• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A car for Valentine's Day for my wife

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just bought a 2015 Audi A3 convertible for my wife. Its a used car, but only 11,000 miles. Got a really good deal. Checked the "true car" website, it says I got the car for nearly $5000 below the market value ... so I'm happy with that. Had to drive up to the near north side of Chicago to make the deal but all the other dealers had similar cars/similar mileage at much higher prices. It was worth the drive. It comes with an Audi "certified" 100,000 mile warranty, I'm sure that doesn't cover a lot of stuff but it covers a good bit and is valid at all Audi dealerships.

The dealer agreed to deliver to my driveway on Tuesday (Valentine's Day :in_love: ) before 2pm. Now I have to find a big red bow to put on it.

Its small, back seat is suitable for a child. But I think she will like it. Has lots of options, its got a Premium Plus package, Navigation, power everything, parking sensors (which seems like a silly option on a small car) but I would have preferred it have a more 'fun' color. Red, bright blue, yellow, green ... pretty much anything other than white :doh:

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 144

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Can't beat German engineering. That is a nice looking car. Mother should be thrilled with that.

Funny Audi story. A number of years ago trying out a low mileage A5 I really liked. I went through the car with a fine tooth comb. Driving back to the dealership to close the deal I make the comment to my wife that this is a wonderful car and I could not find anything wrong with it. My wife responds with neither can I except the steering wheel is upside down. Ooops! While looking for everything hidden I totally missed the one obvious thing directly in front of me. LMAO. I did not buy the A5.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very NICE!!!!! Do you think she'll let you drive it?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet!
Don't forget to have a dozen red roses and a box of Godiva chocolates on the seat as well.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
....and my wife is just getting some flowers and a card. :ermm::shifty::neutral::sad: No chocolates. We're both trying to get down to our fighting weights. LOL.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Shit man. Now how the heck are the rest of us men going to keep up with that?

My wife is getting the pleasure of waiting on my every demand for the next four weeks. Thats her Valentine's day present. Actually. Come to think of it, she just got her Yukon last week. Thats her present. Lol

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Shit man. Now how the heck are the rest of us men going to keep up with that?

Darn right!!!! Ol' Melsdad sure makes it tough on the rest of us.

My wife will probably get the same as last year ... and she'll probably give me the same as last year.

I did take her to a Velentine's Day dinner and dance and actually danced with her. :yum: That's got to count for something.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well now I have problems.

Seems I have a new car for the wife but the state will not issue me a license plate for the car!

This car was a lease car. Technically the 1st owner was VW Credit. VW Credit sold the car to the dealership in Chicago at the end of the lease. #1 - When that transaction occurred nobody at the dealership physically signed the title. They 'stamped' it with a name. State of Indiana will not accept that. #2 - There is no Odometer Statement from that transaction showing the odometer reading at the time VW Credit sold the car to the dealership.

I presume #1 problem can be easily resolved.

But the Illinois dealership says there is never an Odometer statement created when they take back a lease vehicle for sale. So they are confused about what my state requires.

To screw things up even worse, the BMV gave me the WRONG number for the dealership to FAX documents to yesterday so anything the dealership tried to FAX over yesterday is in some other office on their FAX machine???

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Well now I have problems.

Seems I have a new car for the wife but the state will not issue me a license plate for the car!

This car was a lease car. Technically the 1st owner was VW Credit. VW Credit sold the car to the dealership in Chicago at the end of the lease. #1 - When that transaction occurred nobody at the dealership physically signed the title. They 'stamped' it with a name. State of Indiana will not accept that. #2 - There is no Odometer Statement from that transaction showing the odometer reading at the time VW Credit sold the car to the dealership.

I presume #1 problem can be easily resolved.

But the Illinois dealership says there is never an Odometer statement created when they take back a lease vehicle for sale. So they are confused about what my state requires.

To screw things up even worse, the BMV gave me the WRONG number for the dealership to FAX documents to yesterday so anything the dealership tried to FAX over yesterday is in some other office on their FAX machine???

Some states have a place on the title for the odometer mileage statement info. If you do not have that then I would assume a notarized statement by the dealership principle with current mileage when you purchased the vehicle along with possibly the signature of the lessee would be what is needed by the state of Indiana.

WY is tough on the info also for titling used vehicles in state. When we purchase a vehicle from out of state we must a have a law enforcement VIN inspection by a Wyoming LEO with a statement of inspection for the DMV to get plates. The odometer info is on the title but it also is good to put it on the bill of sale on any vehicle you buy or sell. Proof of insurance is also needed by the DMV for plates. It is a run around each time to get the info gathered up for license plates and titling in WY.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like IN and WY are similar.

Out of state vehicles have to have the VIN confirmed by law enforcement or BMV too.

Looks like the dealership is being responsive, but damn!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Man, you'd think they'd be used to selling to out of state customers with IN and Wi so close by. Pretty lame of them.

OH is the same in that out of state titles have to have the VIN verified by law enforcement or by someone authorized at the BMV. In the last couple years I've had a boat and a car from MI and they really made it easy to get the VIN checked at the same place where I get the title. Then I go across the hall to get the license. Thankfully the title / bill of sale does not even need notarized like they used to. That was just a racket and I'm glad they quit requiring that. WV on the other hand is even worse to xfer a car into. I've heard horror stories from co workers that bought an OH or PA vehicle but could not get it titled for months due to hang ups.

Good luck getting yours straightened out Bob. The dealership is lucky you are happy with the car or they would have to take it back if you pushed it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
FWIW, the sales rep emailed me shortly after noon (she starts at noon) and confirmed that everything is being FedEx'd to me, including a dealer plate that I can use for as long as it takes to resolve this . . . so I'm wondering if I can use it forever and never plate the car :whistling:

For me, having to deal with the DMV is right in line with getting a colonoscopy.

Indiana BMV was actually overhauled about a decade or more ago and generally is very service oriented and very good. Usually in & out, usually treated with respect, etc. Honestly when they overhauled it they must have put in incentives for speed & courtesy. Also typically knowledgeable about the procedures. Honestly from the time I pull into the parking lot to the time I leave it usually takes less than 20 or 30 minutes. And 90+% of the time the issue I went in there for is resolved, be it renewing something, getting something new, etc.

BUT yesterday the lady seemed to be somewhat less knowledgeable and gave me the wrong FAX number, didn't notice the title error, etc.

I've only had 1 prior problem at the Indiana BMV (since the overhaul) and that was when I took my daughter in for her 'learners permit' when she was 15 (so that was 7 years ago). I presented my carry license as a form of ID (required to show 2 forms of ID if you bring in a minor and are willing to sign an affidavit of their ID) and I immediately got attitude from the clerk who would not accept it. Prior to going in I checked the BMV website and it specifically listed the carry license as valid for proof of ID for this purpose :hammer: Asked for a supervisor, who just happened to be within earshot and he walked over, corrected her IMMEDIATELY and stood there the remainder of the time I was there to make sure I got no more lip from the obviously anti-gun clerk :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
FWIW, the sales rep emailed me shortly after noon (she starts at noon) and confirmed that everything is being FedEx'd to me, including a dealer plate that I can use for as long as it takes to resolve this . . . so I'm wondering if I can use it forever and never plate the car :whistling:

Jeez, can't complain about that. I would learn to fall in love with that plate real quick. :yum: