• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2017

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Marco put about 10 miles on again today, snow is getting deep dragging the diffs., but all went good and now it's snowing again!!

vintagebike

Just two weeks to go!:dancing: I understand there are a few rooms left at our hosts the Hunt Lodge and the Best Western if you are still on the fence. See you starting Thursday morning on the lot between the Best Western and ProBuild. If you arrive early let me know- might need help on some last minute Cat Mods. :hammer: MVSC

vintagebike

We need a drone and pilot for the Dawn Patrol. :fr2:

IMG_1123.JPG

vintagebike

Great. :biggrin: We can rig up an A/C charging system. Looks like a local pro videographer with hand held steadicam equipment will be here too. We really are planning a coffee table book so bring your good cameras with the wide angle and telephoto lenses. :bounce:

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
I will probably bring mine too but I have a habit of crashing, maybe I can get some pilot lessons from Tye one on

vintagebike

Head Count -McCallin' All Cats 2017

As of this last Friday we have 30 rooms filled at the Hunt Lodge and Best Western. There are a bunch more Forums members staying in other hotels and private homes plus some in RVs. There are also lots of folks with local cats , at least 10, and those traveling up from Boise. So the Pink Prognosticator says to expect 45-50 Snow Cats. I have a few to share if you are traveling catless or just "Bringing a trailer". :17875: Steve and MVSC

vintagebike

snow Cat brew

I visited the Salmon River Brewery in McCall today. Their Golden Ale base is in the vat with orange zest to be added tomorrow. "Snow Cat Golden Orange" will be in the kegs and ready to go in just a few days. :beer:

vintagebike

Re: McCallin' All Cats 2017 Schedule of Events

A bunch of folks have asked me to make this easier to find.:w00t2::w00t2:

These dates and times are all subject to change due to weather, not enough snow, too much snow and a whole bunch of other things my attorney warned me about. :smile: :neutral: :sad: :doh: We will soon be better able to judge just how many are attending and will then be able to fill in the info about food costs and such. We want to keep the quality high and the prices reasonable.

Thursday February 23- All morning and afternoon Check-In at the staging area next to Best Western Hotel for new info, stickers and signing of event release forms. As soon as possible and before 5PM- Transport Cats to Little Ski Hill, unload and park trailers in RV lot nearby. 5PM-9PM Welcome Party and the whole hill just for SnowCats

Friday February 24. Travel to Brundage Mountain Resort lower parking lot in the morning at your own pace and time. They are cutting trails, building challenges and making their private areas available to us. Skiing and boarding at reduced rates. We will be able to use a section of the upper lot to hold an informal "show and tell"
The Boise VA Hospital is hooking up with us and their adaptive skiing disabled veterans program so we can give them a taste of the "Snow Cat Life"

Friday Night February 24. We get together after 5 or so at Scott Anderson's (the event poster artist) C47/DC3 Dakota Park on Mission street for a party. Then we will be guests of the McCall Recreation and Parks Department to run our cats down to the next door RiverFront Park for a big bonfire, stargazing on a moonless night and listen to Cat Tall Tales by Jinn and Scott to celebrate our "Freezing Man" festival

Saturday February 25. Again at your own pace and time we are the guests of JugMountain Ranch for a "Mountain Brunch' of flapjacks, bacon, eggs, juice and coffee. We will then have the whole area to ourselves for acres of space and miles of varied trails.

Saturday Night. February 25. 6:30-9:00 or so. We are having a Mexican Buffet dinner at Pueblo Lindo on Hwy 55 just outside of town- we have reserved the whole restaurant for 100 of us. We have arranged to have a Skype link and a big screen TV for the re-creator of the Thiokol based Chariot from the 60's TV show "Lost in Space" to show off his work and give a talk from the shop about the build and what is planned for the future. Great for all us "kids". Take a look on eBay as "Lost in Space Chariot". Amazing amount of stuff there!:thewave:

Sunday February 26. The Low family from New Meadows is sharing their 500 acre cattle ranch with us for a day of open and forested trails. If the snow conditions co-operate we will be able to link into adjacent trails and head off in all directions.

Ask questions by posting. My fingers are getting tired. There are pictures of most of the areas in our previous postings. MVSC

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
One more quick question Mr. V Bike, are there fuel stations which sell non-ethanol gasoline in McCall? Out here it is illegal and immoral to run on the highway but OK in off road equipment. I can bring my own if necessary.

vintagebike

The Maverick station in town sells non-ethanol Idaho street legal gasoline as well as two other small independent stations.
Snowmobilers and boaters demand it. :hammer:

vintagebike

Technology tested

I got linked up with John Antonellis, the mastermind behind the Lost in Space Chariot/Thiokol re-creation, this morning to check out our Skype technology for his presentation during the Saturday dinner at Pueblo Lindo. He and two of his members will give us a great ,live show & tell from Boston, Mass. Here is a
screen shot from today's test. MVSC

IMG_9155.jpg

vintagebike

One more thing... McCallin' All Cats 2017

Took a short drive to New Meadows and our Sunday 500 acre ranch venue... looks spectacular with 5-6 more days of snow on the horizon. The first shot is looking up to Brundage Mountain, the site of Friday's event and a great chance to ski some of Idaho's best powder!:wow:
IMG_9151.jpg

IMG_9152.jpg

IMG_9153.jpg

IMG_9154.jpg

Sno-Surfer

Great job with all the events planned. I know everyone in my crew will enjoy the variety and kids (big and small) will love the lost in space cat Skype. I see in that last picture you even have a sno cat jump. I'm afraid to see who goes the farthest. :biggrin:

vintagebike

Like most everywhere west of the Rockies, it has been a bit above normal here in McCall the last week or so. But the forecast for the next 10 days shows cooling and light snow for most of the period. It is now snowing at the Brundage base. :flowers:

vintagebike

We hear Snow Cat Pat is on the fence about coming to McCall.:whistling: I'm thinking there are a few of us that would like some tips on keeping their Thiokols in top shape?:w00t2: VMSC

Snowcat Pat

Not so much on the fence but tangled in the barbed wire.

Thank you for the calling us even though you are busy, very kind of you.

I am hearing the McCall and I wish I still had my snowcat haul truck.

Now back to working yet another weekend, making the parts that help keep those Thiokols running. In The Snow!

-Pat

vintagebike

Because of the uncertainty :yum: in getting the required Idaho Out of State snowmobile permits to those of us that asked to have them mailed we have decided to keep them here and have them ready for those on the list starting this next Thursday.:brows: There will be more available for purchase too. MVSC

Mr.prez

On the road to McCall look forward to meeting everybody. It's going to be a great week four days of snowmobiling snow biking And Four days of Snow Cat