• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2017

vintagebike

Little Ski Hill Help (and patience) Needed

I'm going to need help Cat Herding at the Little Ski Hill Thursday. It is the last session of the "After School Ski Program" and the kids will be there on the hill till about 5PM. So if you can get your rig up there and unloaded before 3 it will take some of the pressure off the parking lot and make things go more smoothly. We will then be unloading down slope after 5 and putting the trailers in the snowmobile/RV parking lot just a bit down Hwy 55. We can talk about it more Thursday morning and early afternoon at the Best Western gathering lot. The staff at Little Ski Hill is putting together a nice, reasonably priced dinner together just for us and the Snow Cat Golden Orange brew will be there on tap to help benefit the kids. :beer: Steve

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be in Wednesday night. How early can we get unloaded Thursday? Arriving late so I won't be up too early..but willing to help herd the cats..if they are herdable..

vintagebike

You can unload as early as you want and stage the cats but we won't be able to get on the hill till after all the kids are scooped up. I will get with the manager again tomorrow to confirm the timing.

tuckeredup

Confirming our participation in McCalling all Cats. We will be bringing Old 22, our 1977 Tucker 2741CF up from Boise. I am a rookie cat man so looking for lots of encouragement and guidance from you old time cat skinners.

album.php

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I should be into McCall Thursday before noon. Have nothing but time so can assist with whatever shuffling shuttling etc. Let me know!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
As the largest know mass migration of snow cats known to mankind is about to begin, please, everyone travel safe and enjoy the journey to McCalln' thank you to all of you for making the trip and hope everyone has a great time, and without you folks, there is no event, so, thank you !
Steve has put in countless hours to make this event a good one and I, would like to thank him for all his time and patience to make this happen. Please take a moment to thank him.

Sno-Surfer

Quick question, how's hwy 95 into McCall? Google says that's the shortest route but also give two other options.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: 95 vs 55

95 is usually clear of snow but boring while 55 is a spectacular drive up the Payette River canyon. Steve

And if you are into white water kayaking, N. Fork of this river is a fine ride. Don't know how much water this time of year and probably not too warm.

Attachments

• DSCN3238.jpg
    DSCN3238.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCN3239.jpg
    DSCN3239.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

vintagebike

Sunday lunch

We had not planned on providing a meal for the New Meadows ranch event but the new owner of the two Subway Sandwich shops in McCall and New Meadows is anxious to help with lunch on Sunday. They will prepare individual box lunches to order delivered to our event for a good price.- $6.00 or so. What do you think? I need to know by Wednesday so they can get the ingredients ordered. We can fill it out with locally bought dessert and drinks. Yes, Snow Cat Golden Orange will be there on tap. MVSC

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Sunday lunch

We had not planned on providing a meal for the New Meadows ranch event but the new owner of the two Subway Sandwich shops in McCall and New Meadows is anxious to help with lunch on Sunday. They will prepare individual box lunches to order delivered to our event for a good price.- $6.00 or so. What do you think? I need to know by Wednesday so they can get the ingredients ordered. We can fill it out with locally bought dessert and drinks. Yes, Snow Cat Golden Orange will be there on tap. MVSC

You know with a bunch of snow cats you can take a grill.... :whistling:

Nothing like a trail side lunch. We do that in Michigan at the Clowder. I always look forward to that. Bratt's and dogs, or what ever is handy..

But Subway is good to! :flowers:

Regards, Kirk

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
As the largest know mass migration of snow cats known to mankind is about to begin, please, everyone travel safe and enjoy the journey to McCalln' thank you to all of you for making the trip and hope everyone has a great time, and without you folks, there is no event, so, thank you !
Steve has put in countless hours to make this event a good one and I, would like to thank him for all his time and patience to make this happen. Please take a moment to thank him.

Thank You Steve for all of your efforts in making this a great gathering. I can't even begin to imagine all the planning and coordinating to put such a event together. So THANK YOU!! The subway box lunch would be great ,count my wife and I as a yes. We are good to go with whatever the decision is. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing some new country. Will be travelling with Tom and should be in McCall late Wednesday evening. One question?, Is there parking for a pickup and 25' gooseneck trailer near or at The Hunts Lodge? Thanks Kyle and Laurinda Conrad. :clap:

vintagebike

trailer space

The first two nights will be no problem. We will see how the town fills up and find you a an alternate, but nearby space if needed. The McCall police chief has offered to give "stern warnings" if they find problems.:brows: MVSC

Last edited:

vintagebike

contact number

Caters are starting to roll in. If you need to contact me send a private message and I can text you my number. Steve

vintagebike

there're Here

The first cats have arrived in McCall! Room to spare in McCall Aviation front lot. Please try to check in with their front desk if want you park there. MVSC

IMG_9181.jpg.

PJL

I am travelling vicariously with you all. And hoisting an imaginary stein of that Snowcat brew.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I followed one from Troutdale, OR East until I had to stop for fuel. Tried to get a pix of it going by the falls, but missed the shot.

Attachments

• Photo1077.jpg
    Photo1077.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 267

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting close. Made it to Colorado Idaho not
Far now. Might be the only ones flying ??

Carry on sno kittens check! See you tomorrow....

Attachments

• IMG_7355.jpg
    IMG_7355.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 262

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Just checked in at the Best Western Plus.. 970-261-3904 is how to reach me if necessary. See you at the hill tomorrow morning after breakfast and a quick re supply for forgotten items. Long day but so worth it. Thank you Steve. I'm in for a box lunch as well

Last edited:

vintagebike

If you are shopping at Ridleys the club has one of their cards that "should" get you their items on sale. Try 916-989-9731. McCall Vintage SnowCat Club is a Idaho non-profit corporation

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I followed one from Troutdale, OR East until I had to stop for fuel. Tried to get a pix of it going by the falls, but missed the shot.
have not met the owner.... have heard it is a fresh restoration out of ST.Helens, Oregon.... sure glad he is attending....

vintagebike

I will be at Best Western parking lot tomorrow morning at 9am to try to get us going in the same direction. Little Ski Hill unloading and parking is going to need some patience since it really is pretty little. If you are rolling in much later you could just head to the Hill- from McCall out Hwy 55 towards Hwy 95- just a bit past the top of the ridge and the Adams County line - it's on the left. Up from 55/95/New Meadows to the top of the ridge on the right. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Steve

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Thanks for all the updates and organization Steve. We will be there after breakfast and can assist with whatever is needed.