• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rebuilding Skylights and more

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
So I decide to save some money and reseal some older Velux Skylights this past Saturday that were weeping a bit whenever we had a strong east rain strom. Fairly easy job, but I was working on a hot roof. I had to keep shifting my butt around because it was so darn hot. Me, stoopid, didn't think to get a cushion or insulator.

Anyway, afterwards, when I was cleaning up, in the shower, I discovered I burned my butt! Man, it stung when the water hit it. But butt is good now. I still have a coupld more to do next weekend. This time, I'm using a cushion.

Gotta get all the projects done before boating season. I also commisioned the lawn sprinklers - had a few busted heads.

Next weekend, it's the rest of the skylights, then I still have to replace some cedar siding and find out where the water is getting behind it. And fix a wooden fence that has some rotten posts. The I think I am done until the fall.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't lay on your stomach, I don't want to know what else gets burned.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Get up on a metal roof and paint it with that shiny silver roof paint. Till you get the job done you can't see and the soles of your feet are steamed in your shoes. I am building a greenhouse and trying my best to resist mowing the grass that is starting to green up. Yet they are calling for snow this evening and 80 degrees by saturday. Crazy spring weather .