is even BIGGER. :wow:

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been doing as little as possible. We've been running like crazy for 2 months. I decided that today is a relaxing day. No running here and there. No unpacking. Only thing I have to do is make a trip to town later to pick up the truck from the dealership.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I peeled the strip off of ford again today. They got the starter in this morning but don't have time to install it. They arranged for a rental SUV two days ago. I got to the rental place and all they had was a small ford eco SUV about the size of my golf cart. Two squirrels running on a treadmill to power the thing. Step on the gas from a stop and you have enough time to brew a pot of coffee before it gets up to speed. Biggest piece of crap i've ever seen. Someone farts a mile away and it nearly blows you into the ditch. The absolute worst vehicle I've ever driven. So when the dealership said I wouldn't have my truck back today, I insisted on a bigger rental. I was given a brand new 2019 f150 with 200km on it to use.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So I peeled the strip off of ford again today. They got the starter in this morning but don't have time to install it. They arranged for a rental SUV two days ago. I got to the rental place and all they had was a small ford eco SUV about the size of my golf cart. Two squirrels running on a treadmill to power the thing. Step on the gas from a stop and you have enough time to brew a pot of coffee before it gets up to speed. Biggest piece of crap i've ever seen. Someone farts a mile away and it nearly blows you into the ditch. The absolute worst vehicle I've ever driven. So when the dealership said I wouldn't have my truck back today, I insisted on a bigger rental. I was given a brand new 2019 f150 with 200km on it to use.

Canadian eh!!!

Sounds like you have bigger dealer problems rather than Ford problems :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.