• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

So a Jew asks a Black, how we going to get rid of racism . . .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting.

The most common sense solution I've ever heard.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cGfrExozQ]YouTube - Morgan freeman solves the race problem.[/ame]

But I actually find it offensive that the white guy backs down from being white when asked about "white history month", and says he is Jewish, then Morgan Freeman, is a moment of clarity, pushes the issue back again and asks if he wants a "Jewish history month." This logic, used by Mike Wallace (the white/Jewish guy) is what is wrong with this country. He wants to set people that he feels are disadvantaged apart to help them but does not realize that by setting them apart he is creating a racial divide!

For clarity, I do not find it offensive that Mike Wallace backs away from being White, I find the tactic he is using offensive, dishonest and illogical.

RedRocker

Yep, history should be history, not someones version of history that excludes people places or events.
Where I work we have a separate group for women, blacks, Mexicans, all in the name of "diversity". So, we divide people up by gender and race in hopes of bringing us together.
The concept of E Pluribus Unum is lost on the last few generations, what ever happened to the melting pot?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have never seen Mike Wallace stutter / at a loss for words like he was there for a second before he finally said he was Jewish. Priceless.

Morgan Freeman is a class act and one smart guy. He picks his movies / characters wisely and always does such a good job of portraying them. His solution is simplistic, but it could work if it weren't for the Jesse Jackson's and David Dukes of the world.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I've always liked Morgan Freeman. I like him a lot more now.

As for Mike Wallace, I don't see anything so particularly offensive with his conduct. He just got caught off guard, it seems to me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That was very interesting.
I too love Morgan Freeman, but I feel Mike Wallace said nothing wrong.
Freeman sent him a challenge of thought, a very good one at that. :D

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
. . .but I feel Mike Wallace said nothing wrong. . .
Not exactly 'wrong' but certainly not right.

He tried to dodge his way out of the political correct bullcrap by claiming minority status in a different way. That is a tacit way of admitting that he condones setting up special status. Then when pressed again, he admitted he didn't want the special status for Jewish people.

So I have to ask, if Jewish people don't need a "history month" then why do others? He is a hypocrite.