• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The whole first floor is disrupted while I paint the woodwork, so we just had toasted ham & cheese sammies on whole wheat, with some Italian wedding Soup left over from Monday's staff meeting at DW's work.
Attached Images
attachment.php

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I made a pot of chicken soup, I have a bad cold and thought chicken soup would help me out. I wasn't impressed with my soup, but then I can't smell or taste anything. :sad:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
cold spaghetti/meatballs that i opened w/ a bottle opener (can openers & myself, we prefer to not be pals) & multi-grain cheerios, rice krispies, & organic horizons milk. one of those nights, tonite.
then a few drafts.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I made a pot of chicken soup, I have a bad cold and thought chicken soup would help me out. I wasn't impressed with my soup, but then I can't smell or taste anything. :sad:
It's a bitch wasting good food on a cold where you can't smell or taste. FWIW, next time you make scratch chicken soup, add some soup base to kick up the flavor. These genetically raised chickens have about as much good taste as a liberal heckler at and GOP rally.:brows:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my nurse & me went to market district & got samples. then i went to a bar. got bribed to bring my beloved bartender her faves food-wise in exchange fer shots.
a guy i know offered to take me to a concert. we shall see on that one. see if they have foodstuff & alcohol.

Umberto

fired up the grill since it's not raining, baking some fries, brocholitini is on the hob, and salade on the side

a 2002 Porteous Cab Reserve is the wine

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
meatball hoagie (or a piece of one, anyhow- they make 'em as food ought be made- plentiful! i have half in my fridge.), then i went on a pantry & fridge dive. pasta, deli meats, cheese, alcohol, & early on, a few foam cups of multi-grain cheerios & a cup-ful of rice krispies w/ organic horizions milk. my finger is broken, so i cannot cook fer chit fer now. sour candy of 2 sorts fer dessert, too.
&, my nurse & i got many a sample while we got groceries earlier, too.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i have reverted to my old habit of pairing various items. tonite was soup, pasta, a few slices of deli meats, coleslaw, & pabst. & a slice of a meatball, too. i make teensy amounts. i'll make a snack later on, as well.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Riblets, broccolislaw and B-size redskins pan fried in bacon grease & herbs de Joseph. :brows:

Attachments

• Dinner 011815.jpg
    Dinner 011815.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 101

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
On Sunday I made chicken noodle soup for DW for an appreciation luncheon today at her work, and she brought the leftover home tonight. Added a couple toasted ham-n-cheese sammies and we called it dinner.

This afternoon I made 4 dozen Sweet Potato & Mascarpone ravioli, and 6 dozen 4-cheese ravioli for our son's birthday dinner on Saturday. All were frozen then bagged for Saturday.

Sorry, too much flour all over to bring out the camera.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Friends coming over so we made our crock pot beef stew, homemade rolls and as part of the appetizers, homemade potato chips with homemade Garlic, Tomato and Basil dip.

2015-01-23 17.24.00.jpg

2015-01-23 17.23.19.jpg

2015-01-23 17.23.37.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Double play yesterday and again today. Vegetable turkey meat loaf. Only difference is tonight I steamed broccoli & cauliflower instead of green beans tossed in buttered Italian bread crumbs. left the skin on the taters, because we love them that way.

Attachments

• Dinner 012215.jpg
    Dinner 012215.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 72

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Double play yesterday and again today. Vegetable turkey meat loaf. Only difference is tonight I steamed broccoli & cauliflower instead of green beans tossed in buttered Italian bread crumbs. left the skin on the taters, because we love them that way.

There is no such thing as bad meat loaf. Eat it hot, cold, in a sandwich doesn't matter. :biggrin:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to Chicago and had my wife's birthday dinner. Her Birthday is tomorrow but I'll be at a fencing competition all day and into the late evening before I get home.

Started out with some grilled octopus served over a boiled fingerling potato salad.
Then some Squid/Mussels/Clams served over toasted rice sized noodles. (don't recall the special name of the noodle).
Finally some fluke baked in a bag with fennel, white beans and a garlic butter.
Each course had its own wine, but honestly I'm not really a wine guy, could have lived without any of that.

Then we walked into the kitchen and got a little cooking lesson from the chef and the fish monger, got to try some boiled octopus in there, and discussed cleaning fish, squid, etc with the fish monger. Was a nice evening.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
we were given a cheese plate, via bartender, & i drank a few (5) drafts. got so slippy via snow that bartender made me dial her once i got in. i was thinkin' sno-cones- until i thought of how non-pristine city pavement is & how many shoes, boots, dogs, & 'at have gone over that snow. soup for me fer my dinner. (my wake-snooze times aren't normal.)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Baked bbq'd chicken legs (2), rice pilaf and green beans for dinner last night (at work).
No idea what I'll have this evening.
Might go out with some friends if I can arrange it.
Steak sounds good.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Pork chop, roasted balsamic & Parmesan cauliflower, twice baked potato & tossed salad. The cauliflower was DW's idea, and it was just OK...nothing to write home about. Not something I'll waste cauliflower on again. (Don't tell Mama...shhhhh...)
Attached Images
attachment.php

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
For Breakfast a no crust Quiche with spinach, ham & bacon.

View attachment 76307
I believe that is also called a breakfast strata or a fritatta in Italian. Real men don't eat quiche, but we'll eat an egg pie all day long. :yum: I make these with all veggies quite often for my breakfast. Low calories, high nutrition, and damn tasty. below are some of the ingredients I use for mine.

Last night we cleaned up the leftover turkey meatloaf that Mama made on Saturday. I smothered mine in ketchup and hot sauce. Mmmmmmm...

Attachments

• Dinner 020115.jpg
    Dinner 020115.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 43
  • veggies for omelet 122114.jpg
    veggies for omelet 122114.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 40

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
blake is on his way over. seeing if he can have his cabbie take him to get fast food; have not gotten that in awhile- KFC or pizza.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to crumble leftover burgers from yesterday in some brown gravy, with macaroni, onion, mushrooms and whatever, and call it dinner.