• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Changing a light bulb @ 2000 Feet!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
One of the commenters asks "How does he get his pants around those balls?" :yum::yum:

When climbing, one very quickly reaches a point where it does not matter anymore. Falling will not make you any more dead. Usually well within the first 20 ft or so. However, this would have to be above my pay grade. :yum:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ERBsbvs_c"]Bulb changing on a 2000 ft - YouTube[/ame]

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
2 words.
Hell no!
I love thrill rides and heights, but nothing like that.
:bolt:

Years ago I regularly made trips to an equipment platform at 1500’ on a TV tower. Fortunately there was an elevator! :)

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I won't even go the fifty foot up the mat on my sailboat. Wife says NO. Not because she's afraid I'll fall, but because the last time I did my thighs left squeeze impressions on the mast.:unsure:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Years ago I regularly made trips to an equipment platform at 1500’ on a TV tower. Fortunately there was an elevator! :)

Wasn’t a big deal at the time. Couldn’t do it now! Not agile enough. Things change after 40 years.

Open car elevator inside the tower. The car was off the ground 15 feet. Steep stairs up to the elevator. Open air ride up to the platform. Platform had open mesh floor and safety rails. OK place to work as long as the wind wasn’t blowing.
Interesting thing was seeing clouds drifting around below you!

Pic is of Cedar Hill, Tx between Dallas and Ft Worth. I did similar work but stayed on the ground in Missouri City, Tx outside of Houston Tx

Attachments

• A8660714-812E-4593-A9FF-31CF8A3CCA82.jpeg
    A8660714-812E-4593-A9FF-31CF8A3CCA82.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 83

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I won't even go the fifty foot up the mat on my sailboat. Wife says NO. Not because she's afraid I'll fall, but because the last time I did my thighs left squeeze impressions on the mast.:unsure:

:yum: :th_lmao: :thumbup:

They make bosn''s chairs with backrests now, I'm told.