• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
As I've said in other threads in the past, I work in the social work field with foster children. It breaks my heart to see the effects that drugs and alcohol have on a person. To sit by and watch kids being raised in foster care because their parents main priority in life is alcohol just plain sucks. When I hear stories of children going days without food yet their parents put empty boxes of food packaging in the cupboards and empty containers in the fridge to give the appearance of there being food in the house just so they can justify using their last dollar to buy alcohol or pills, well, let's just say it pisses me off.

If you really feel you don't have a problem with alcohol Luvs, I propose a challenge. Try going 1 month without touching a drop. If you can manage that without being in a hospital or other facility and being around others who drink, then I will be more inclined to believe you when you say you don't have a problem with alcohol.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The frost came out the ground enough for tillage. Running two rigs in corn stalks as fast and hard as we can go. By late tommarrow it will be raining here, and Monday night changing to snow. Hump time..... Should had this done a month ago if the weather had cooperated back then. Pretty muddy in places still.

Regards, Kirk
Good luck with that. We still have about 6 inches of snow on the ground here. Amish boy came by and plowed my driveway for me yesterday since my truck and plow are still in the barn waiting to be fixed. Doc told me on Friday no work for a few days or I will start bleeding again. At least there will be some football later today!:clap:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i have not said i've not got a problem. i said, that is normalcy, here. i'm not making excuses. i drink. that is rather obvious.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Luvs,

I had a man who worked for me some years back. Good enough man he was...

Very thoughtfull, he kept a callender of his lifes events, and neve missed my daughters birthday ect...

Butthat callender also kept track of the failures in his life, and what his drinking ways had cost him. His marrage, the chance to have a family of his own, and a successfull carreer.. Those days he drank excessively for sure..

Pnuemonia set in, and he refused to take care of himself. One day I told him to go to the doctor, on his own, or I would take him by force if needed. He did, and never went home. He died 3 days later, and I lost a good friend, and worker because of his drinking. Not many days go bye that I don't think of Jack, and wonder if only I had made him go to the doctor a few weeks earlier. I regrett that..

People who care for you are the reason to dry out. They do not wish to see you end up like my friend Jack. You do this for them, as well as for yourself.

Nuff said...

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I went to the 7:30 Mass this morning.
Today is pink candle day in Advent.
Normally, I brunch at the diner after, but had breakfast with Santa this morning at the Knights of Columbus. :biggrin:
Pancakes and sausage.

Oh, and gas is down to $2.11 per gallon.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went to the 7:30 Mass this morning.
Today is pink candle day in Advent.
Normally, I brunch at the diner after, but had breakfast with Santa this morning at the Knights of Columbus. :biggrin:
Pancakes and sausage.

Oh, and gas is down to $2.11 per gallon.

:smile:
We skipped this morning's mass. Figured since we went last night(I played and sang at the service) that was alright.

Just the kiddies and I hanging out this weekend since the missus is out of town.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Benn shopping already, needed something for dinner tomorrow so I picked up a chuck roast at my favorite butcher shop. Had some toasted pita bread for breakfast, and will finish up my Christmas cards today. :clap:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Had a father and son day....went to fix the leaking shed it took 10 min to fix but done the man thing and made it last hours:yum::yum::yum:

Than we pulled out the dart board...in the shit now as we missed it :yum::yum::yum::yum:

made bacon sammys....done some gaming....talked sporting shit....just a real boys day.

I wish i had more days like this.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you burp, fart & consume non Mom approved food & drink? THAT'S the way to spend the day with your boy. Teach him manly habits he can carry through life and share with his future offspring.

Oh...don't forget to teach him the cramped finger pull trick. Classic! "Quick! Pull my finger." :yum::yum:

Galvatron

Did you burp, fart & consume non Mom approved food & drink? THAT'S the way to spend the day with your boy. Teach him manly habits he can carry through life and share with his future offspring.

Oh...don't forget to teach him the cramped finger pull trick. Classic! "Quick! Pull my finger." :yum::yum:

To be honest my son reminded me how hard it was to be young....he works hard to pay the bills and raise 2 young children and never moans on the outside but you can see on the inside it is a strain for him at times,he is so like his mom as in they share little emotion but you can see it in their eyes.

Pull my finger is old school for the little ones,once they passed the age of 2 it's game over these days:yum::yum::yum:

I look forward to this xmas,all my family at my house eating my food...don't get better than that.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
One of my retired nurse friends, Joanie, dropped by this evening to bring me a big plate of fresh made Christmas goodies.
Frosted tree sugar cookies, buckeyes, chocolate dipped pretzel sticks, peanut butter kiss cookies, peppermint candy cane bark and a mini loaf of banana bread on a snowman plate wrapped in red and gold reindeer cellophane.

Since I don't eat a lot of sweets, I had one tree cookie and a pretzel, kept the nanner bread, then re-gifted the rest to the young couple who moved in next door last summer. They were pleased.
:biggrin:

Galvatron

Had a mad spell last night,i thought it was time for my son and his family to have their first pet,so i went on the interweb and found them a puppy:yum::yum::yum:

Now i have to go shopping for food,basket,collar,lead ect as i am picking it up tomorrow,need to book it into vets for jabs and general check up.

My 3 year old Jack and 1 year old Faith will love it,i think all kids should have a dog as it gives them a sense of responsibility.

Now i just have to tell my son,or should i just turn up with it:whistling:

Need a name....i best stay away from that bit:yum::yum::yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pics of the pub er I meant pup but pics of both would be okay by me. :thumb:

One year I had nothing for my wifes bday. So I happened across an ad for a little kitty. Perfect i thought. I thought I got off easy. The perfect gift. HA. 9 years later and I'm still paying for that 'easy' bday gift. It never ends. Arrgggg. Won't make that mistake again. :yum:

Galvatron

only picture i have...its a small dog...king Charles spaniel....i have taken the option to name him to save debate time... his name is Foggy.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 79

Galvatron

well that plan all got screwed up....i was 30 min in to a drive to pick puppy up and the stupid woman text me to say it was no longer for sale as her friend wanted it...i wont say what i text back:doh:

Lucky i had a plan B, i contacted a breeder in London and they had 2 left,and the bonus is for £475 they are even going to deliver it to me later today,this thing even i would say is damn cute,a little girl,Leni is right it is not for me to name it,they just best not ask me to walk it if they name it something stupid :yum::yum::yum:

Only picture i have is this one.

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 64

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have to do my meals on wheels service today, I'm going to make the last batch of Christmas cookies, I've already paid a couple of bills and this afternoon I'm planning a short nap. :w00t2:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Right now I should be getting ready for work, instead of messing around on the internet. :yum::wow:

Bye bye.. until next time. :smile:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Changed a couple of ceiling fixtures and cut down two doors for a customer this morning. I have a "sponge" going and will be making whole wheat sandwich thins & a sandwich loaf this afternoon. Also fed my sourdough starter and started a rye starter for breads I will be making for Christmas eve and Christmas day meals. I'll be making Polish sourdough rye, egg bread & Italian baguettes for Christmas.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the new plugs spliced in on my plow and truck today. Had to use my plumbing torch to solder a broken wire and need to borrow a heat gun for the shrink tubes on the connectors. Next up is to work on the stoker on the coal stove. Probably rusted in place again. Too much moisture in the greenhouse.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Went for a 4 mile walk this morning at the mall (yeah, I'm officially a mall walker.:yum:), then to the store for eggs & seasoned bread crumbs. Lunch at the Chinese joint then home to cook. Just finished making 36 pieces of breaded chicken breast for Christmas dinner of Chicken Parmesan. The kitchen is all cleaned up and me & Mrs JEV are going OUT for dinner tonight. 2-1/2 hours of frying chicken & washing up everything is enough time in the kitchen for one day.

Just realized my unsociable insecurity check was direct deposited today. Bills are all paid, so it must mean it's time to go shopping for a toy for myself.:clap:Mrs JEV has a 30% off coupon from Kohl's, and I need a new watch. After losing 45# my watch spins around on my wrist, so it's time for a watch with an adjustable leather band.

Status
Not open for further replies.