• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Track Tension/Length

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking for some input on proper track adjustment. 1968 442 fiberglass pontoon steel tracks.

The adjusters on the back pontoons I have not redone yet were maxed out. Also there were two half links in the track. 31 grousers/bearings total. It seemed like even when tight the bearings on a tight turn would jump up on the rails and ride on the flanges which is BAD.

The front ones which are re done have the same half links and 31 grousers. I think with all the work there is less wear now so those are tight at only half adjustment.

I took the half links out and was able to remove one grouser so now I am down to 30 and was able to bring track to good tension with the adjusters all the way in.

My gauge to tightness is when I walk on them. IF the track folds it is too loose.

What are you thoughts on adjustments? How many grousers are there suppose to be?