• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 1642 Craigs Truckee

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Just talked with the owner...somebody already coming to look at it. It won't last long.

Truckee Joe

That was me who went to look at it. I needed to have my mechanic come back with me because he couldn't get it running. it leaks gas out the carb and hasn't ran in years. I was trying to buy the thing because i live off the grid and need it with how this winter is going. But now since so many people told him it must be worth more he raised the price to 5k. Looks like i am priced out now because I also have to buy my wife a car because hers was smashed by a Union Pacific plow crew. Good luck, interweb its all yours now.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Agreed- good price. Go back with $3K (4K? - still good deal for the parts alone) cash and see if he will do it. Just be aware that if it's having issues sitting there, it certainly needs a through run down before relying on it to get you from point A to B

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't see anything on here stating he should raise the prices?

With a deal like that need to show up with 3k no questions asked and haul it off. . I have lost a few great buys on Tucker by not just pulling the trigger and either trying to go lower or think about it after looking.

Tucker's sell quick especially cheap ones regiardless of condition.

willd

I was also in line but he never called back so i figure it was too good to be true. Probably be up for sale in a week for 10k 50 miles farther away.

PJL

Welcome aboard jmurphy. Looking forward to reading all about your restoration and adventures. And yes there is always some sort of adventure when cats are involved.

PJL

You have a 1200 too? Already addicted. Too late. Love to see some pics of the 1200.

Snowmosteve

Wow jmurphy that's funny to hear you bought it because its sitting at my place. Maybe you bought a different one in truckee. Paid $3700.00. Thank you to Truckee Joe for putting the new starter in. Should be a fun project first snowcat.

jsmurphy

not sure where you get your information, I bought the starter and put it in I backed out of buying it because the shaft that runs the oil pump is broken, got it running with no oil pressure good luck

Snowmosteve

Wow jmurphy that's funny to hear you bought it because its sitting at my place. Maybe you bought a different one in truckee. Paid $3700.00. Thank you to Truckee Joe for putting the new starter in. Should be a fun project first snowcat.

jsmurphy

yeah I bought it, I just received a certified check yesterday (Friday) from Keith returning my money, I have a nice cat, was not going to keep that one. good luck with it, needs major wiring, ignition switch is wired hot cant shut off with key, and take battery cable off when it sits or it will drain the battery, glad you got such a great deal on it, let the work begin, I also have all the paperwork on it, including owners manuel, and bill of sale from Keith, so your remark of how did I buy it when it is sitting in your yard should prove that I didn't buy a different cat in truckee thanks Jim