• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ASV Scout SC50 grooming snowmobile trails.

NHsledin

Hey all!

This is kind of my first post. I'm not a hardcore sno-cat operator but I still enjoy going out once and awhile. I've taken the safety course that the State requires in NH. Now I just trying to get seat time...not easy when the season is so short. These pics were taken by Dan when he was grooming the Bow Pioneer Snowmobile Club trail system.

We have a winch and you can see in the 4th pics that it rides all the time in the back receiver. Drag hydraulics have been switched to the joystick control. The MTN drag 6' x 12' has been upgraded to raise and extend the gooseneck for better geometry between the drag to tractor.

Attachments

• DSCF4209.JPG
    DSCF4209.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCF4210.JPG
    DSCF4210.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 403
  • DSCF4214.JPG
    DSCF4214.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 395
  • DSCF4215.JPG
    DSCF4215.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 407
  • DSCF4221.JPG
    DSCF4221.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 401
  • DSCF4226.JPG
    DSCF4226.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 401

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
nice post ....... so are you happy with the ASV scout? have you any trouble with it? do you like those tracks?

NHsledin

For our club and the condition we deal with it has been great. Much better than a skandic. The unit has plenty of power. We have no problems with crossing roads with the front sticking out like it does. Last year I was riding in it and could not believe the snow bank we went over. We would scrape the front on the road! Then just power up and over! The key to keeping the banks low is to cut them down with the drag. We don't want a blade on it because we think it would get us into more trouble.

Only a few small problems with the drag hydraulics that have all been taken care of by the dealer. Last year we snapped the drag goose neck. We chained it up to the ASV and pulled it out. That was very interesting with all cutting bars down...

From a snowmobliers point of view. The trails this unit takes care of have never been this good!