• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Camo Snowcats??? Or what?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Last week I was driving from New Orleans to Fort Walton Beach FL. I saw these heading east just like me. Are they snowcats or what?

I got the 2nd pic shown here as we were passing the truck. Later we were gasing up and there he was, so I got a better pic. :D

Attachments

• CamoSnowcats3.jpg
    CamoSnowcats3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 340
  • CamoSnowcats2.jpg
    CamoSnowcats2.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 339

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hagglunds bv206. From what I know they are an arctic troop carrier for the military among other uses.

PJL

My earlier post disappeared. The US Army had those and have been surplusing them over the last few years. Someone probably got them from GovPlanet or some over surplus auction site.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
They appear to be disconnected and loaded strange ? Rear pieces tracks pointing wrong direction .

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
they are bv 206's, aka m973 small unit support vehicles. they are an arctic support vehicle,they run a pretty heave foot print at 1.5 psi.the vehicle was originally intended to be an all terrain vehicle and is capable of swimming. When folks ask me about them my answer is uncle sam cant afford to keep his fleet running what makes you think your pockets are deeper.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw a lowboy trailer with 4 of these aboard headed North through Central Ohio about 5:00 PM today.