• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Homemade toothbar and brush mover

JimR

Charter Member
I picked up this idea from another website and decided to make one last week. The cost of the steel was $120.00. It consists of the 1/2" x 5" x 5' piece of flat stock, 9 feet of 1" square solid stock, (2) 1/2" x 5" x 12" pieces of flat stock and (4) pieces of 1 3/8" square tubing 4 feet long with 3/16" sidewall. The 1" square stock was cut up into pieces to form the teeth. They were all tacked in place on the bucket to insure a tight fit. They were then finished welded and attached to the flat stock. I ground the corners on the teeth to allow the square tubing to slide over them. The square tubing was drilled and a 5/16" nut was welded onto the side for holddown bolts. Each tube has a welded number on it so there is no mistake of getting one jammed onto a tooth. These teeth are more than strong enough to support my 180 pounds on the end of the 4 foot stock and jumping on it. This will make a great work platform also by just adding a few boards with U bolt type clamps. The main purpose of the square stock is for moving brush and boards when neccessary. The longer teeth work well in moving piles of wood and such. My bucket used to roll over the wood in my woodpile. Now the bucket just digs in and can move a lot of wood.

Attachments

• Toothbar1.jpg
    Toothbar1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Toothbar2.jpg
    Toothbar2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Toothbar4.jpg
    Toothbar4.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 98

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good Jim.

I lightened up the color and added a couple hues to help with the toothbar pic. Color might be off a tad, but it's easier to see your handiwork.

Attachments

• JimRsToothbar1.jpg
    JimRsToothbar1.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 95

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Jim,
Very Impressive ! I want to compliment you on you welding . Those welding beads look really good .

JimR

Charter Member
Thanks Doc for the picture work. That was a nightime shot in the rain. My camera doesn't like that.

Thanks Big Al, All that welding was done with my Lincoln 175 Plus Mig Welder.

All the solid bar stock cuts were made with a chop saw.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice work Jim! It seems like we work in parallel!

I just finished my project so I stole your title text and posted my pictures!

PB

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Excellent! Good idea you have on attaching the forks. The wheels are turning, I need some brush removal tools myself.:tiphat::beer::beer:

JimR

Charter Member
I tried my brush hauler today. I can honestly say that they work great. I am clearing some trees for a neighbor up the street. I was able to just run the forks under the brush from the tree and run it off into the woods. What a time saver. I didn't even have to get off the tractor until almost all the brush was gone. The last pieces needed to be piled on to the forks to haul off.