• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac belting overlap X3 grousers?

jask

I will have a look through the online manuals but does anyone know how many sets of holes overlap on the belting of a Snow Trac?
I thought it was 3 but had my machine over to the belting shop today to have the tech look at what was on it and it only has 2 sets of holes overlapped. He also pointed out that the material that is on it now was a really poor quality 2 ply ...... another fellow wanted to know if I knew where another one was for sale :smile:.... and if I was planning on doing any ice fishing:brows:
sure is fun driving around with this on the trailer and watching reactions.... now all we need is some snow. lots and lots of snow.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Two or three band track? The 3 band later ST's had a special grouser in the overlap area of the track.

With good belting two should be suffiecent. But as long as your putting on new belts why not make it three...

Mine actually had the belts cut too short, and only over lap one. But they also have another piece added over to bridge to the second grouser on each end ot the belts....

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

jask

Thanks Kirk, It is a two band machine.
The template pattern that was posted here ( Don? ) list 82 rows of holes ( 2 hole overlap ) while the drawing in the parts section of the 1963 manual shows a three hole. I think I will have them cut an extra 5" long and see how it looks on the machine.

jask

Thanks everyone, just heard back from the belting shop and they have a pile of offcuts from a slitting job for a mill and can supply the belts at +/- 1/8" width and + 12" length for 60$ a piece! Fastenal has a great clearance deal online for the fasteners I need... I love it when a plan comes together!!

turn out that procrastinating pays :)

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks everyone, just heard back from the belting shop and they have a pile of offcuts from a slitting job for a mill and can supply the belts at +/- 1/8" width and + 12" length for 60$ a piece! Fastenal has a great clearance deal online for the fasteners I need... I love it when a plan comes together!!

turn out that procrastinating pays :)

If you got your choice between smart and lucky, take lucky every time.

dion123

I will have a look through the online manuals but does anyone know how many sets of holes overlap on the belting of a Snow Trac?
I thought it was 3 but had my machine over to the belting shop today to have the tech look at what was on it and it only has 2 sets of holes overlapped. He also pointed out that the material that is on it now was a really poor quality 2 ply ...... another fellow wanted to know if I knew where another one was for sale :smile:.... and if I was planning on doing any ice fishing:brows:
sure is fun driving around with this on the trailer and watching reactions.... now all we need is some snow. lots and lots of snow.

2 holes

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
here are left and right photos.

336 left track
336 right track

267 Left side.
267 right side.

Internet forums work better with pictures.

Attachments

• 100_8085.jpg
    100_8085.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 100_8086.jpg
    100_8086.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_8087.jpg
    100_8087.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 100_8088.jpg
    100_8088.jpg