• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just Plain MAD!!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
:furious::furious::furious::furious:Ever have one of those days ??? You know you are pissed off, before you even get outta bed ?

I had that for the last three days . I so desperately wanted to blame someone or something for the problems on my Trailer wiring and Braking system . I blamed the trailer manufacture . I blamed the Ford Truck . I blamed the Napa trailer adapter . Hell I even blamed a couple of drivers that passed me and honked their horns to alert me to the fact that my trailer lights were not working !!!

So.... Pissed off and mad as hell, I headed to Auto Zone to buy new trailer wiring , a new pigtail and anything and everything I could think of to fix my problem . I think I may have secretly even been hoping to catch a little old lady in the cross walk ,I was so pissed off .

$146 bucks later , I had my new parts . I Even Bought some of those super duper bright headlight bulbs so I can fry moths at 200 yards and blind the oncomming drivers for a week .

So still thinking I have a major truck problem with the factory trailer brake system , I start going over everything piece by piece . I find it under the hood . A 2nd fuse box . Not good !!! All the fuses look good, but I am still pissed so I start checking each fuse with a meter , Sure as SHIT !!! The 3rd fuse i check is blown , but to look at it , the fuse appears to be good . I replace it , unhook the trailer connection, from the trailer and try it . SOB!!!! Now I got trailer lites all the way to the trailer connector in back . The brake controller is now working too . Well... I am feeling a little better . Really can't blame Ford for a blown fuse .:unsure:

Now I get after the trailer . All the wires are ran in conduit . The trailer guy really did a good job . I can't bitch about his work . The ice hanging on the wiring where it exited the conduit was so thick and heavy it rubbed the plastic coating off wires causing them to short out :doh:.I find 3 places that wires are rubbed raw . No more wire connectors for me . I solder every joint or connection :clap:. I wire tie the whole system soooo much that a explosion could not get those wires to break free again .

I guess it was " Mother nature that kicked my ass on this trip along with my own stupidty .

Ok . Now I get to ask the Good Lord for forgiveness .

I should have cooled down and realized the conditions I was driving in were about as bad as it could get. I should have checked for ice on the wires and I did not do that :doh::sad:. I checked my load many times but spaced out on checking the wiring . It will not happen again .

SShepherd

Al, I'm noticing a trend......

you've started a disproportinate ammount of threads here to your posts in the rest of the forum lately.

Something else goin on yer really bugged about? How's the diet?
Your testosterone levels been checked?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, I'm noticing a trend......

you've started a disproportinate ammount of threads here to your posts in the rest of the forum lately.

Something else goin on yer really bugged about? How's the diet?
Your testosterone levels been checked?

Nope !:unsure: Everything is fine . Fu*k you ........:yum:.

Seriously , Just getting kinda tired lately and I need to slow down and start thinking a little more . I can be kinda hard on myself when I do stupid things and lately I been doin that "real well" !!!

Besides that , we needs 100 Rants in this section to win !!!:wow:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, we need the rants posts or else the ham radio forum will kick yer butt. :yum: It's a race. :thumb:

Al, I do believe that has happened to all of us. Calm down, take a few deep breaths and take some of that Dr. Rum medicine. I'm sure you'll feel better. :D

Are you in Idaho now?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Your trailer trouble ain't no worse than my freezer troubles. I forgot about this section. Why don't you move my post over here!:whistling:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah, we need the rants posts or else the ham radio forum will kick yer butt. :yum: It's a race. :thumb:

Al, I do believe that has happened to all of us. Calm down, take a few deep breaths and take some of that Dr. Rum medicine. I'm sure you'll feel better. :D

Are you in Idaho now?

I came into California yesterday . I can't wait to get outta here for good . Everytime I cross that state line into California I get mad . Everybody is just so stressed out around here .

:sad:My jaw is sore from gritting my teeth today ......no kidding :sad:

Last edited:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Al: Simple answer:

1. Just go to Idaho
  2. Leave all your crap in California
  3. Have an auction there
  4. Have them send you a check
  5. Buy new crap in Idaho
  6. Live happily ever after

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al: Simple answer:

1. Just go to Idaho
  2. Leave all your crap in California
  3. Have an auction there
  4. Have them send you a check
  5. Buy new crap in Idaho
  6. Live happily ever after

I honestly believe you may be right .

I spent about 2 hours today trying to find someone that would pickup a cargo container and haul it to Elk City . I could move it all in one load . No Luck so far . Any one know anybody doing this !!???

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Al aer you ever happy god i'm afraid of even giving you a bad time about your kurusty you may show up on my door step with a shot gun demanding waffles

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al aer you ever happy god i'm afraid of even giving you a bad time about your kurusty you may show up on my door step with a shot gun demanding waffles

I am actually a happy guy and will kick anyones's ass who says I am not !:whistling:

Its just time for me to move on . I just don't understand people anymore . Always in a rush . Always trying to screw their neighbor . I just need the simple life . Am I running away ?????

Yea .... I guess I am :clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Relax buddy! It is just stuff and stuff can be fixed or replaced.:flowers:

Attachments

• Relax.gif
    Relax.gif
    245 KB · Views: 177

SShepherd

I am actually a happy guy and will kick anyones's ass who says I am not !:whistling:

Its just time for me to move on . I just don't understand people anymore . Always in a rush . Always trying to screw their neighbor . I just need the simple life . Am I running away ?????

Thats California for ya:glare:

loboloco

I honestly believe you may be right .

I spent about 2 hours today trying to find someone that would pickup a cargo container and haul it to Elk City . I could move it all in one load . No Luck so far . Any one know anybody doing this !!???

Al, there is a national company called PODS that bring a container to your house, gives you time to load it and then will move it. Have no iea on cost though. Another thought, if you can't find a container, see of you can locate a trucker with an idle trailer, rent it, and get him to haul it up.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, there is a national company called PODS that bring a container to your house, gives you time to load it and then will move it. Have no iea on cost though. Another thought, if you can't find a container, see of you can locate a trucker with an idle trailer, rent it, and get him to haul it up.

I been checkin that too . So far no luck . The Pods are too small . I think my best bet may be to buy a cargo container and have it shiped up .

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter

and that's why i live where i do a little slower pace

snow dog

Al, there a national moving company which bring a large truck to your house, fills it with your stuff, then trucks it to your new place and un-loads it for you. Mayflower Moving Co. NO hassle no stress

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, there a national moving company which bring a large truck to your house, fills it with your stuff, then trucks it to your new place and un-loads it for you. Mayflower Moving Co. NO hassle no stress

OK .... And since they can't get a semi truck and trailer to my Califonia home , I suppose they will just carry the stuff up the road to where they can turn around a big rig?? I really don't think they would be willing to back up two miles to get closer to the house ...:unsure:

I actually solved the problem today . My 20' equipment trailer, is as of now, a Enclosed cargo trailer . !!!:clap:

snow dog

I have seen them bring two trucks to a house, when they can't get the semi close enough they bring a smaller truck and fill it and then drive to big semi and transfer