• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Still need a machine

yooper

someone must have a machine to sell me. something like a lmc 1500? I want to seat 4 to 6 people and plow a little snow, most for just having fun. I am a newbie so maybe I am looking for the wrong machine, I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks
Tom

undy

someone must have a machine to sell me.

Hi Tom,

Welcome!

You're right, someone does. That's a given. Questions are: Who, Where, How do you get ahold of them, and Is it a good thing or a bad thing.

From your previous post a week ago: I'm curious if your wife discovered that thread and whether your 15K$ budget has changed? Also, although you list 3 states as home, are you planning to keep the cat in just one place?

Having relatively recently gotten into this sport, here are some thoughts:

Seems to me that anyone who's dying to sell their snowcat at a killer deal has already offered it to their buddy. And it probably sold.:glare:

If it's someone looking to dump a money-pit on tracks, well, you don't want it anyway.:hammer:

For $15k, vintage will be your only choice. New is spendy.

If it'll stay in one place, then you can go wider than 8'.

If so, finding one there will save you trucking fees.

Craigslist is your friend for local. Search Tempest looks all over on C/L.

Some cats work better in one place or another (snow conditions). Knowing where it's going can help choose the right cat.

You own toys, you know to buy one that's turnkey.

Full cab cats are rare. Consider using a seating unit for the back or a trailer.

It's only been one week! Take your time to find the right cat (same for any "toy"). If you want to throw endless cash at it, you can certainly find one tomorrow. But a good, reliable cat can be found reasonably if you have patience.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tom,

Excellent advice above. Anyone new to the sport should read this.

Good luck on the search, but you really should be expecting to aquire one by next winter. It really does take time to find one that is available and isn't some thing you will regrett later. Be ware of sellers who cann't tell you much about their machine..

Good luck,

Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I cant remember if it was a 1800 0r sprite but there was a nice sounding machine in twin falls Idaho for sale it was a utility surplus and had a trailer with it for around the 18k mark.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
someone must have a machine to sell me. something like a lmc 1500? I want to seat 4 to 6 people and plow a little snow, most for just having fun. I am a newbie so maybe I am looking for the wrong machine, I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks
Tom

When I was in your shoes, the best thing I did was invite myself to a fellow forum members house and tried one on.....

I had *always wanted one* but I did not know what one was. going over the snow seemed simple enough but the machines are purpose built and they excel at what they are designed for.

I am putting a fleet together to try to treat the symptoms of the disease. good luck.