• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My New Best Friend

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't replace Brandy, but I can start new with a best friend. She is Nellie, and she has a great blood line for retrieving. Wish me luck with a new pup.

Attachments

• Nellie01.jpg
    Nellie01.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 209

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Labs are the only buddies I've had for the last 35 years ................ I have a black and yellow and I bought my son a chocolate 14 months ago. We have the trifecta.

She's almost certainly going to be a great friend, just have to spend time with her.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's always exciting to bring a new puppy in to the house. She's beautiful.

Every dog I've ever had for over 20 years has been a lab mix and not a bad dog among them. In fact, as I type this, the two of them are lying on the floor about 10 feet away waiting to go outside for their morning romp.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's always exciting to bring a new puppy in to the house. She's beautiful.

Every dog I've ever had for over 20 years has been a lab mix and not a bad dog among them. In fact, as I type this, the two of them are lying on the floor about 10 feet away waiting to go outside for their morning romp.

This is my second lab. I am still amazed at how quickly they learn what it is you want them to do. I have had her 6 days now, and working on house training her. She came to me just now and gave me that look. I took her outside and she did both jobs. Each time she is good, I give her a single cherrios and pat her on the head and tell her she is a good girl.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice pup!

Whomever said dogs have no soul have never had a Lab.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
That is the cutest pup I have ever seen!! Take a lot of pictures...they grow up too fast!

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, Here is Nellie at 5 months.

Attachments

• Nellie, 9-13-16.jpg
    Nellie, 9-13-16.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 151

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is Nellie completing her first retrieve of a goose a few days ago. She is 7 months and a pure natural bird dog. Lot of work to refine her into a hunting partner.

Attachments

• IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2385.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 153

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I love labs too my first was a black one last one was a golden lab now I have Boss Dog he has been a great companion even though he doesn't seem to have quite as many smarts as the last 2 I love his colors a chocolate color with a tinge of red with some light yellow accents .