• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big blizzard of Chicago missed us. We have a little slush on the pavement. Grass & trees are snow covered. There is a foot of snow on the ground 90 miles northwest of us. Pretty much nothing here. We have had the power go out at least a half dozen times but never long enough for the generator to start up. Looks like I'll be resetting all the digital clocks.

Planning to guest coach at Homewood-Flossmoor HS this afternoon to beat their kids with sabers. They asked, I answered. Supposed to share a ride with my Lowell HS co-coach. We will see if the crappy roads change the plans. Apparently the roads are ice and more of a mess to the northwest, which is the direction of my intended travel. I suspect they will be fine by 3pm when we would leave.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just came back in the house. Took the Caterpillar and the disc ripper to the field and the ground is to frozen. I don't want to break the gangs of the disc, so I quit. Yesterday it was working well. I should have gone back out after dinner last night, but I had 9 hours in the seat, and figured I would finish the field I am in this morning. Not looking like that will happen as we don't look like we will get above freezing this week..

No snow at all here. All of it was South of Des Moines, and lots of it from what I hear on the news.

At 15 degrees, nothing diesel powered that is not plugged in will start well. It is supposed to get up to 25 today. Maybe I will start to put machinery away when it warms up a bit..

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely missus is off today. We had an appointment with our adoption worker this morning to get the ball rolling to adopt our foster daughter. Afterwards we headed out to pick up the pot set I ordered online. Nice set but the pots are too small for our family so they will be returned tomorrow as my legs have decided they had enough today and no longer want to work. If this is a sign of things to come, I'll be in a wheelchair in about 5 years.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning from beautiful West Sunbury ! So far ,the coffee is good , wood stove is warm . Gotta visit the parts folks this morning . Should ba able to turn out 3 of the seven saws that showed up this weekend . Other than that , nothing . . .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Off to the gym soon. Hopefully my legs hold out. Been having problems for a couple weeks now with severe Charlie horses in my calves along with no feeling in my feet. It's all nerve related. And it's getting worse. One day I can walk without a cane then without warning, it's like someone flipped a switch and shut down my legs. I can be halfway through a store walking fine and within 10 steps lose all strength in my legs.

Today's plan after the gym is to take the truck for an oil change.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy Northernredneck,
hope you get those legs working soon and wish a speedy and permanent wellness!!! Have a goodun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What Ross said.

Today slowly begins the holiday bake-a-thon, then storing them in the freezer until close to Christmas.

Working tonight. I'll take some samples along.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
me sipping & looking @ all those presents i've got to wrap, got my babs, my meower, stealing/hiding my pork rinds under furniture-- i luv pork rinds-- apparently, babs luvs them, too--
staring @ gifts, wrapping items, & having slight yet intermittent constrictions of my cardio implements-- my PCP has gotten notification-- suffice to say, i could use a nap--

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been on the go since 6am. Kids to school. Took one of the kiddies to get braces installed. Dropped her off at school. Now waiting for a lower ball joint to get changed on the truck. Then another appointment this afternoon for another one of the kids. Followed by supper and another appointment after. Typical day for me. Chasing appointments.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Gonna go visit the Friday morning meeting of the West Sunbury Liars club . The it’s off to get some fuel . I also need to get some pieces parts for what was a brand new husqvarna 465 that the owner parked a large tree on . Some folks just can’t have nice stuff !:hammer: :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good foggy morning from Napoli!
Working tonight, have the weekend off and considering a trip to the burgh.
Hear that Aubs? Lol

20181130_081454.jpg

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy P.G.,
just wondering if you have ever been to Mt. Vernon, Ohio? I spent a year there back in the 90s. It was a nice little town and was beautiful in the fall with all the maple trees in color. Only problem was it was snowing when I got there in March and it was snowing when I left in Dec. Us folks from Texas are allergic to snow!!!! Have a goodun!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Have a good trip.

We're also going on a trip. Shhhhh. It's a surprise for the kids. They have no clue. We're going to Duluth Minnesota tomorrow morning for a couple nights. Staying in a suite room big enough for the 9 of us. Indoor waterpark. We'll take in the bentleyville light show and the aquarium. Sort of a mini vacation in lieu of a whole crap load of presents under the tree. The kids will still get presents for Christmas. Just not as many.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
went to bar, drank; saw a game 'loss'-- i'm gonna say they're wrong & that my team, we won~~

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Hoping some pieces parts show up today ,so that I can clear my bench .
If not ,and the weather holds , I may do this ...21783D68-53D5-4D3E-8D77-CE4585C2975C.gif
Or this ...BACF29D9-6C80-470A-95FC-815CACA56715.jpeg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
appeasing my Mom to get to my doctor-- she forewent her conference call mtg. 4 me-- Bless that Mom; luv her~~

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing.

Everyone showed up for work today. On a MONDAY!

My only task will be to find out what planets are out of alignment in the universe because SOMETHING is amiss here.:bolt:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hanging out at the hotel this morning letting the kids swim. Off to an aquarium this afternoon then a HUGE outdoor Christmas light show. Followed by supper at perkins.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Cleaned the wood burning appliances, then took about a dozen old paint cans and some old florescent tubes to the solid waste center. Now, getting ready to bake an Apple Pie.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's called trying to raise some $$$$$ for Christmas.

Actually yes,,,; and no.

We had an employee who was mostly a nice kid, but lost his temper once and a while. He also missed Mondays regularly.

Last Friday he got mad over his paycheck. Seems if you miss a day before a Holiday you don't get Holiday pay. With that outburst, and his Monday attendance record, I fired his butt.

Everyone showed up today. Coincidence, maybe.

We also had the best production day in over two years.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm baaaaack!
I was staying near the Carnegie Mellon university.
We ate like pigs lol
-Ruth's Chris -killer filet with THE wonderful creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin.
-Mineo's pizza- wonderful!
-Primanti Brothers -pastrami and cheese. Omg!
-Pierogies at the Polish deli on the strip.
-Deluca's diner (20 minute wait line outside the door)
-Burgatory! great burgers and shakes.
I know I'll show a weight gain next week, but... whatever.

We didn't cook at all, except for baking M&M /pretzel Christmas cookies with Kasey.

Got a few pics of the trip, that believe it or not didn't include the food journey.
I've photos of moments at the house with future DIL making Gluhwein with Cabernet Sauvignon, Grandie and birds helping put up the tree. Yes,the parakeets came along!

Those have been posted on Facebook.
I now know why my son is so taken with Pittsburgh.
Theeee End!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm baaaaack!
I was staying near the Carnegie Mellon university.
We ate like pigs lol
-Ruth's Chris -killer filet with THE wonderful creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin.
-Mineo's pizza- wonderful!
-Primanti Brothers -pastrami and cheese. Omg!
-Pierogies at the Polish deli on the strip.
-Deluca's diner (20 minute wait line outside the door)
-Burgatory! great burgers and shakes.
I know I'll show a weight gain next week, but... whatever.

We didn't cook at all, except for baking M&M /pretzel Christmas cookies with Kasey.

Got a few pics of the trip, that believe it or not didn't include the food journey.
I've photos of moments at the house with future DIL making Gluhwein with Cabernet Sauvignon, Grandie and birds helping put up the tree. Yes,the parakeets came along!

Those have been posted on Facebook.
I now know why my son is so taken with Pittsburgh.
Theeee End!

I am available for adoption.:wink:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad you had a good visit Lollie and glad you are back. :thumb: Sounds like you had a great time. I enjoy visiting that area when I can. I love coming out of the tunnel where you can see the downtown, the bridges and river. So kewl / beautiful.

I finished up Christmas lights today. LED spotlights with wreaths on windows and a couple of the multiple red and green moving points of lite on the pole barn. No ladders to climb or lights to string. Easy peezy. I would have finished Saturday when it was nice if I had all the light fixtures and LED lights that I needed. A trip to Lowes today took care of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.