• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Circus Came To Town - Some Special Thoughts Here

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The Carson and Barnes Circus were in town today and gave 2 performances.
Why am I posting this in the Happy Place Forum?

Well, because 10 of my "special little people" from work got to attend, thanks to our excellent activities department, as well as a couple of VERY special nurse's aides.. namely Hannah and Lindsay who volunteered to come in on their day off to help accompany these darlings whom I love so much to the circus, compliments of the travel van and as I said.. our beautiful activities staff.

When Twila and Betty (especially) returned this evening- they were chattering away because, for one thing.. neither of them have ever SEEN an elephant or a camel in person, as they said :yum:, much less attended a circus or even a zoo! So this was a big deal for two ladies in their 80s who spent their lives as hard working farm wives raising large families.

It certainly made me feel humbled and stand back and look at my two little chickies in a different light. Betty and Twila are roomies on the east wing, and before I left tonight after last med rounds, they were still lying there in their beds talking "day at the circus". :biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey that is a great activity for them to attend. Always good to get them out and do something but that was a real change for them. Glad the girls had a great time.:clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey that is a great activity for them to attend. Always good to get them out and do something but that was a real change for them. Glad the girls had a great time.:clap:
You bet it was Bill!
Normally, the ones who are able to get out go for ice cream at The Creamery and a scenic drive, or attend music in the park on Sundays and dinner at The Old Barn Out Back. They loved it. :smile:

Trakternut

The satisfaction you're feeling is only outweighed by the fun those two old gals enjoyed today. Your two helpers and yourself have my respect and admiration for giving of yourselves for a few hours. They have this memory to take with them to The Hereafter, all because of you and your friends. Kudos, Lollie! :clap:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well ..... who wouldn't enjoy a day at the circus?

I haven't been to one since I was a kid when Billy Smart's Circus would come to town every summer. They would parade down the main street and head to the beach area where the Big Top was set up. My dad used to take me every year until they stopped touring and settled in a permanent home. They've since gone the way of so many things from my childhood. They were much simpler and happier times. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
That sounds great PG & great post :respect: I,m sure if was a great time for all . I,ve never been to the circus growing up , I dont know if it was because parents couldn,t afford it or just to darn busy .

But I do remember during a very busy harvest time , My dad took the time to take me in the wheat truck to the closest railroad track where the circus train was unloading to take a 5 mile parade route to the closest town . Probablly one of my best memorys ever growing up & I had forgotton about it till now . Thankyou :flowers:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Thanks PG for the hard work you do...takes a special person.....seeing the smiles and hearing the chatter must be so rewarding.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
PG? It has not been a real good day , but your story helpped a lot ,to improve my mood . Bless You . Its all about caring for our fellow man .......or women . Thank You

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
PG? It has not been a real good day , but your story helpped a lot ,to improve my mood . Bless You . Its all about caring for our fellow man .......or women . Thank You
Aww Al.
You're welcome honey!
Sometimes I think being a nurse is the only thing that keeps me sane, even when I am caring for the not so sane.:smile:
I love every single one of my people there to pieces.

Whatever it is that's got you bummed, I hope you DO feel better.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
PG, you have made MY day a whole lot better with this post. You and your staff are angels, whether you know it or not. :clap::clap::wow::clap::clap: