• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1642 with extra cab Tucker for sale

teamster

Would someone please buy this as I "really" think I should have it. I found it online at equipsellsit.com. Click on "other" and you'll find it. The salesman "Richard" said it came from Snotrans and was used for cabin access. The gentleman that owned it passed away, he had 2. It has a 318 with automatic. I think it would be a "great" machine and $16500 isn't a bad price. :wow:

Attachments

• 187582_xlrg.jpg
    187582_xlrg.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 666
  • 187580_lrg.jpg
    187580_lrg.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 662

teamster

The manual transmission would defiantly be better for towing anything. Just because of the durability and direct drive..

Cltjones

I'm Grooming a summer road into Clearwater Lake to our Cabin will be carrying passengers and doing a bit of guiding. Kind of a taxi service into the Wells Gray Park. There aren't too many steep hills. Cheers Gord

teamster

I use to mechanic at the local Dodge dealer back in th 70's. I won't be afraid of the 727 automatic in this Tucker for 1 minute. We use to beef up the shift points in those transmissions for our 4x4's, plus we were pushing over 400 HP. With theses Tucker's being geared so low you'll never hurt that transmission in your application. I have a 1344 with the 4 speed standard. If I was 20 years younger my cat would have an automatic in it a week after I bought it. With the standard you have to start out in the gear your going to travel in because you can't shift fast enough without the machine coming to a stop. I really like this Tucker because the information I got on it isn't it came from Bill at Snotrans, the same place I got mine, and I believe it's a very good machine. If its still for sale in mid December, it'll be coming to Alberta. I already have approval from the " domestic management" but I really don't "need" it. I use to own a wide track Sprite, and there's no comparison in the way the Tucker and the Sprite drive and ride. The Sprite was a lot better in the deep snow than my little 1344 but this 1642 would be very good I think. We don't get much for snow were I'm at so that's one reason I don't "need" the 1642.