• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Royal snub for the Obama’s

snow dog

Prince William and Kate Middleton wedding: President Barack Obama and Michelle are not invited! Michelle is livid over the snub and Obama can’t believe it…

Meanwhile, William and Kate have it together.

Prince William and Kate Middleton are planning a royal wedding April, 2011. Prince William personally told the wedding planners to strike the Obama’s from the guest list. He stated, “He did
not want Michelle Obama trying to pull her center of attention ploy trying to upstage Kate on Kate’s wedding day”. Sources reveal that William states, “She may run Obama, but she doesn’t run him or England ”.

The Democrats and Obama would like to play the race card as they have done so many times in America , but it is difficult when other black heads of states are invited to the wedding and will
be warmly received.

Now, what are the future King of England ’s reasons for Snubbing the Obama’s to the world? First, it has nothing to do with America beyond being so stupid as to elect such low class imperfection to the office of President and First Lady. Secondly, Michelle called his mother Diana an over-sexed cloths horse and further stated that she, Michelle, was more popular than Diana ever was.

Thirdly, Michelle Obama showed her butt at every major social function endeavoring to be the Queen in the limelight. In other words, just a lack of class. Fourthly, the Queen Mother, William’s grand mother, also has her reasons. Obama refused to bow to her, but a few days later bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia . Michelle manhandled her by becoming too familiar by putting her arm around her. The Queen only shakes hands with gloves on…They are the Traditions and it is still honored by the
Royals. The Queen said to her staff, “Never allow that woman to
be in the same room with me again” and she meant every word of it. The gifts from Obama and Michelle were both tacky and in poor taste…It is all a matter of class. In addition, the Queen
Mother supported Prince William in his decision, due to the fact, the word is out about the lavish booze parties at the White House, and the expensive vacations and state visits that cost the American tax payers billions of dollars un-necessarily when the American people need the resources…We here at True American can’t decide if it is Just low class, no class, or all that has just been mentioned.

The Obama’s are desperately trying to make it a slight against America . Every past Head of State has always been invited…This is not a state function and William is not yet a Sovereign. It is just a multi-million dollar private wedding and the Obama’s have been
royally snubbed by the British Royals; not America , just the present classless leaders…

The True American!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I dont see a link SN for the article so I will post one as well as a little different take on it . :wink:

That being said , It might be because they dont have enough room for all of the people needed to travel with the annointed ones . :whistling:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-reveal-invited-Prince-Williams-wedding.html

• American President left off the guest list as it is not a 'state occasion'
  • Royal couple eager to ask ordinary citizens to attend rather than VIPs
  • Heads of State who may attend include Nicolas Sarkozy and wife Carla Bruni
President Obama and his wife Michelle will not be invited to Prince William's wedding next year.
Because Prince William is not yet heir to the throne, his wedding to Kate Middleton is not classed as a ‘state occasion’ – and the couple feel under no pressure to fill the 2,000-strong guest list with heads of state, the Mail understands.
They are more eager to ask ordinary citizens and charity workers than foreign dignitaries and VIPs to what will be the first royal ‘people’s wedding’, courtiers suggested.
A handful of heads of state are likely to be invited in line with previous royal weddings, possibly including France’s President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni.

article-1339315-04396CFB000005DC-124_634x551.jpg
Uninvited: Royal sources have revealed that President Obama and his wife Michelle are not going to be invited to the Royal wedding as it is not classed as a state occasion

But the decision to exclude the American premier and his wife Michelle from the celebrations marks a break from tradition.

Prince Charles and Princess Diana invited then-American president Ronald Reagan and his wife Nancy to their 1981 ceremony – though she came alone because the president was too ill to travel following an assassination attempt on him.

A senior courtier said: ‘It is certainly not the case that all foreign heads of state will be excluded. The guest list is still being drawn up and could change, but as things stand it’s right (to say Mr Obama will not be invited).’

A St James’s Palace spokesman said: ‘The wedding will not be a formal state occasion since Prince William is neither the sovereign nor the heir to the throne.’

The decision is an example of William’s single-minded desire to hold the first ever ‘people’s wedding’ by packing the pews with members of the public who have worked with his 21 charities.

article-1339315-0C72BB90000005DC-386_306x423.jpg

article-1339315-0C25DC39000005DC-420_306x423.jpg

'The People's wedding': William and Kate's courtiers have said they are more keen to invite volunteers and charity workers than VIPs to their wedding at Westminster Abbey on April 29

And as William and Kate continue to thrash out the plans for Westminster Abbey on April 29, they are understood to be looking towards the Queen and Prince Philip’s austere 1947 nuptials as a template.

With a post-war Government facing huge cuts, the then Chancellor Hugh Dalton said only the decorations in Whitehall and outside the palace could be funded by the taxpayer.

And the Archbishop of York compared the wedding to that of a commoner ‘married this afternoon in some small country church’.

Conscious of the credit crunch and rising unemployment rates, William has vowed to have a wedding that is not as ‘ostentatious’ as his parents’ St Paul’s Cathedral ceremony, with 3,500 guests.

But the couple still want to encourage a ‘street party’ atmosphere to sweep the country – and Kate’s dress is expected to cost considerably more than Princess Elizabeth’s £1,200 gown, partly paid for with 300 rationing coupons.

A royal aide said: ‘It will be done properly and well, but not in an ostentatious and lavish manner. This time is more analogous with 1947. In 1981 a lot more people were invited to the wedding. The route to St Paul’s was also longer than it is to the Abbey. It was undeniably a bigger wedding.’

article-1339315-00CB47E700000190-184_306x552.jpg

article-1339315-008E7BD300000190-799_306x552.jpg

Nancy Reagan attended the wedding of Prince Charles and Diana in her husband's absence in 1981 and also received an invite to Prince Andrew's 1986 wedding to Sarah Ferguson - despite that not being a state occasion
A St James’s Palace spokesman said: ‘The couple will be drawing on inspiration from elements of the 1947 and 1981 weddings – there are obvious similarities to both. They want to strike the right balance between intimacy and providing an occasion that can be enjoyed by everyone.’

In a growing sign of Kate’s formal acceptance into the royal fold, she was invited to the Queen’s annual pre-Christmas lunch with about 50 members of the Royal Family yesterday.

The traditional banquet at Buckingham Palace is reserved for family members – and following her engagement to William following an eight-year courtship, Kate finally counts in Her Majesty’s eyes.

TODAY'S POLL
Should the Obamas have been invited to Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding?
Yes
No
VOTE
obamaL1712_108x76.jpg

POLL RESULTS

Close
All polls Click to view yesterday's poll results

She met many minor members of her new family for the first time, including children who may be among her bridesmaids.

The smiling 28-year-old was seen leaving Buckingham Palace with her fiance and his brother Prince Harry, 26, yesterday afternoon.

The Queen and Prince Philip hosted the sumptuous meal, understood to have been held in the Palace’s Bow Room, with their four children – Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward - and their families.

Among the guests pictured at the palace yesterday were Charles and Camilla, Princess Beatrice, Zara Phillips (sporting a shorter bob haircut) and her brother Peter with his wife Autumn, who is due to give birth to their first child this month.

Edward’s wife Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, drove their seven-year-old daughter Lady Louise Windsor – tipped to be among Kate’s bridesmaids - to the lunch, while Princess Alexandra and James and Julia Ogilvy arrived with a boot full of Christmas presents.

Also there were Princess Michael of Kent, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, the Duchess of Kent, the Queen’s nephew Lord Linley and his family, Lady Sarah Chatto and her son Arthur, Lady Gabriella Windsor, Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor, and Lady Davina Lewis and her husband Gary.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Prince-Williams-wedding.html#ixzz1BFrf12Nw

SShepherd

Fourthly, the Queen Mother, William’s grand mother, also has her reasons. Obama refused to bow to her, but a few days later bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia . Michelle manhandled her by becoming too familiar by putting her arm around her. The Queen only shakes hands with gloves on…They are the Traditions and it is still honored by the

be in the same room with me again” and she meant every word of it. The gifts from Obama and Michelle were both tacky and in poor taste…

payback's a bitch:hammer:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Fourthly, the Queen Mother, William’s grand mother, also has her reasons. Obama refused to bow to her, but a few days later bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia . Michelle manhandled her by becoming too familiar by putting her arm around her. The Queen only shakes hands with gloves on…They are the Traditions and it is still honored by the
be in the same room with me again” and she meant every word of it. The gifts from Obama and Michelle were both tacky and in poor taste…

payback's a bitch:hammer:
For a second I thought you was going to say it had something to do with Obama claiming France to be our greatest allie , Yep i know my spelling sucks . :biggrin:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
For those who have forgotten the gifts given by the Obamas, here they are...

An Obama aide reported the queen was given an iPod loaded with video and photos of her 2007 trip to the United States, as well as songs and accessories. She also received a rare songbook signed by the composer Richard Rodgers.
The gift issue had come up after Prime Minister Gordon Brown visited the White House last month. Mr. Brown gave Mr. Obama a pen holder carved from the timber of an anti-slave ship, receiving in return a DVD box set of American movies, igniting a torrent of criticism in the British press.

Source and more

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefuly in about two years we can do a FIRST order act and throw out the low class.....hmmmmm...maby he would like to go to jolly old england and polish williams boots!!!!!!

grizzer

Hopefuly in about two years we can do a FIRST order act and throw out the low class.....hmmmmm...maby he would like to go to jolly old england and polish williams boots!!!!!!

As a commoner Obama would need to show papers... :brows:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
By the way, this pic looks chopped.

The Duke isn't that short..although Her Highness is, and Michelle Obama can't be 7ft tall.:yum:

article-1339315-04396CFB000005DC-124_634x551.jpg

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter

Nope. Being a bootblack takes both intelligence and skill. :whistling:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope. Being a bootblack takes both intelligence and skill. :whistling:

Obama couldn't even pass the exam to drive a black cab in London, which is harder than becoming president. You can't bullshit your way into becoming a cab driver.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Obama couldn't even pass the exam to drive a black cab in London, which is harder than becoming president. You can't bullshit your way into becoming a cab driver.

I know. I used to have a Hackney License. It's a pretty tough test.

Of all the Royals, the one you don't want to piss off is the Queen Mother. She's the reason that Mrs. Simpson and the Duke of Windsor never were welcome back in the UK after his abdication and their marriage. She bears a grudge and has a long, long memory. If the Obamas pissed her off they're pretty much f***ed. If the old woman expresses her displeasure, everybody from the Queen on down WILL pay attention.

That picture of the Obamas with the Queen and Prince Phillip has been doctored. Believe me. Many years ago, I was presented to Prince Phillip when his helicopter landed at our base in Falmouth. He ain't that short.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Of all the Royals, the one you don't want to piss off is the Queen Mother. She's the reason that Mrs. Simpson and the Duke of Windsor never were welcome back in the UK after his abdication and their marriage. She bears a grudge and has a long, long memory. If the Obamas pissed her off they're pretty much f***ed. If the old woman expresses her displeasure, everybody from the Queen on down WILL pay attention.

That picture of the Obamas with the Queen and Prince Phillip has been doctored. Believe me. Many years ago, I was presented to Prince Phillip when his helicopter landed at our base in Falmouth. He ain't that short.

Uh huh!

I saw him standing near a guard during trooping the colour, the guard had to be at least 6 ft tall and he was nearly a match.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I know. I used to have a Hackney License. It's a pretty tough test.

In that picture Obama reminds me of the Joker from Batman.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with the photo being artifically created...Not only are there the scale differences as alredy noted, but notice as well that none of them are looking in the same place, nor any one particular place...Kinda odd if some one is taking a picture of you isn't it? Maybe one person could have been "caught" looking elsewhere, but all four of them? I doubt it....

Regards, Kirk

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
.. and Prince Philip is a known racist, or should I say for his tendency for the racial faux pas over the years.

Like I said...they got class:flowers:I was looking for the whisseler but the lady rates flowers anyway

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with the photo being artifically created...Not only are there the scale differences as alredy noted, but notice as well that none of them are looking in the same place, nor any one particular place...Kinda odd if some one is taking a picture of you isn't it? Maybe one person could have been "caught" looking elsewhere, but all four of them? I doubt it....

Regards, Kirk
Looks to me Like Obamas the only one looking directlly into the camera , the others are probablly confused staring at all of the teleprompters :whistling:.

As far as the pic looking doctered up what would be the point of that ? :unsure:

Just looks like an odd camera angle to me with both obama's making sure they are closer to the camera so of coarse the pic draws more attention to them . Phillips just standing further back from tha camera you can tell by looking at the feet . :smile:

BrattieCathie

If They invited the Presidents of every country, the wedding would be too big, and then the Brits would complain that the wedding cost too much money! No one can win here!