• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1202 Spryte for sale-needs some love...CO

R

Reddog

Helping a customer sell his modified 1202. Serial number in the 770 range. Still has a 4 door cab, but has been modded into a "extra cab" to make more bed space. 4 speed manual, hydraulics F&R. Belting is functional but weak, 2 tires not holding air, the rest are weatherchecked. Seats are worn. Gas in tank is varnished and brakes are not working. :sad:
On the plus side, the cat was operating and driven in a barn about 8 years ago. Cab is overall pretty good shape, no rust anywhere. I could clean the carb and get it to run if someone was really interested, but i am sure it will run and function (less brakes).
Don't really know where to start this at, but I'll stick my neck out at 7500. Trailer is available also for 2950.00.

Located in Gunnison, Colorado.

If i am WAAAAYYYY out of line and you want it, let me know. It is going to be sold, so I guess the market will set the value...Thanks for looking!

P1060206.JPG

P1060207.JPG

P1060208.JPG

P1060209.JPG

P1060210.JPG

P1060211.JPG

P1060212.JPG

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
some one want to tell me what kind of diff is in the rear of that it's not an oc-12 also doug give me a call some time I would love to chat for a minute some time.

ps be persistent my company phone went down I have it set to forward to another number. and it doesn't always work

R

Reddog

Looks like an OC-4 to me. not a 2 speed. Don, I lost your #, PM it to me.

R

Reddog

Correction: I give up, looks like a straight axle OC-12, as in this pic:

foster_rebuilt_OC12_07sep18_800.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
it's a straight drive the case looks like welded together plate like a bombardier housing

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This would have been a great start for nixsons project.

Straight axle 12 is a nice diff to have.

what motor?

R

Reddog

Ford Industrial 6, pretty narrow valve cover, appears to have the intake as part of the head and it is on the LH side of the engine. I think that makes it a 200.

R

Reddog

Hey Beartooth, called and left a message. Thanks for the interest!

R

Reddog

Hartshaven,
PMed ya with contact info. Thanks for the interest!

R

Reddog

Correction, the intake is on the RH side of the engine if you are sitting in the driver seat.
Currently in the process of cleaning the carb to get it running and attempting to rebuild brake master cylinders. hopefully it will be running and moving by the weekend. Stay tuned!

R

Reddog

Now Running!

Cleaned the carb and replaced the fuel filter and now running. Sounds pretty darn good too!

R

Reddog

So I rigged an electric fuel pump (the OE one not pumping) and let her run a while. Sounds REALLY good, nice and smooth. I got the LH steering brake to pump up and backed it off the trailer. Moves forward and backward and the clutch engages nice and smooth. Looking more and more like a great rig for someone...

R

Reddog

Brakes on both sides now working. Had to adjust RH side significantly more the LH side. Machine does come with another set of brake bands (look good) and several MC and SC rebuild kits. Some complete, some not and 3 additional MC's for rebuilding as well as a couple SC's.

R

Reddog

Still for sale and snow is falling. Let me know if you can use it!

R

Reddog

Still available, I'll call a little later today. Thanks for the interest! :clap:

R

Reddog

Update:
I was talking to the owner the other day and mentioned hours. He told me the engine had a complete rebuild (bored, pistons, rings, bearing, etc.) 2 seasons before they parked it. He estimates it has 50-100 hours on the engine and clutch. I can believe it the way it runs.
Things at the shop are slowing a little and I may pull the fuel tank for cleaning and install a electric fuel pump. I feel with these repairs, the rig should be able to be used as-is this winter and be ready for additional repair/restoration this upcoming summer.
Trailer is still available. Thanks for looking!

monkeyboy

It is now in Utah and I am really excited about getting this nice machine back in service, it shouldn't take much. Thanks again Doug.

R

Reddog

Thank you Jeff, glad you guys made it home safe and sound!
I think you scooped the rest of the gang on this one. Please post pics as your project progresses!