• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Somewhere in Scotland

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So I got an email this afternoon from Leeanne.
That is my late hubby Steve's daughter.
My stepdaughter.
I got this, after I'd mailed her months ago asking where the hell are you?
She says Mam sorry, just catching this.
Scotland.
I take it she and Martin had a good time.
Lemme see.. whiskey, half pint Tetley, sausage roll.
153550169472633569.png
:yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That ain't Tetley babe, that's Tennent's Lager … and it's a pint!!!!

I was in Edinburgh about 6 or 7 weeks ago. I love that city when it's not too filled with tourists. It's a great place to visit with some great food and good beer. Never made it to the Brass Monkey down Leith Walk but there are plenty of other good ones.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
When I was there it wasn't proper for a lady to order a pint lol
I would anyway!

Yup, I stand corrected.
Tetley glasses say it on them, those pubs that had the name stamped on them that is.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
When I was there it wasn't proper for a lady to order a pint lol
I would anyway!

Nope. We had some strange conventions back then. Away back when in Scotland I had to explain to my wife that it wasn't "proper" for a lady to stand at the bar and drink. She had to sit at a table and the barman would come over and take her order. Nowadays women will elbow you out of the way to get to the bar. :yum: