• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Sno-Cat 1642 for sale

stowester

Snowmobile club selling our 'spare' groomer. It's a 1983 cummins powered Tucker 1643. Engine runs perfect, transmission and drive train excellent, tracks good. Sheet metal and interior needs some TLC. Located in Stowe, Vt. We are motivated to sell but not sure of an asking price. Looking forward to your comments and of course any offers :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,676
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,336
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,391
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 1,321
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,387
  • IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,431
  • IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,327
  • IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,402
  • IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,353

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Applecreek snow Ryders would love to have that as our primary groomer.

Including the drag?

when were the belts done last.

How long did you group foster care for the machine.

stowester

RedSqwrl: The drag is for sale as well.
I'm not sure when the belts were done but they are in good shape. The wheels as well are fine. The sprockets are showing wear which looks like an alignment issue.

Our club has owned it for about 20 years but it has seen little use in the last 14 years.

Dean

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the package the only down side I see is the cummuns wasn't a particularly reliable long life engine like their inline sixes, and being an obsolete model would make finding parts as hard to find as my ford inline six.

stowester

I think $8500 is a fair price for the Tucker. The engine was professionally overhauled shortly before we leased a PB100 (which we now own). The Tucker became backup and has had little use.

Personally, after following this forum for years, I'd love to see it restored like some of our favourites. Although just having it used is better then watching it sit.

We serviced it (oil and all filters) and did use it a little this season. Runs and pulls great.

Still plenty of snow here!:biggrin: It's ready for a test drive.:brows:

jp11

I like the package the only down side I see is the cummuns wasn't a particularly reliable long life engine like their inline sixes, and being an obsolete model would make finding parts as hard to find as my ford inline six.

Just for info..

Our local truck garage told us that the parts are very common between a 4BT and the 6cyl.

So, maybe it's not as much a negative.

Seems a fair price. Good luck.

JP

jp11

My club is out looking for a drag. Is that a 8.5 wide?

If you could let me know, and a price. Just over in Maine. We've got trailers, and cash!

JP

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just for info..

Our local truck garage told us that the parts are very common between a 4BT and the 6cyl.

So, maybe it's not as much a negative.

That is not the BT series engine, it is a V-6 and I believe you will have a challenge finding parts. Check it out first. I have specs. on the engine if you need them.

stowester

It has not sold but I do have a local club interested.
I hope they can pull it off as it would be nice to see it working

Dean

stowester

My club is out looking for a drag. Is that a 8.5 wide?

If you could let me know, and a price. Just over in Maine. We've got trailers, and cash!

JP

It is a great drag but I think it is 8x18 ft. I will measure it. Price depends on the Tucker interest.

Dean

stowester

I've had a few questions about the engine.

From the ID tag in the cat I'm pretty sure the engine is a cummins V378C.

Dean

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I would expect some good service life out of a rebuilt diesel engine I have a 380 ford diesel in my Thiokol. it's a great engine even designed, for pit crew service the down side is parts have one source here in the us I would expect the same out of the cummins v6 for cabin access it would make a wonderful rig or for a back up to a commercial operation but, for a prime mover I think I would tread lightly because the parts supply may cause you to wait several days and ups charges to get what you need. I'm working on a spare parts list for the ford now ,things that would keep me out of the action, and are hard to find say like the combine water pump mine has

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There was the V6 and a matching V8 with two more holes... it was know as the "tripple nickle" as it is 555 cid. The V8 was the more common of the two...

These were introduced into agricultural equiptement back in the day, and quickly earned a bad reputation and were discontinued in Ag by the mid to late 80's. I haven't seen one in a long while, and I know the equiptment they once powered has been repowered by some other engine, or junked..

A snow cat may not be as hard of duty as Ag equitment was. They may live well if not being worked at max power as engines are in Ag duty. I have to wonder what parts will work from a 4bt. Manifolds heads and block are different I am quite sure...

It might pay to see what is still available from Cummins for this engine directly. I don't think there is much available today..

Regards, Kirk