• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Don't offer to arm wrestle Sno-Surfer

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Many, many years ago I tried that in the Canary Islands. I even took lessons and I was still useless at it. I spent a lot of time falling off and getting back on wasn't all that easy. When you do get it right though, it is an absolute blast. Unfortunately, my periods of exhilaration tended to be of a very short duration. At the end of the afternoon, I was exhausted.

Sno-Surfer

Well I'm not sure I'll win any arm wrestling contests but I'd love to go windsurfing with any of my catting friends. The switch flipped to summer here two weeks ago and with all the snow melt we are having a great season of high wind and big swells in the river.
I still miss catting though. I'm headed out to grease some more rollers now....:biggrin:

Sno-Surfer

Here's the latest craze around here. Hydrofoiling or foiling. They are putting foils on everything now. Kite boards, surf boards, SUP and windsurfers. Something new to learn how to ride

IMG_7656.jpg

undy

Way cool. Last time I was through Underwood, WA we stayed and watched dozens of people out riding. What an ideal place to windsurf!

For whatever reason, I always remembered the town...:brows:

Paul Underwood

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I tried my hand at windsurfing in the Dominican Republic. Thought I was going to be out jumping waves based on my wakeboard and snowboard skills.

Negative. Never even got the board to the water. Lots of skill needed there. Hats off. That hydro foil is cool. We occasionally see an old school air chair on some of the lakes but I am sure your craze will be headed east.