• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cross reference for 251 FH6 parts

DynatracGuy

As a Muskeg owner I've been trying to find a good source of engine parts for the 251 ci flat head 6. www.vintagepowerwagons.com has some parts, but the 251 ci parts are scarce even there. I finally found that a 1965 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon used the same engine. It appears to be single carb version. The 1968 version used a dual carb. It is so nice to be able to get parts from NAPA now. Just use the WM300 model number as Power Wagon referred to a number of different vehicles.

DynatracGuy

After some more digging I found that the clutch is most likely the same as one of the M37 / Power Wagon models. The transmission looks like it may be the one used in the Canadian version of M37. Looks like it's the same as the US non-synchro transmission except it is a synchro version. Case, shifting levers, input, output, PTO, all look the same. I'm guessing that many parts would be interchangeable. The US synchro transmission is way different from what's in the Muskeg. I'm guessing that Bombardier used left over Canadian M37 parts after production stopped. Next up I'll try to identify the Brandon front winch. I'll bet it is the same as one used on M37. I will post a cross reference spread sheet here shortly.