• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
twas a late night.
Sonny boy was outside grilling still at 11pm for crying out loud.:yum:
I had a plate then beat feet for bed thinking I'd be up half the night with indigestion.
Today, I don't know what's going on.
I do need to get back down to Delphos one day and get the rest of my stuff out of storage.
It's been there since December!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Great frosty morning to you all!
Supposed to be chilly, windy with a dusting of snow.
All is well, life is good in the house on the hill (down bah the rivah)... :yum:

Attachments

• 20180313_082119-614x412.jpg
    20180313_082119-614x412.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 74

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Mornin everyone. Off to physio in a bit then out to the garage with the oldest boy for a helper to finish pre assembly on the bunk beds. Then I'll build the ladder and safety rails for it.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Sitting out yet another Nor'easter. Third one in two weeks. We have about a foot of snow from this last storm. Clean up in the mornin' :thumbup:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
putting on my slipper-boots, petting my babs, watching i.d. channel & if there were raw cookie dough in my fridge, i'd ingest that as if there were not to be any further cookie dough-- i'll settle 4 yogurt-- sigh~

& being ill~~
i'll get over that soon--

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Moving bunk beds. We took the old ones out last night so I could install the new ones today. Now that I have it built in the garage, lets see if I can take it apart and reassemble it in the house.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Watching it snow . Gotta make a run to town for some offroad diesel . May grace Rural King with my presents ,and buy a gut bomb and fries at Wendy’s .
Happy Hump Day ! Aloha .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got up to see Ty off and packed his lunch since Ali is still sleeping as are the girls.
Never seen a woman who can sleep and nap like she does.

Walked down the hill to bring up the mail and saw the guy down the road with a crew digging to lay tile.

Not sure what today is going to be like.
If the weather cooperates, I'll do the long walk along the dam.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Just came in from cleaning snow. 15" Then I was greeted by the weather report saying we are getting another giant nor'easter for the first of next week. :yum:

I love it!! :thumbup:

4 feet of snow on the logging road right of way to my wood lot. Gonna have to sit tight for a while, I guess.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Watching it snow . Gotta make a run to town for some offroad diesel . May grace Rural King with my presents ,and buy a gut bomb and fries at Wendy’s .
Happy Hump Day ! Aloha .

Screw that action. I stopped at Burger King a few days ago and picked up a Whopper. I used to love them years ago but have not had one in about 5 years so decided to try one. Well, I paid the price. Killer heartburn and then the runs. Big time. Won't go into details to save the agony of the mental image but suffice to say if I could have gotten by hands around the neck of that little prick who made that burger I would be in jail this morning. :yum::th_lmao::yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Burger King makes me sick too.
Not the same.

Been browsing the net, linked up to the laptop for a little bit.
Can't stand seeing such a large screen now that I'm used to the phone.
Makes me wonder how the heck I ever stood that 42" monitor I used to have.

Sitting here sipping a Biggby coffee, better than Timmy Ho's.

Oops! Forgot to resize and flip. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180314_163801.jpg
    20180314_163801.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 56

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
muting my television-- noise annoys me-- having my pabst & corking my cabernet-- then snooze & shopping-- babs hasta have her friskies & i hafta get ppl food 4 myself--

finally getting better; & spoke w/ my dear pal-- that asshole put watching a basketball game b-4 me-- how dare he!! i'm kinda sad 4 his ear; it'll be aching via my griping on that matter, lemme tell yins-- he went to Penn state & he insists on watching that game-- drives me insane--
i'd better not bitch too loudly; my hair needs to be cut & a slight plethora of my brows need to be taken away (well, they kinda should get a once-over)-- got too ill to make my last appointment--

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad you're feeling better Aubs, take care of yourself dollie.:smilelove:

Chilly morning today, beautiful sunrise.
Got two appointments today.
One at CHP, the other at Interim.
Prospective jobs with visiting nurses, flexible hours, good pay. That'll work!
Nothing else much going on that I know of.
The ladies 3 are still snoozing.
Son was up with the sun and out the door in a flash @ 6:45am.

Attachments

• 20180315_080100-614x614.jpg
    20180315_080100-614x614.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Did I mention how much I hate march break? Couped up with 6 kids in the house? Yes, it's mostly been alright but today the little buggers were wired. Talk about headache.

Sold the old bunk bed today. Went to physio. Not much else.

Tomorrow's plan is to ship the kids off to the boys and girls club a block away then grab the guitar and work on some new songs for the praise band I'm in. We were reminiscing last week that this week will be 5 years we've been playing together as a band. Time flies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lol Brian, I know those headaches, but I love these little babes to pieces.
Maddie can throw a fit when she doesn't want to go to bed. Elaina is the calm one.
I did sticker books with them and was going to watch their shows with them, but then they started running around singing and screaming.

When that happens, all I gotta do is grab the remote and put on Family Feud.
They love Steve Harvey and all the beeps and noises.:yum:

Good quick interviews on the job front.
I'd prefer a facility position, but being a visiting nurse is much more flexible.
That way I won't be gone all day, and trust me Ali needs help and direction with the girls.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Drove one of my onclogy nurses that can’t drive yet down to Pittsburgh for a follow up visit with her surgeon . So, currently I’m sitting in the waiting area catching up on my reading .
Happy St. Patrick’s Day ! 4AA5BF8D-15CA-4F1A-9601-06320C216C6F.jpeg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The monsters have been set free.
Let the games begin!:yum:
One is walking around with a cereal bar, the other is spinning in circles.

I'll shop some today and get food in for making a corned beef St.Pat's feast.

That said, Ty will be gone most of tomorrow, Ali is taking Maddie to a birthday party in the afternoon, then she's going out with friends to a wearin' of the green party tomorrow night.
I'll be here cooking and making sure the house remains in a place of total calm.
Told her not to plan on rolling in here in a state of total disarray either.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I apparently misread my appointment card and drove to the other side of the city for nothing today. So I stopped at lowes and picked up some wood to make a bench for the kitchen table. A couple hours later, I had this built. Then stained it to match the kitchen table.
d3569ecd804d4a23cbb339f5e5ee4a0b.jpg
29812d8ccc1eeda145699ce75ae87c47.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Went shopping this morning and got all the fixings for a big time St. Paddy's Day dinner.

12 pounds of corned beef should get everything started. Big day tomorrow.

I love St. Paddy's Day. :clap::thumbup::clap::thumbup:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Went shopping this morning and got all the fixings for a big time St. Paddy's Day dinner.

12 pounds of corned beef should get everything started. Big day tomorrow.

I love St. Paddy's Day. :clap::thumbup::clap::thumbup:

What time should we be there? Anything we should bring? :mrgreen: :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
12 lbs of corned beef?
Lol

I got the stuff I needed, everything else is go.

Attachments

• 20180316_154232-614x614.jpg
    20180316_154232-614x614.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 50
  • 20180316_154323-614x614.jpg
    20180316_154323-614x614.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 56

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
What time should we be there? Anything we should bring? :mrgreen: :yum:

The Guinness. LOL

12 lbs of corned beef?
Lol

I got the stuff I needed, everything else is go.

Yep, I run two 15 quart pots, with 2-3 pound briskets in each. About 2 pounds of potatoes and two pounds of carrots along with the cabbage and onions in each.

Leftovers get turned into Red Flannel Hash with the Kitchen-Aid food grinder. Need a Typar suit for that operation.:th_lmao:

Busy day but what a blast it is. My favorite guests get sent home with some of that hash. LOL.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been coughing most of the day.

Post nasal drip induced.

Going to the doctor tomorrow. Actually back to the doctor. 4th visit. Already had chest x-rays, other tests and everything is pointing to an allergy but we can't find a medicine that will control it.

Other than coughing today I insured the new pickup, ran various errands, drove to the next county to pay for appliances that we got a good deal on for the 'flip' house and arranged for delivery.

Made vegetable lasagna for dinner tonight ... about ready to get out of the Instant Pot and put it under the broiler to melt some cheese on top.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Met with Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds about some Tea Party and Veteran issues, then 3 miles on the treadmill at the Planet Fitness, then lunch with some buddies, then ran errands and now home. Maybe go to the bar later.

Me and Gov. Reynolds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.