• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

thiokol3300 rear axle

thiokol3300

having problem with the steering on this thing. only want to steer after you come to a complete stop. found that someone has put 90wt in the rear end, pretty sure the need tractor hyd. but not sure. if anyone know where to get a service manual for one of these or has an idea of what the problem might be, please let me know. thanks

Snowcat Pat

"DMC 3300 Diesel Automatic Snowgrooming Vehicle"
I've wondered about these machines for years. I have 6 short pages on it in the 1979 Tracked Vehicle Service Seminar manual. It say the Diff is called a TC-21 and has oil-cooled outboard mounted multi-disc steering brakes.The lube chart says it uses EP 80-90 in the differential case. Looks like a DMC invention.

Manual has no photos but says the diff has tapered roller bearings on the carrier and pinion that are mounted in adjustable threaded rings.(wow, like a real diff!)

Ive never seen one.

-Pat

thiokol3300

man, thats not what i wanted to here. was really hopin someone put to thick of oil in it. seems like i'm gettin good oil to the brake cases, although i haven't got a chance to put a guage on them to see what kinda pressure i'm getting. sounds like i need brake discs. anyone know where to find parts?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
multi disc wet brakes almost never wear out i have seen thousands of hous on them i would look at what you have actuating them master and slave cylinders makke certain you have adiquate clamping force