• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How to cook the Perfect Egg for a English Muffin

Umberto

Needs bacon or sausage... but looks like something I will do tomorrow.

Egg in a basket next...

Umberto

OK, I tried this several times - it will blow the paper towel off the cup. My microwave must be extra powerful because one minute makes the yolk extra hard. 40 seconds was perfect.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I wouldn't trust any coffee cup like that in the microwave. I would use a microwave safe bowl or better yet buy a microwave egg poacher. I have one; they sell them out of catalogs and on those place's websites. Mine poaches four eggs at once. If you have a more powerful microwave oven you might want to set it down to 45 (or even fewer) seconds. The poachers are cheap. Made out of some kind of plastic and have a lid.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I make my eggs in the ring form that I use to make the muffins, cooking in an 8" cast iron pan. The egg fits the muffin because they're the same size.

Attachments

• IMG_3825.jpg
    IMG_3825.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 196
  • English Muffins 102613-2.jpg
    English Muffins 102613-2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 195

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If it's just me and the missus having eggs and toast in the morning we'll often use our egg cooker for the microwave. You don't need butter or anything. Crack the eggs into the cooker and put it in the microwave for a minute. Perfect eggs every time. It is stoneware so clean up is easy. Just run it under water and wipe off. No soap. We have several different stoneware pans of different sizes. They work great. Ours come from Pampered Chef.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssm9_kDPXrY

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i remember getting an a+ on that test/class. i remember vinegar, swirling h2o, salt, & a sorta whirlpool in a pot. we would temp it, as well. together, that would prevent over-coagulation.

then, put 'em on a slice of bread, to drain. skim, if seen fit.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a quick tasty breakfast tip. Using the egg cooker stoneware, I put a slice of lunch meat ham in the bottom. Crack an egg open over the slice of ham. Sprinkle salt pepper and basil. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over it. Microwave for two minutes. Meanwhile toast two slices of your favorite bread. Butter. When the eggs are done scoop them out and place onto the toast. Delicious breakfast. And quick. We do them at the church but in greased muffin tins in the oven. We call them egg nests.

1507ccee1eef07db1ff0b93946f65f5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk