• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PT Cruiser or Dodge Caliber

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I need a car for a sales rep. If the Dodge Neon was still available I would buy another one of those. But they have been phased out and are being replaced by the new Caliber.

So in the same price range, I can get a Dodge Caliber or a PT Cruiser. The PT Cruiser has been around a while, the Caliber is new this year. I'm a little hesitiant to buy the first year of a new model for fear of potential problems, but the PT is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Another advantage to the PT Cruiser is that it will look pretty good with the decals we sticker on the vehicles.

Any thoughts?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Any thoughts?
A co-worker of mine has the Turbo PT, and he is completely satasfied with it so far (a little over a year).

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I think a CK20 would better suit your needs. You'll pay too much for a car and the CK20 has way more beef. They are such a beast that if you ever need to dig a lake, lift trusses to add on to your business, plow the county roads, you will be able to do that with with the CK20. It not only has way more beef, but is much heavier and will have superior resale value. You get way more standard features with it and you can get any parts you need cheap over the internet if your dealer doesn't stock any parts. Besides, did I mention that it has more beef and, what ever you do, don't forget it has a better warranty. I know your dealer is small, but several other dealers like Wallace will ship you parts and, since you are a male, you can do the repairs yourself and save the time and expense of sending it to a dealer with a service department. Besides, it's weight will be much more beneficial in the winter months for you. It will cost you about $5000 less than anything else too. Why do you even ask? :confused:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I think a CK20 would better suit your needs. You'll pay too much for a car and the CK20 has way more beef. They are such a beast that if you ever need to dig a lake, lift trusses to add on to your business, plow the county roads, you will be able to do that with with the CK20. It not only has way more beef, but is much heavier and will have superior resale value. You get way more standard features with it and you can get any parts you need cheap over the internet if your dealer doesn't stock any parts. Besides, did I mention that it has more beef and, what ever you do, don't forget it has a better warranty. I know your dealer is small, but several other dealers like Wallace will ship you parts and, since you are a male, you can do the repairs yourself and save the time and expense of sending it to a dealer with a service department. Besides, it's weight will be much more beneficial in the winter months for you. It will cost you about $5000 less than anything else too. Why do you even ask? :confused:

I would get the Woods loader though. I heard its best to stay away from the Kioti Loaders! ;)

PT Cruisers are for old people. My mom has one and she loves it (even though the transmission just died - was replaced under warranty). My mom is NOT young and hip.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
I would get the Woods loader though. I heard its best to stay away from the Kioti Loaders! ;)

I'm offended by your suggestion! Do you not know that the "issues" are extremely rare and only cosmetic. Kioti uses far superior steel than Woods!! :mad:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys.

I bought the PT Cruiser, painted New Holland Blue.

EDIT: What the hell made me think you guys would be helpful?

daedong

Dargo said:

:applause::applause::yum::yum::yum::thumb:

Now Bob , Oh forget it, i am laughing so hard i can hardly type.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
B_Skurka said:
Thanks guys.

I bought the PT Cruiser, painted New Holland Blue.

EDIT: What the hell made me think you guys would be helpful?

Oh gosh, after this day a good laugh helped a lot. Bob I don't know why you asked. This forum has gone from being helpful to not so helpful and you just don't know when your gonna get an honest answer. But thanks for the laugh. :yum::yum:

I'm kind of like Vin, I can't type :a1:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, hopefully you will be happy. You know, you really could have gotten more bang for your buck with the CK20. I can have KiotiJohn send you hundreds of pictures of his CK20 in action. I think all Chrysler vehicles have the 30 day satisfaction guarantee. So, if you want something that can do real work, you can still change your mind and get the CK20. You won't believe what how powerful of a machine it is. I know that Kioti only rates it at about 21 hp, but we all know that Kioti is so conservative in their power estimates for that unit. I'd bet that it would put out, say, something like 150 hp at the rear wheels on a dyno. Did I mention that you'd save about $5000 with the CK20 and, I almost forgot, it's got a lot more beef. :thumb:

Good luck just the same. I know everyone can't make the best decision every time. Let me tell you what trailer you need though. I know that the trailer rating on the PT is only about 1000 pounds or so, but since I'm an engineeer, I assure you that you can safely tow at least 15k with it. There is at least that much of a safety margin built in to the factory towing rating. Even though your CNH tractor may be 18' long with a rotary cutter and FEL on it, you only need a 14' trailer. Anything more would just be wasting money. The same goes for chain to attach your tractor. Don't waste money on the ugly grade 70 chain! Grade 43 is far superior and will hold much more. You too can be a weekend warrior and haul your 12,000 pounds of CNH iron 50 miles each weekend even with your PT Cruiser as long as you have the appropriate tongue weight.

I'd dispense more perfect advice tonight, but right now I'm going out to measure up and weld some more on my torque tube. I'll post pictures of it tomorrow along with my top of the line 16' trailer (it's better than any other 16' trailer built), and my 146,000 mile 1/2 ton pickup that is rated to haul more than any 3/4 ton. Why would anyone be so dumb to buy a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton pickup anyway. I have all the proof that with my towing package that my 1/2 ton is far superior. Oh, I'd love to help more now, but on another site they are calling me. Somebody needs to know exactly what trailer to use to haul their new D6 dozer. I have to make sure that they don't do something stupid and buy something other than a 16' bumper pull trailer. So many people to advise and so little time...

AndyM

Charter Member
I would buy a PT Cruiser in a heartbeat if it had the Liberty's 4 cylinder diesel in it.

By the way Bob, are you by chance hiring a supply chain guy? I like beige cars. :D

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dargo said:
Good luck just the same. I know everyone can't make the best decision every time. Let me tell you what trailer you need though. I know that the trailer rating on the PT is only about 1000 pounds or so, but since I'm an engineeer, I assure you that you can safely tow at least 15k with it.

Is that a trailer built with 2 x 4's or I beam's??:confused2::hide:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I'd dispense more perfect advice tonight, but right now I'm going out to measure up and weld some more ...
I suppose you will be wearing sunglasses while you use your plasma cutter and welder :pat:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
I suppose you will be wearing sunglasses while you use your plasma cutter and welder :pat:

Glasses - waste of money! All you need to do is squint. I don't actually own a plasma cutter but my friend's uncle's brother told me that is all you need.
:D