• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SEAL TEAM 6 -or- "Dick Cheney's Death Squad"

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else notice Democrats love "SEAL TEAM 6" right now? Just a few years ago they called it Dick Cheney's Death squad:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a1PtiiNqtg"]YouTube - 'Dick Cheney had a death squad'[/ame] AND ALSO HERE:

http://www.democrats.com/dick-cheney-had-a-death-squad

AND ALSO HERE: http://white--house.com/dick-cheney...-hitman-aids-cia-in-torture-renditions-031909

And also hundreds of other references to this. Apparently the Democrats had their panties in a collective bunch over the very group that today they are now celebrating as a group of heros :hammer:

I'm so confused about what is right and wrong. Maybe a liberal can straighten me out?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I thought he contracted this stuff out to Black Water as they didn't fall under the military code of justice. Now CIA is for the most part civilians not military at least my dealing with them in the past.

Randy Scheffer

Crickets? ? ?

I might of missed it, but where in the first video that you posted did anyone mention anything about a SEAL team, of for that matter, any SOG?

Apologies, but since I didn't hear anything in the first video pertaining to the title of your post, I didn't want to waste my time on your other links.

I thought he contracted this stuff out to Black Water as they didn't fall under the military code of justice. Now CIA is for the most part civilians not military at least my dealing with them in the past.

Agreed. It's becoming a very gray area at times with "private contractors".

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I might of missed it, but where in the first video that you posted did anyone mention anything about a SEAL team, of for that matter, any SOG? . . .
Clearly you totally missed the point.

When Bush was in office it was not referred to as a SOG or SEAL team, it was referred to as a "Death Squad"

Now that Obama is in office it is venerated as a group of heros by the media.

The video is several years old, it was posted, along with the old article to prove the point that what the media and the liberals refer to as "death squads" under a GOP administration is, when used by a liberal Democratic administration, not only perfectly acceptable but something that should be considered heroic.

As for Blackwater and other private contractors, yes those did/do exist in one form or another, but those are not the groups to which these press accounts are referring, nor are they the groups to which I am referring. :hammer:

Randy Scheffer

Clearly you totally missed the point.
I don't think I did.

The video you posted referenced NOTHING to any SOG. The link to the video referenced in my words, the "private security sector" such as Xi (formally known as Blackwater).

The ONE link that you did provide did refer to SOG's, but I believe the condemnation wasn't directed towards the military personal, but to HOW and WHY they might be used by government officials.

I find it hard to believe that anyone could condemn the current president for using commandos to eliminate OBL, but perhaps some could find it disconcerting that our elected officials would use the military to eliminate "questionable" targets.

Maybe a liberal can straighten me out?
I don't consider myself a liberal by any means, but from reviewing some of your posts, I am no where as "right winged, single minded" as you IMO.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I think Bob's point was the apparent hypocrisy in referring to JSOC as a Dick Cheney death squad during Dubya's presidency, then applauding how SEAL Team 6 was wielded by the current administration.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think I did.
Yes, respectfully, you completely missed the point. Oh, and I never indicated you were small minded.

I think Bob's point was the apparent hypocrisy in referring to JSOC as a Dick Cheney death squad during Dubya's presidency, then applauding how SEAL Team 6 was wielded by the current administration.
BINGO this is exactly the point.

Randy Scheffer

No Bob, I didn't miss the point.

It was either of ignorance (of the military) or prejudice (politics) that YOU associated SEAL TEAM 6 with your links to prove your so called point.

Nice jab about the "small minded" comment. You wear your moderator stripes proud, don't you? LMFAO

I will however stick to my point that you do seem to lean so far to the right that you can't see the middle.

I think Bob's point was the apparent hypocrisy in referring to JSOC as a Dick Cheney death squad during Dubya's presidency

I believe the points raised per those links were questioning the intended "hit list" and perhaps the "validity" of those on the list. I don't think anyone will argue the validity of OBL.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK

I have no clue what my point was, nor the intention of my post.

jpr was wrong too when he correctly pointed out to that which I was errantly referring.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I believe the points raised per those links were questioning the intended "hit list" and perhaps the "validity" of those on the list. I don't think anyone will argue the validity of OBL.

Maybe I missed something, but the stories critical of Bush-Cheney and referring to JSOC as a death squad were notably vague about the alleged transgressions. I also didn't see that they named anyone on the "hit list" much less anyone who shouldn't have been on the hit list.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe I missed something, but the stories critical of Bush-Cheney and referring to JSOC as a death squad were notably vague about the alleged transgressions. I also didn't see that they named anyone on the "hit list" much less anyone who shouldn't have been on the hit list.

You didn't miss a thing. The JSOC, which includes Seal Team 6, was specifically labeled "Dick Cheney's Death Squad". To have those who made these comments now praising them for taking out Bin Laden is an absolute definition of hypocrisy. Maybe my military background makes my viewpoint "corrupted", but having gone back and revisited all of the OP links, I see only speculation that JSOC might be used inappropriately, with nothing but innuendo suggesting that they in fact were.

Bob, stand by your OP - your point is valid. And Bravo Zulu for posting this! :thumb:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
No Bob, I didn't miss the point.

It was either of ignorance (of the military) or prejudice (politics) that YOU associated SEAL TEAM 6 with your links to prove your so called point.

Nice jab about the "small minded" comment. You wear your moderator stripes proud, don't you? LMFAO

I will however stick to my point that you do seem to lean so far to the right that you can't see the middle.

Hmmmmmmmm....the pot calling the kettle black from the left side. Interesting....

Randy Scheffer

but having gone back and revisited all of the OP links, I see only speculation that JSOC might be used inappropriately, with nothing but innuendo suggesting that they in fact were.

An article posted on a Democratic website in 2009.

And you're correct, SEAL TEAM six is underneath JSOC, but nothing points directly to SEAL TEAM six, it is the OP who is making that connection.

Hmmmmmmmm....the pot calling the kettle black from the left side.

Far from it.

I don't have the time to find links from 2009 on one article to make a point LOL

Added the fact that the other link and the video mention NOTHING about DEVGRU.