• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
food shopping, cooking, & weather permitting, i may swim, then see my pal tonite if he's nearby-- my hair needs to be given a shave on its one 'lil shaven area, too, my usual salon-- then he keeps saying he needs me to trim his tresses--

it's similar to feeding a stray-- feed them, & then you're stuck feeding them-- trim someone's hair once; you're their new stylist~ on their terms, too--

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ultrasound this morning to see if I get stuck with another liver drain. Then the big question is whether or not I lose part of my liver.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. Just a bit concerned about the results of this test. My liver had a level 4.5 laceration. Level 6 is fatal. I'm experiencing the same symptoms as the first time I ended up in the hospital with a liver drain. This time around, the option for my liver is basically leave the drain in permanently or surgery to remove the part of my liver with the damaged bile ducts.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds horrible. Since liver is one organ that grows a not medical person like me wonders why they can't remove the part causing the drainage and have the good grow to replace it. :confused:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's the thought. But as with anything there are complications associated with it. And with my luck the insicion would get infected and I'd be dealing with that for the next year.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After an ultrasound for me at the hospital and an annual medical for one of the kiddies at another clinic, it was time to bring them to the new splash pad the city built. But first I had to swap out one back tire for my spare on the truck. The tread is probably good for another 50,000kms but the sidewall was letting go with a big bulge in the side.

Dropped off the tire and it's replacement at a tire shop then took the kids to play.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Let's see . Put a tank through one of the saws this A.M. . Helped my BIL do oil changes and tire rotations on his vehicles . Put a couple of loads of black locust into the wood shed .
Bought a minty looking Shindaiwa 757 from a guy on one of the saw forums . Got it for a bit over 350 . Normally I see them for a lot more and considerably abused . Pretty good day !

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Walked to the bus stop and took the bus to get a haircut.
I lucked out and got a free ride because the cash box was out of order.
I told the kid who gave me the haircut that the last barber there, (who had cut my hair) kept asking if I really wanted my hair cut that short. I told him that I didn't want to P.O. that guy because it's never a good idea to P.O. anyone who has a strait razor near one's throat. But that I didn't really appreciate that.
So I got my haircut the way I wanted it. As I was paying him I saw the barber who has previously cut my hair standing outside. I tipped the kid six bucks and told him to tell that barber he might get good tips if he just cut people's hair the way they wanted and shut up.
Then I walked across the street to my usual Chinese food lunch spot.
After that I walked next door to the store there and bought a very few things.
Can't buy much when taking the bus.
I lucked out again because the bus was starting to take off when I got up to it but the driver stopped so I could get on.
It was just about 12:30 when I got home soaked in sweat. A shower sure felt good.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a fairly lazy day around here.
Grocery shopped local instead of going out of town.
Feeling a bit blue knowing Jeff and Kasey will be heading to Pittsburgh (whenever that happens)-
Doesn't matter, it's not like they are moving half a world away.

Made pork chops a la Shake n Bake for dinner with a romaine/walnut salad that I like.

Yakked political about the Trump transgender ban military thing.
I am FOR IT, but looks like those in charge will be the ones who ultimately make that decision.

Right now, I am listening to Music Choice channel on the tv.
Traffic- Rock and Roll Stew just ended with Floyd Wish You Were Here playing right now.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Headed out to camp in a couple hours till Monday. She who must be obeyed has Monday off so we'll stay an extra night. Then I have a crew of guys hired to come build a 16x16 deck.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm helping my Mexican neighbor cut down yet another dead pine tree in my yard. He also has his wife and 2 boys helping. That makes at least 6 big pine trees that I've lost in the last 3 years to Pine Bark Beetle. I only have about 6 left. The yard is starting to look "empty".

I need to start to think about what I'm going to plant to replace them. It won't be pines, that's for sure. That beetle has devastated pine trees throughout East Texas.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hottest day this summer so far. 30 celsius in the shade with a humidity level of 40. We spent the afternoon at the beach. It's a 10 mile drive down a dirt road to get there. We brought the kayaks. Just pulling into the campground after the beach and shut off the truck and all we hear is tsssssssssssss........ Great. Flat tire on the hottest day. Now I'm drinking as much water and sitting in the ac in the camper trying to recover from heat stroke after changing the flat. Oh well. Good excuse to upgrade the tires. I have a full set and a half sitting at home I could throw on temporarily

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not a bad shift at work, just busy- which is what I like.
Goes by fast!

We ordered an XL pizza to share from Jack's.
I took the green olives off my slices, picky shit that I am.
:yuk::tongue:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Gonna be another hot one today. Thunderstorm predicted for this afternoon. So I may just spend a good part of the day in the camper with the ac on chasing a hangover.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bad night last night. Marks 2 nights of not sleeping well in a row. I was up and awake several times, but then would fall back to sleep. Original plan was to go to church at 11am, but I may skip mass as I try to continue to wake up? I like to go to church but there are times when I just don't feel up to it.

Mitty got me up at 4:30am to go outside. Apparently he was having serious stomach distress because he pooped on the tile floor TWICE between the time we went to bed and the time I took him out. At least he went down and did it on the tile. And at 4:30 he pooped outside too. Can't imagine there is much left inside the dog. He didn't eat much breakfast today. I'm thinking that maybe Mitty woke me up by jumping up on the bed after each time he came back from pooping?

His potty training has been going very well, while I don't trust him 100%, he can easily go a full week without having an accident on the floor ... and sometimes that is just a little "excitement" pee when we return home after having been gone for hours.

The lovely Mrs_Bob has a teacher friend coming over who needs some help; they will have books and computers sprawled out over the dining room table while they try to get her work done. Unfortunately the teacher friend is bringing over her son & nephew to hang at our swimming pool. So not sure that they will get much done as they will need to deal the kids too (roughly 12 & 14 years old). The son is also my Godson. He's a good kid but has been 'mothered' to the point that if he wants a glass of water he will ask his mom to get it for him instead of walking over to get it himself. Makes me crazy.

I had previously stated that I am not going to deal with the kids and will be taking my leave to the cigar lounge. Have not been there in a couple of weeks.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, and pizza should NOT have olives on it ... ever.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm frustrated and depressed.

Everything I've got is broken or not working properly. The big tractor is overheating when mowing in really thick stuff. It was 98° but it shouldn't have done that. I was using the little tractor yesterday to help load logs and for spraying insecticide. All of a sudden there was a squeeling noise and the temperature ran up to max. Nursed it back to the house and the belt had burst ... at 6:15, after everyplace was closed. I found another belt that might do so I'll skip church and try to get it on this morning. Having done it before, I remember it is a real pain in the butt.

Add to that the Gator is not running properly and the van won't change out of first gear to the list and you'll see why I'm frustrated.

Our son, his wife and 2 of the grandkids are arriving on Tuesday for a short stay before going up to Boston to get the grand daughter settled in at New England Law School. So, I won't be getting much done or fixed around here for the next few days ... or weeks. Ah well, at least the lawn mower is still working ... for now.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure it should ... black olives and anchovies !! Now on the other hand , pineapple should be banned as a topping !

Anchovies ... yes

Black olives ... no
Green olives ... no

Pineapple ... only used black and/or green olives are present on the pizza, at which point the whole thing belongs in the trash.

:hammer:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally dragged our butts out of the camper by 11:30am. Went down to the boat launch for a swim and shampoo. Feel almost human again after sweating yesterday. Now just relaxing in the camper while it's the hotest part of the day. We're in a heat warning as well as a thunderstorm warning again. Wouldn't be camp without some kind of warning.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally gave in and went to Urgent Care Med Express place. I've had a bad cough w/ flem. Mussinx was not getting er done like I hoped. They gave me a 5 day zpack ...diagnosed with acute bronchitis. Bla. Hoping the pills fix em up quick but not to quick. They gave me a two day off work slip ...I gave it to my wife. She was not amused. :yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Planning to play around with my ukuleles. The lovely Mrs_Bob is taking Melen shopping for school clothes and will be gone from lunchtime into the evening. I should have plenty of 'free time' to practice at my leisure.

I'm trying to learn the '12 chord jazz' practice riff. Problem is that with my arthritis I have an extremely difficult time doing a F7 chord. G7, C7 are no issue. F7 is often very painful, somedays nearly impossible. I need those 3 chords to play this and I am hoping that more and more practice of working to make the F7 will get me a playable version.

Probably doing some lawn mowing today too. And hopefully going to the fencing club this evening.

Getting our deck built today. Had to hire someone as my back wouldn't handle it.

For the first time in over 20 years I hired a crew of landscapers to come help me at the house. My body is not working well this year either. And honestly I'm also being a bit lazy. We are still doing the easy stuff like mowing. But heavy work like rebuilding a patio block wall, chain sawing back some of the woods to prevent the trees from overgrowing the fence line, etc are relegated to my nephew and his crew.

Injuries and age tend to cause us to make choices about our projects. Honestly I like to keep up the property and improve the property. But I'm just sore this year.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Drinking coffee right now and catching up on news headlines.

Working today, then Wednesday and Thursday as well, followed by a blessed four days off.
Planning on a trip north either then or my next weekend off.

The cat will have to manage on his own. No taking a feline to a boarding kennel.

Status
Not open for further replies.