• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CA: Marijuana legalization goes up in smoke

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Who would have thunk it :wow:

Legalization of marijuana FAILED in California. Apparently the pot heads didn't get up their couches to go vote.

Marijuana Legalization Measure Loses in California

LOS ANGELES -- California voters weren't high on a ballot measure aimed at legalizing marijuana and appeared to heed warnings of legal chaos and a federal showdown when they defeated the initiative to make the state the first in the nation to allow the recreational use and sale of pot.​
Full story => http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/03/marijuana-legalization-measure-loses-california/

Glink

Site Supporter
Yes but the city of San Fransisco did pass a law banning happy meals. No toys in foods that "they" determine to be unhealthy.

We can all rest easy now.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
California has bigger issues now: Jerry Brown, and all the incumbents (Boxer, Pelosi) made it through. Business as usual in the land of labor unions. I hope everyone that voted for these clowns stays in that state and enjoys what they have brought on themselves.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
We've been bleeding out for a long time. I work for a company that probably made your microprocessor. Last Fab they built in Ca, was a research fab, not production. And that was years ago. All the Fabs are being built in business friendlier states, or overseas(Ireland, China ect...)

What kills me right now, is seeing the new Bay Bridge being built. It's built in China and shipped here. We, the US and Calif, are building the base foundation, but the bridge itself is being made 1/2 way across the world.

I wrote the bridge commission. They replied that they did not even get a US bid for it. Sad... It's one thing that a California company did not bid to build a bridge in their own state. But, they did not even get any submissions from companies in the US.

Part of it is the outsourcing. Part of it is the cost. A major chip manufacturer just built a new wafer fab in China. That fab would have cost an additional $billion here, just to build. Then there is the issue of supply. Like the bridge, most of the big steel is shut down in the US. The Pittsburgh Steelers should change their name; there is no steel in Pittsburgh any more. It is all overseas.

Can you say mass exodus of any job creating wealth?

Look at what has happened in New York...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Who would have thunk it :wow:

Legalization of marijuana FAILED in California. Apparently the pot heads didn't get up their couches to go vote.
Marijuana Legalization Measure Loses in California

Hey !! Thats a bull crap statement to make :hammer:. We were not staying on the couch ! We were at Taco Johns buying a dozen taco's for $2 . You guys think you know it all about California Pot heads .

Doodies and Food go together like Milk and Cookies :w00t2::whistling: Crap now I want a cookie ..............:shifty:

SShepherd

what the hell kind of food is in a dozen tacos' for $2 ???

chinese-restaurant-demotivational-p.jpg

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
So you've been to Sacramento and ate from one of the "Fresh Express" lunch wagons :whistling: Fresh Express, it goes thru you like an Express train.

Funny, those trucks always parked near Chucks(local porta-potty company).

Honestly though, ate from a few of those trucks when I did some construction work; food was suprisingly good...

it must go through a person like dirt through a worm:ermm:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
they should have had a bake sale at the poling places with free "BROWNIES" for the voters.

tom

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
53.9%-46.1% is hardly a resounding defeat especially for a low budget high profile campaign. I look for this initiative to be brought forth again and I suspect next time around, it will have more backing. The base will be galvanized by how close they came.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
53.9%-46.1% is hardly a resounding defeat especially for a low budget high profile campaign. I look for this initiative to be brought forth again and I suspect next time around, it will have more backing. The base will be galvanized by how close they came.

Since they re elected the same folks that got them into the financial mess the State is in now, I think they will be pretty broke by the next election...

Won't be able to afford to.:yum:

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Since they re elected the same folks that got them into the financial mess the State is in now, I think they will be pretty broke by the next election...

Won't be able to afford to.:yum:

and oh, the revenues to be gleaned from hemp.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
and oh, the revenues to be gleaned from hemp.

Right, 'cause we know those marijuana folks are so law abiding. I'm sure they will love paying taxes for their stuff. As soon as it becomes legal the gray market for un-taxed pot will be even bigger.

Think about it, pot is easy to grow and doesn't require the processing of alcohol or tobacco.

I'm skeptical of the tax revenues that the pot legalization folks claim.