• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

constructing a 2 meter sleeved diapole

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
ive started working on a sleaved diapole 2 meter antenna ive built up the ground plane and feed line now i have to make a mount for the whip the cool part of this antenna is that i've built everything out of spare parts some old cb stuff and scrap aluminum now now i need to figure up whip length and go borrow a swr meter to tune it the antenna will be 1/2 wave length and if i needed to i could throw some fishing line into a tree and hoist it way up there.once final mesure ments are made i will post mesurements it is just a mini bigstick i will isolate it fom the mast with a piece of pvc pipe

Attachments

• big bliz 004.jpg
    big bliz 004.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 184
  • big bliz 006.jpg
    big bliz 006.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 185

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
just finnished my 2 meter little stick will be setting swr this afternoon has no problem getting in to the icey veiw node on 5 watts here the pics of it assembled and deployed as i would do it in a tree this style of antenna should work well as a either a base instalation or a jump antenna

Attachments

• 2m little stick 002.jpg
    2m little stick 002.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 2m little stick 003.jpg
    2m little stick 003.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 213
  • 2m little stick 004.jpg
    2m little stick 004.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 175

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I may have to get into this Ham Radio stuff to make damn sure you guys don't talk about me behind by back ????:wink: