• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2019 Colorado Snowcat Jamboree

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
You don't have to have skiiers, just stay on the road if it's a hybrid route. The idea is that people can ski without the risk of a snowmobile collision. Other areas are just for hike and ski people. Some areas are just used by snowmobiles but the hike and ski people are allowed anywhere. No drag required in Colorado.

Aaron Tucker

so route 8,9 are a motorized trail for the purpose of getting in there to ski?

So I would have to be carrying skis or boards to be on that route with a snowmobile?

I guess it is like the Wisconsin and Michigan interpretation of grooming snow.... as long as you are pulling something for the purpose......

I asked if a 2x4 was a groomer, officer propson stated " are you pulling it for the purpose of grooming?"

Yes.

well then your grooming he stated.

:laugh3:
nothing like Wisconsin and Michigan this is the Rocky mountains

I'm just being funny not trying to be mean.

The only places you cant snowmobile or snowcat are the areas that are for skiing /snowboarding. This is to conserve the powder for skiers/snowboarders. The last thing you want is to being skiing glorious titty deep powder and hit a bomb hole from a snowcat lol. Also "if you lucky enough to find one" stay away from the 10 mountain huts as they are privately owned. The huts are available for rent tho. all the trails are already groomed by western states snowcats and they would prefer you leave the grooming to them. There are hundreds of miles of tails leading through some of the best snowcat terrain in the country here at Vail.

Colorado state registration for the year is $32
Vail pass is $6 a day per person or $40 for a season pass , kids are free
Montezuma is free

please feel free to ask more questions.

Aaron Tucker

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot

Attachments

• IMG_3533.JPG
    IMG_3533.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_3523.JPG
    IMG_3523.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_3548.JPG
    IMG_3548.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3551.JPG
    IMG_3551.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_3549.JPG
    IMG_3549.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_3541.JPG
    IMG_3541.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_3552.JPG
    IMG_3552.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_3557.JPG
    IMG_3557.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_3558.JPG
    IMG_3558.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_3608.jpg
    IMG_3608.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_3616.jpg
    IMG_3616.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_3617.jpg
    IMG_3617.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_3615.jpg
    IMG_3615.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3614.jpg
    IMG_3614.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_3611.jpg
    IMG_3611.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3610.jpg
    IMG_3610.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_3609.jpg
    IMG_3609.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_3560.JPG
    IMG_3560.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_3612.jpg
    IMG_3612.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 267

Aaron Tucker

more pics

Attachments

• IMG_3619.jpg
    IMG_3619.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3620.jpg
    IMG_3620.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3621.jpg
    IMG_3621.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 265

cat_women

Hello, I just joined the group. We are super excited to come to the jamboree in March. I was wondering where everyone was staying? Is there a loose schedule of events? (Vail pass one day and/or Montezuma the next?

Aaron Tucker

Hello, I just joined the group. We are super excited to come to the jamboree in March. I was wondering where everyone was staying? Is there a loose schedule of events? (Vail pass one day and/or Montezuma the next?

Hello! Welcome to the forum Cat_women. We are excited for you to come to the Colorado Snowcat Jamboree. I am looking up group rates right now in Dillon and Silverthorn CO where the majority of people will be staying. Feel free to find you own hotel or if there are 10 or more we can qualify for a group rate.

The Jamboree will me March 8th,9th and 10th.
8th,9th are at Vail pass and the 10th we will be going to Montezuma.
This will be a (loose) scheduled to allow freedom through out the Jamboree to the snowcat owners.

fire away with any more questions.

What snowcat do you have ?

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Please let us know if and when you find some place willing to give out a rate. I’m planning on attending in March

Aaron Tucker

The days inn in silverthorn wants $118.22+tax a night for a group rate.Would need to have at least 10 rooms booked to qualify for a group rate.

KT3survivor

shaping up to be another good year. we will be there in the old dirtbag kristi again. look forward to this event all year long :snow2_smi:

KT3survivor

I personally think that is my favorite machine from the pics I have seen! :thumbup: Not a dirtbag at all :wink:

well i appreciate the love. . . it is a little rough when you see it in person. there are alot of nice high dollar cats at the colorado jamboree, and while i may be the cheapest bastard in the group, im proud to fly the kristi flag at this event each year. it is a true colorado cat after all!

p.s. I am currently working on a modified version of the rally sticker for 2019. you guys think 50 will be enough?

cat_women

Hello! Welcome to the forum Cat_women. We are excited for you to come to the Colorado Snowcat Jamboree. I am looking up group rates right now in Dillon and Silverthorn CO where the majority of people will be staying. Feel free to find you own hotel or if there are 10 or more we can qualify for a group rate.

The Jamboree will me March 8th,9th and 10th.
8th,9th are at Vail pass and the 10th we will be going to Montezuma.
This will be a (loose) scheduled to allow freedom through out the Jamboree to the snowcat owners.

fire away with any more questions.

What snowcat do you have ?

We have a 1972 Imp. excited to see you all there! We have reserved a rooom in Dillon, but would love to get a cheaper one. (It's $200/night for dog friendly room)

Gail

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
shaping up to be another good year. we will be there in the old dirtbag kristi again. look forward to this event all year long :snow2_smi:

Dude, I thought you dropped using the forums because of Kristi teasing. Very glad to see you back. As everyone will agree, Kristi’s are still sort of like a unicorn of sorts. So the fact that you have one running is very excellent and always good to see!
David

KT3survivor

Dude, I thought you dropped using the forums because of Kristi teasing. Very glad to see you back. As everyone will agree, Kristi’s are still sort of like a unicorn of sorts. So the fact that you have one running is very excellent and always good to see!
David

no no, nothing like that. i know its all in good fun. if anything im the one stirring up the hornets nest with the snowtrac guys. still willing to loose a dragrace to a snowtrac if i ever run into one on the snow. i forgot my password and had a hell of a time getting ahold of someone who could fix it. luckily doc got me all sorted out and i can login and post again. glad to be back!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hey KT3 man, good to see ya back and FYI, a KT3 hold it's own with snow tracs, the snow trac guys will never admit too it, but true, keep on trackin'

KT3survivor

hey KT3 man, good to see ya back and FYI, a KT3 hold it's own with snow tracs, the snow trac guys will never admit too it, but true, keep on trackin'

it is a race that needs to happen for sure. I'm a gamblin' man, (i mean.. . I do operate a kristi :rolf2: ) i'll even put up a bottle of whiskey if that's what it takes to get a snowtrac out of storage, lined up with me at camp hale. any takers??

:hammer: :drive2:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
it is a race that needs to happen for sure. I'm a gamblin' man, (i mean.. . I do operate a kristi :rolf2: ) i'll even put up a bottle of whiskey if that's what it takes to get a snowtrac out of storage, lined up with me at camp hale. any takers??

remember it is not about speed, but rather, how capable the machine is and the skill of the operator. KT3 is right yup there and the side hilling is an advantage

If, is speed your game, how FAST do you want to GO. it is all about money then and the Kristi snow plane is the way to go and it side hills also...but be careful if a torpedo challenges you.

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I turn down a ride in a torpedo ,I seen the driver fly up the hill.
jimvt:yum:

KT3survivor

still have a bunch of 2018 photos and videos. might have to throw a vid together to up the hype

Attachments

• SAM_1447.jpg
    SAM_1447.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 296

Aaron Tucker

well i appreciate the love. . . it is a little rough when you see it in person. there are alot of nice high dollar cats at the colorado jamboree, and while i may be the cheapest bastard in the group, im proud to fly the kristi flag at this event each year. it is a true colorado cat after all!

p.s. I am currently working on a modified version of the rally sticker for 2019. you guys think 50 will be enough?

J! thanks for the help my friend. I made 120 last year and it wasn't enough. lets do 200. email me and I can get you some dough for the stickers. snowcatinc.com / snowcatinc@gmail.com

Aaron Tucker

We have a 1972 Imp. excited to see you all there! We have reserved a rooom in Dillon, but would love to get a cheaper one. (It's $200/night for dog friendly room)

Gail
cant wait to meet you Gail !
If we have a minimum of 10 rooms we can get a group rate at the Days inn for $118.95 . The days in is also a dog friendly hotel with lots of parking. Ill be honest its not the nicest hotel tho.The la quinta is also an option. Whats everyone think?

Aaron Tucker

snowcat Race added to the event list !
we also have serval new sponsor's this year !
I hope everyone is ready for the biggest Colorado snowcat jamboree so far.

Aaron Tucker

Some photos from our most recent catskiing trip at Vail Pass. The Colorado cat crew was able to accesses what we like to call the big cupcakes(First tracks this year). This is a huge cliff band of boulders. About 10 years ago we built a whole terrain park in this area with several log jibs.

Don't forget your Skis and snowboards.

Attachments

• IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_3840.jpg
    IMG_3840.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_3828.jpg
    IMG_3828.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_3822.JPG
    IMG_3822.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_3817.JPG
    IMG_3817.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_3815.jpg
    IMG_3815.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_3814.jpg
    IMG_3814.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_3806.jpg
    IMG_3806.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_3841.JPG
    IMG_3841.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 212

KT3survivor

that zone looks incredible! this was not the right year to blow my ACL :angry: but atleast i can drive a cat for all of you who still can shave some frosting off of those cupcakes! thanks for sharing aaron. been going up there for years and I never knew a place like that existed at camp hale

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was born in the wrong part of the country but I’m Colorado on the inside of that counts?

More jealousy. I’ll be reaching out next week to you as we prepare to head west.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Can someone tell me if the "2PV-Non-Resident Snowmobile Permit" from the Colorado Parks and Wildlife site is the correct sticker I need to get for an out-of-state user in Colorado for the Snowcat Jamboree. If this is not it can you direct me to the correct site/tag.

This is the site: https://www.cpwshop.com/privilegepos.page

Last edited: