• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kioti spring cleaning care !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, Spring is not far off and winter is just about over here . The old DK45 Kioti has had a tough winter . Other than fluid changes not much has been done to her .

So today I ordered up new center disk for both rear wheels where the old ones have spider cracked , 1 new front rim to replace one that wobbled lose and egged the lug bolts holes on the rim . 4 new pins on the loader , 1 new seat , touch up paint and about 2 1/2 hours of hardfacing the front bucket.

This summer will see the 2385 Backhoe all rebushed with new bushings , new seat , and one new ram on the main boom .

The 72" box blade was rebuilt this past fall and a new cutting edge installed so that is done at least . Also New ripper teeth and a new 4"x 4"x 1/2 "steel tube where the rippers hook to. That baby is twice as thick as the old tube . Now it will get a new coat of paint and be ready for many years of service .

Not sure if I will be keeping this unit or buying a new 2014 cab model TLB of the same size and brand . I just want my old one ready to work for me or anyone else that buys it .This has been a hell of a unit but it is 10 years old and I can still get a damn good price for selling her . Which means I can upgrade to the cab model I have always wanted and get a 4 year warranty to boot:smile: .

I got 2 surgerys coming up and if the test come back negative than I am ordering that new unit as my birthday present to myself .
I should know in about two weeks .

Last edited:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
C'mon Al, why wait? You know the cab adds years of use to the operator! :wink:

Clearing 8" of snow this last weekend for about 5 miles of roads and clearing numerous parking lots and driveways was all done with temps around zero with a nice brisk 25mph breeze. All that work was done in jeans, New Balance running shoes and just a nice Carhartt tee shirt and I stayed warm and toasty while listening to an audiobook the entire time. Oh yeah, don't forget to get that air ride seat too. It sure is nice when you hit pot holes and it doesn't jar your back any. :clap: