• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How to wire Zooz Z-Wave Plus Wall Dimmer Switch ZEN22 switch?

ljCharlie

I've looked at the Zooz's instruction and I cannot find any of their options that match my current wiring diagram. At the 3 gang receptacle, #3 switch is what also controls the light. At the 1 gang receptacle box is where I want to replace it with the Zooz's switch.

TW=traveler wire (I think)
CW=common wire.

Attachments

• master-br-light-switches-cw-tw2-labeled.jpg
    master-br-light-switches-cw-tw2-labeled.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 3way-swtich-white-existing-regular-switch-labled.jpg
    3way-swtich-white-existing-regular-switch-labled.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 21

Bamby

It's actually pretty easy. This explains it way better than I can typing it out...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n52fvF2G0ys"]Two way switching explained - YouTube[/ame]

ljCharlie

So, what options do I pick or have base on Zooz's instruction? I could not found an option that would work in my case. The #3 switch at 3 gang box has no neutral. The single gang box has a neutral line. However, it's still not working with black goes to common, white goes to load, red goes to traveler, and neutral wire (from the yellow wire nut) goes to neutral on the Zooz smart switch. On #3 switch, black goes to common, white (which I believe is hot or traveler) goes to another gold screw, and red goes to the traveler. Can you tell me why current setup is not working? How do I get it to work?

Bamby

There isn't conmanly a neutral in a switch a switch is a breaker. Is the fixture you're tying to wire already tied into this circuit? Did you watch the video? The idea of the neutral wire is all wrong if anything it's a switched hot and there should have been a bit of black electrical tape wrapped on the very ends identifying this fact.