• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The day the Democrats took over

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The day the Democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, and the start of the 110th Congress. The Democratic Party then controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault," think about this:

January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress:

At the time:

* The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
* The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
* The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

* George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB CREATION!

Remember the day...
January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy? Right, BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

Thank Congress for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment to this CRISIS by dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac fiasco's!
(BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001, because it was financially risky for the U.S. economy, but no one was listening).

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac?

OBAMA.

Who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie???

OBAMA and the Democratic Congress.

So when someone tries to blame Bush...

REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007....

THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"

Bush may have been in the car, but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and the steering wheel they were driving. Set the record straight on Bush!

So, as you listen to all the commercials and media from the Democrats who are now distancing themselves from their voting record and their party, remember how they didn't listen to you when you said you didn't want all the bailouts, you didn't want the health care bill, you didn't want cap and trade, you didn't want them to continue spending money we don't have.

I'm not forgetting their complicity in getting us into this mess, and I'll be marking my vote accordingly!

"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" -Ronald Reagan

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Most who would deny it have been pretty quiet lately. Perhaps they have moved to "greener pastures".:whistling:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Most who would deny it have been pretty quiet lately. Perhaps they have moved to "greener pastures".:whistling:

According to an article I read just this morning, many of those on our college campuses who voted for the Chicago lad have decided that tea is a better drink that Obama's koolaid. :whistling: This is going to be a really interesting, perhaps even exciting election! :brows::clap::yum:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah I check'em out every now and then. I never cease to find a thread bashing FF. The last one I found was very hitting against the FF admin. Ah like they say and they followed ............ "If ya can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen and play with balloons"

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah I check'em out every now and then. I never cease to find a thread bashing FF. The last one I found was very hitting against the FF admin. Ah like they say and they followed ............ "If ya can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen and play with balloons"
Kind of reminds me of all the refugees that ended up on NCT from DC. Big difference is that the DC powers that be were not nice people, and you could get banned just for disagreeing with one of them. You have to commit a serious mortal sin here to get banned, and disagreement is welcomed/tolerated as long as it's civil. Oh, well, I hope they are happy in the land where everyone agrees with each other. Personally, I'd get bored on a site like that.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Continuing Dubya's tax cuts has been a front and center topic. BD in his op, and I posted a WSJ article in another thread, noting that greater tax revenues (from economic expansion) followed those cuts.

There was a John Stossel piece on Fox over the weekend titled The Battle for the Future. In it, he talked to some very wealthy folks about their responses to tax hikes. Part 1 (and the other 5) are here: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7PGbZSs4xM"]YouTube - John Stossel - The Battle for the Future - Part 1 of 6[/ame]

All tolled, it's about 45 minutes or so, and very interesting.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Is there a fact check available on this:

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac?

OBAMA.

I am not trying to start a rucus, I just don't know where to look.

Thank You

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A google search for "fannie mae political contributions" gives plenty of sources.

Actually, the first link shows Obama 2nd, just behind Dodd.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Indeed they do . But they just sit there in there own little world because they have been shown to less than stellar ideas,and opinions . :yum::yum:
Well, I hate to say it, but what is that quote?

I'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member.
Not that I've been invited, you see.. :yum:

SShepherd

Hey ! I hope I'm a topic...being an internet bully and all.

I guess being smacked in the head with facts/logic and evidence hurts:shifty:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
lol...plus they seem pretty bitter about this place:yum:
Yeah.. I know.. and whatevs.
If we weren't the best forum for political discussion etc.. etc.. etc.. we wouldn't be missed so much or monitored so much.
Just sayinnnnnnnnnnnnn.....:wink: