• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Liberals criticize Trump for missing Arlington Cemetery Memorial on Nov 12 ...

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to stay off Facebook.

My über-liberal sister in law is posting stuff on Facebook.

She is apparently ignorant.

Veterans Day is ALWAYS memorialized at Arlington National Cemetery on Nov 11. ALWAYS on Nov 11. Same as Europe's Armistice Day. The 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month. The time that the Armistice Treaty was signed to end World War I. ALWAYS November 11

This year is the 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day. A memorial in Europe was held on Sunday Nov 11th. The leaders of the nations that participated in WWI were present, including President Trump. It was on the news. Even liberal sources covered it!!!

And so what does my sister in law post on FB? A headline from some fake news source that is critical of Trump for missing the ceremony at Arlington on MONDAY because rain was forecast. And I point out that he was in France. And I point out that the service was on SUNDAY.

So what happens? Not only does she argue that he should have attended the ceremony on MONDAY, so does some liberal friend of hers. WTF? There was no ceremony on MONDAY it was on SUNDAY ... but they persist.

I finally posted a link to C-SPAN's coverage on SUNDAY.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to stay off Facebook.

My über-liberal sister in law is posting stuff on Facebook.

She is apparently ignorant.

Veterans Day is ALWAYS memorialized at Arlington National Cemetery on Nov 11. ALWAYS on Nov 11. Same as Europe's Armistice Day. The 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month. The time that the Armistice Treaty was signed to end World War I. ALWAYS November 11

This year is the 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day. A memorial in Europe was held on Sunday Nov 11th. The leaders of the nations that participated in WWI were present, including President Trump. It was on the news. Even liberal sources covered it!!!

And so what does my sister in law post on FB? A headline from some fake news source that is critical of Trump for missing the ceremony at Arlington on MONDAY because rain was forecast. And I point out that he was in France. And I point out that the service was on SUNDAY.

So what happens? Not only does she argue that he should have attended the ceremony on MONDAY, so does some liberal friend of hers. WTF? There was no ceremony on MONDAY it was on SUNDAY ... but they persist.

I finally posted a link to C-SPAN's coverage on SUNDAY.

About the same from my liberal SIL :hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
One thing I've learned about Farcebook, keep your political POV to "thanks" only so as not to piss off the other side.
I have friends on there who are ultra left.
They post all kinds of random crap, but if I'd do that oh no.
So I keep it hidden between the lines.
Like on Sarah Huckabee Sanders page in the comments section for example.
:yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Funny thing is I didn't even have to defend Trump, I was just pointing out the fake news story she posted!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Personally, I find their ignorance very frustrating.

It reminds me of talking to my grandchildren, well, 2 of them anyway. They both get all their information from left wing blogs and accept it as the gospel truth. They never cross reference anything. It's impossible for me to discuss anything in the least political with them and they have a totally distorted view of the States. I sometimes wonder what they are going to do when they have to stop sucking the "parental tit" and enter the real world on their own and we're not talking children here, we're talking young adults.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
WWI was a European conflict in which the USA "participated." WWII was a world war the USA engaged on two fronts Europe and Pacific as allies of Europe, Australia, China.

Some 74,000 American war casualties are buried in France and Belgium, including 30,000 from World War I. The host nations, while retaining sovereignty over the burial grounds, have granted the land in perpetuity to the United States as military cemeteries

On the 100th anniversary of WWI armistice, our President most certainly should have been THERE.

He was.

BTW, Melensdad, remind your S-I-L that it was raining the entire time of his speech. He never flinched and no soldier got soaked by holding an umbrella over him.

https://www2.bing.com/videos/search?q=Obama+Umbrella&qs=n&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=obama+umbrella&sc=8-14&sk=&cvid=CC55D04527664A33996F4EDBA9FDA503&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dObama%2bUmbrella%26qs%3dn%26form%3dQBLH%26sp%3d-1%26ghc%3d1%26pq%3dobama%2bumbrella%26sc%3d8-14%26sk%3d%26cvid%3dCC55D04527664A33996F4EDBA9FDA503&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=3132F9850934B8922D263132F9850934B8922D26&FORM=WRVORC

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a very liberal SIL too. Sounds like a lot of us have them. Made me chuckle.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have a very liberal SIL too. Sounds like a lot of us have them. Made me chuckle.

Same here. Funny though, they all stay real clear of me. Just the way I like it, too. There is one in CA I kind of half way tolerate. He's a movie star and I see him about once every 5 years or so. Kind of an interesting guy. He does not bring up politics with me. He once called me the most insulting, rude son of a bitch he had ever met. I laughed, shook his hand and thanked him for that, all was good. :yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

NOPE :hammer:

This is what passes as "news" now. FWIW, Veterans day was NOT Monday Nov 12, it was Sunday Nov 11. The memorial ceremony at Arlington was also Sunday Nov 11, it is always Nov 11. Always.

The article did not mention the fact that the President traveled home from France overnight and landed on US soil Nov 12.

This is her "NEWS" link => https://www.thenewcivilrightsmoveme...2j4DHWV7vUMIU2pFvnxQXy9Q8ZJv1d8tE_pjfunluHRB8

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 11.32.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 11.32.48 AM.png
    559.5 KB · Views: 134

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
NOPE :hammer:

This is what passes as "news" now. FWIW, Veterans day was NOT Monday Nov 12, it was Sunday Nov 11. The memorial ceremony at Arlington was also Sunday Nov 11, it is always Nov 11. Always.

The article did not mention the fact that the President traveled home from France overnight and landed on US soil Nov 12.

This is her "NEWS" link => https://www.thenewcivilrightsmoveme...2j4DHWV7vUMIU2pFvnxQXy9Q8ZJv1d8tE_pjfunluHRB8

Liberals prefer to get their news from Mother Jones. :yum:

Thanx for pointing out that Vets Day was on the 11th. The 12th is nothing more then a manufactured holiday for gov't employees. Even UPS worked yesterday. I know because I got a delivery from them.