• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Deer causes a flat tire on my tractor

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Never saw the deer but what he left behind is causing me a bunch of problems. As soon as I removed the antlers the tire went flat.

My local tire company is coming in the morning to repair the damage.

To add to my bad luck, following this flat tire, I got out the wife's Kubota to finish mowing. Then I got too close to the pond and got stuck. Had to get a neighbor to pull me out with his tractor.

Not a good day for me, but I wouldn't trade living in the country for anything.

Attachments

• IMG_3103.jpg
    IMG_3103.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 64

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I've never seen that one before. :wow:

One of the reasons that I have two tractors is so I can always use one to pull the other one out of a mess ... and it happens quite often. :biggrin:

And you're right, it beats the sh*t out of city living any day of the week. :clap::clap:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a hay hook stuck just about like that. it was in the heavy part and I just pulled it out.
something like that I may not have removed it and run it to the top so the calcium wouldn't leak out.
our schwab can repair on site and reuses the fluid.
a real pain when your working,kind of spoils your day.
I would be looking extra hard for that deer next hunting season.
jim

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder what the tractor did to piss off the buck?

Or who was the last to drive the tractor?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This happens more than you might think to farmers who have crop ground bordering timber.

It has happened to a couple of guys I know here in Iowa. Thorny locust trees are another hazard along timberlines that will get your attention in the same way. :glare:

Hope the tire boot holds up for years to come. :flowers:

Regards, Kirk

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
The farmer I lease to had this happen a couple years ago on my property, with his 400 hp John Deere. That was an expensive tire.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice Rack. :thumb:

I've scoured our woods hoping to find some antlers without the deer attached ....find plenty of rubbing spots but no rack. Sure don't want to find em your way.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It rained most of last night and until about noon today so my tire guy could not get to my tractor. I'm out of town Monday, so it'll be Tuesday before I can get the tire fixed. I suspect a tube will be added, but not sure.

I hope to get that buck next fall and mount his head on my wall along with a photo of the tire.

&($@+^ deer.

jwstewar

Dad was in the tire repair business for 45 years give or take. He would bring 2 or 3 sets of antlers home every spring that had been in a tire. The farmers never wanted them, they were too pissed at how much time and money it had just cost them. He'd bring them home, we'd look at them and say cool and then throw them away. Don't know why he always brought them home, but he did.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
caribou horns will do the same thing they've gon through several loder back hoe combos around here