• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nursing home food.
Which at times isn't half bad.
Tonight was bad.
Lasagna with a hard roof of slide-off cheese, and a salad aka shredded lettuce.
:doh:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Nursing home food.
Which at times isn't half bad.
Tonight was bad.
Lasagna with a hard roof of slide-off cheese, and a salad aka shredded lettuce.
:doh:
I'll wager that it was that cheap ass iceberg lettuce as well. But my guess is that it was more than kids get in their "Michelle Meals" at school these days.:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Tonight's was goooooooood.
Din din at a place called Bandido's.
Monterey Chicken, with white rice and a very nice salad.

:yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Grandkids were over...

Attachments

• Papa Johns.jpg
    Papa Johns.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 41

Umberto

When I was a kid we did Appian Way Pizza with burger and onion for topping.

Tonight I did a kilo of moules with a baguette and butter on the side.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
wendy's. i got a potato w/ broccoli & cheese, & chili. i forgot that chili was there.
later, i'm looking to get pizza, if blake is over. or, if not, i'll make my usual pierogi & veggies.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I got the rest of Thanksgiving turkey out of the freezer with the gravy and stuffing. Probably have brussel sprouts and biscuits with it.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NOT COOKING TONIGHT.

Tired of left overs and 'freezer diving' dinners.

Taking the family out to dinner at a local steakhouse. Not sure what any of them will be ordering but I will probably have a giant double thick bone-in Rib Eye. Unless they have some sort of a lamb special, they also have really good lamb at this place. Then again I might have fish, if they have a good sounding special tonight. So probably one of those 3 options, unless they have rabbit. Had some rabbit about 3 weeks ago, it was awesome, so I could be coaxed. Maybe pheasant, just becuase I rarely get it, or duck, because I always love a nice roasted duck. Of course goose is even better.

So that is what I am having. Its narrowed down to something on the menu, or on the specials list.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
After working in the kitchen all day, I took Mrs JEV to the local Chinese buffet for dinner. Great meal under $20 even with the 20% tip. We have some smoked turkey breast in the fridge in case we get hungry later after the Chinese wears off.:yum: We'll put it on one of these...

Attachments

• Christmas 2014 Bread.jpg
    Christmas 2014 Bread.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 85

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had small curd cottage cheese, saltines, half a banana and some Sprite.
Whatever hit me last night is finally starting to go away. :hammer:

Umberto

NOT COOKING TONIGHT.

Tired of left overs and 'freezer diving' dinners.

Taking the family out to dinner at a local steakhouse. Not sure what any of them will be ordering but I will probably have a giant double thick bone-in Rib Eye. Unless they have some sort of a lamb special, they also have really good lamb at this place. Then again I might have fish, if they have a good sounding special tonight. So probably one of those 3 options, unless they have rabbit. Had some rabbit about 3 weeks ago, it was awesome, so I could be coaxed. Maybe pheasant, just becuase I rarely get it, or duck, because I always love a nice roasted duck. Of course goose is even better.

So that is what I am having. Its narrowed down to something on the menu, or on the specials list.

I was just saying today I'm hungry for duck and have not shot one in several years. Guess I'll have to buy one. I have one pheasant left from last year but it's going into pheasant supreme.

Tonight I pan fried a ribeye, NY Strip, and small fillet. The NYS will be hash next week.

IMG_3629.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dinner tonight:

Makers Mark Manhatten
Oysters Rockefeller
Salad with Creamy Garlic, fresh bread w/butter
26oz RibEye
Asparagas
Potatoes Vesuvio
Decaf Coffee
Rum Cake​

Umberto

Looks good! I failed to mention the 16 once lobster tail and acorn squash with gingerbread cookie for dessert. The lobster tail picture came out blurry. lol

Umberto

Dinner tonight:

Makers Mark Manhatten
Oysters Rockefeller
Salad with Creamy Garlic, fresh bread w/butter
26oz RibEye
Asparagas
Potatoes Vesuvio
Decaf Coffee
Rum Cake​

I do Oysters Rock every NYE. There's a picture some place. I'll find it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good! I failed to mention the 16 once lobster tail and acorn squash with gingerbread cookie for dessert. The lobster tail picture came out blurry. lol

I love roasted acorn squash :clap:

Umberto

Here are some MV oysters my son sent me a few years ago. The other half we ate on the half shell.

This year I'm not doing any as we are going to the coast for the clam tide and razor clams.

P1010012.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Ii'll see later on. my Parents shall choose. then make me make dinner. my Mom may make a pie.

Umberto

Tonight it's oyster soup and smoked turkey sandwiches.

As good as Pac NW oysters are, I miss the Chesapeake Bay variety.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to a family Christmas dinner. Don't know exactly what is on the menue. I am doing my usual thing, taking along Oyster stew, Chesapeake oysters. Never had the opportunity to try the Pacific kind. I think they would still be fine eating though....

The ones I have eaten from the Gulf coast were very good indeed. I suppose any flavor difference could be from what they are filtering out for food. Heck so far I like all of them!

Baked Acorn squash sounds good. Brown sugar, butter, and a touch of vanilla in mine please...

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to a family Christmas dinner. . .
Ditto here too.

At least Melen & I are going. My wife is not feeling up to attending. She has an infected tooth and fighting a cold. She needs to save her energy for a Christmas day feast at our house tomorrow. :sad:

Every year Christmas Eve at my cousin's house. Ham, stuffed cabbage, sausages, sauerkraut, lots and lots of desserts.

Umberto

I used three jars of smalls, but these smalls are huge. I'll get some mediums to panko fry for po'boys next week.

I was the only one to have a bowl so have plenty of soup for the next three days or so.

Oysters with their liquor, whole milk, butter, and pepper; needed salt at the table.

FullSizeRender2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

FullSizeRender-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I enjoyed leftovers at my neighbour friends, with a rousing game of Scrabble and chatter with the gals.

A bit of turkey, ham, broccoli and blue cheese casserole <-- That was to die for, yum yum!
Baileys Irish Cream over ice, for dessert. ;-)
'twasn't the short shot either. lol :brows:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Today is our grand daughter's fourth birthday, so we had dinner with her family. She was born ar 12:26 on 12-26 for those who remember back then.

I had enough leftover chicken Parmesan, sauce & salad from Christmas dinner, so we had a repeat performance and cleaned up all the leftovers. Alexa requested spaghetti for dinner, so her mommy boiled up some spaghetti and she was happy.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I need to go to the store, the last two days it's been picking at snacks and deli trays, and I need some real food.

Most of the family is down with the flu so I didn't see many family members so I had lots of leftover deli.

I need steak and taters. :hammer:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a can of Chef Boy Ar Dee "MINI RAVIOLI" tonight, followed by some Nutella on breaksticks and some watermelon. Full but not fullfilled. So I went back and sliced off some chunks of ham that the lovely Mrs Bob baked yesterday. Overfull, but still not fullfilled. Probably going back for more, at some point.

Tomorrow we are going to DITKA'S in Chicago. Not sure what I'm going to eat. Possibly the Rib-eye. Its my favorite cut of beef. But they have excellent Baby Back Ribs. Oh, and then there is the Chilean Sea Bass, my favorite fish to order at fine restaurants. Just going to wing it when I get there.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Shepard's Pie, homemade dinner rolls and tossed salad. Oh, and I washed it all down with a great big glass of 100% Whole Milk. I'll be 66 in a few days and Whole Milk ain't killed me yet. :yum:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Last night, homemade lasagna and french bread, tonight leftovers. :biggrin:

And I still love my whole milk at 60. :wow: