• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

imp, spryte, 2100 parts info sharing

mtbxdrew

In my endless search for 4T parts i posted a want add and came across a guy with imp, spryte and 2100 series parts, just wanted to pass along his info to help someone else out looking for parts

Lazslo
607-434-2163 M
607-326-3500 W
located in NY

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
How did your search on 4T parts go? I do have parts of a mold for a 4T sprocket
But not complete some is missing it could be redone. I would cast in polyurethane not rubber, but you needed the complete sprocket correct ?
We could also build the centers but at this time we are swamped on some big projects

mtbxdrew

How did your search on 4T parts go? I do have parts of a mold for a 4T sprocket
But not complete some is missing it could be redone. I would cast in polyurethane not rubber, but you needed the complete sprocket correct ?
We could also build the centers but at this time we are swamped on some big projects

im finding that there isnt much out there for 4T stuff and if there is no one wants to give it up, it is also 52 yrs old, im sure alot of it has been turned into kias or other Sbox cars. Im thinking of taking 1/2in belt material and trying to rivet it to my sprocket, cheapest place ive found is almost 1000 to have them coated and said if they are too far gone they wont do them. im not looking to do a full resto or correct resto, imho its too far gone for that, just wanted to have some fun with it before something major like the drives or PD dies

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, well, I will need some sprockets for mine some day so at some point I will recreate the wheel so to speak.

I think all the old ones got melted down and made into Fords cause they last so long:whistling:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The other option would be to create a whole new sprocket of this style really not that hard to do with the proper machine shop.

Cut center plate, cut outer uhmw build a sandwich.

Like I mentioned we can do it in our shops, just that we are way behind the eight ball
Right now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 185

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Busy with this kind of stuff
This is a large hydraulic cylinder assembly machine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 181

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
shouldn't have bounced your head you wouldn't have got so far behind of course what am I talking about I was in bed sick all day yesterday.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
its 9 above this morning I'm trying to get motivated to go out side and build a skid frame to mount a b-b cummins to. a guy works pretty hard to earn hid dough this time of year.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Curious, wonder what way would be the most affordable? CNC milling or 3-D metal printer or resin molding?

Polyurethane casting after you have the mold is the most reasonable, if needed and no mold is available then the CNC machining is most likely the best second choice. Or like you said if your cores are marginal recover with rubber bolt it on
And run it for now that was done on some of the very first cats and worked for a
Pretty long while