• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1977 TUCKER T644 Snowcat (Not Mine!)

drscotch

Hmmm. Looks pretty good with all that fresh black paint. New belting. Is that rear deck and extension/customization? Any other thoughts or observations from the more experienced Tucker owners?

Thanks

teamster

If you look thru all the pictures on the Ritchie site the track belts are all worn were they flex around the backing plates. All the black paint is covering a lot of notches in the idler wheels and sprockets. When you click in on each photo things don't look as good. Just my thoughts:whistling:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
it looks used but I see a lot of life left in the belts and sprockets if there is a weakness one my have to replace a road wheel or too it's not a bad looking machine for one that has been used

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a 1544 one year older than this machine. If it had come with a blade I would still have it. Parts easy to come by,(basically a dodge from frame up),adequate power,and a hard to fine crew cab.

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Because it has two things I value in a snowcat (crew cab and a blade)somewhat rare in my experience,personally I would be willing to go in the high teens or more,realizing that you'll be putting more into it to make it as reliable as you need it to be. If it's for recreation,I no longer try to justify the price based on what I think I can sell it for later; anyway,it will be a fun project !

teamster

If you look on ritchie bros past selling you'll see that over a year ago they sold 2 of these in Prince George without blades for $7500 and $9500 in they're July sale. Personally anything that has been taken to a auction that has been "splashed" with black paint and has a dozer on it would require a lot of serious investigation before I would be willing to spend anymore than $10000 on it. If you phone Ritchie's they'll give you the sellers info, I'd give them a call if you're serious about it.

aksnocat

What I noticed was the Ritchie page says "A qualified Ritchie Bros. employee collected detailed equipment information and performed functional tests on the key components of this asset."

Kinda missed the first detail - that it's a 1644, not a t664.

And the black paint on the tracks and track carriers screams "we're covering up some problems"...

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Good info from teamster and aksnowcat,but if I had waited for the perfect cat at the perfect price,probably still be waiting.It will definitely have problems,all used cats seem to(probably why they are for sale!):biggrin: